• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

isn't it something, how the Peoria '71 twins jumped
compared to how the 90s Rotax singles j-u-m-p-e-d,
then contrasted to how recent DTX singles j--u--m--p--e--d ?

considering how the '17 twins kinda hopped @ Daytona TT,
it'll be instructive to see if/how much the PMC & AFT folks
modify Peoria's jump for todayz much more powerful twins
[published reports suggest '17 Twins are mebbe 20-lbs lighter than '72 XRs]

Last edited:
The break is over and the Miles are coming! Five AFT Mile races in the next five weeks then a two week break before another Mile. The brutal stretch for the teams kicks off this Saturday with the Arizona Mile.

The break is over and the Miles are coming! Five AFT Mile races in the next five weeks then a two week break before another Mile. The brutal stretch for the teams kicks off this Saturday with the Arizona Mile.

yeah, is this schedule mimicing SX or the MX outdoors?
actually, itz reminiscent of the '70s/80s when the total number of events ballooned to around 20

"PRAISE BE !!", I say - attend every AFT GNC ya can, cz we dunno how long this new [Golden?] age of FT will last.....

RE: so many Miles - IIRC, the Strohs Miles Series peaked @ 11 Miles some 30 yrs ago + there were additional Miles those same years before/after the series-within-the-AMA GNC - Uboob is swimming with vids from that period

so, how many checkers will a Kawi or veteran XR win outta the 6 Miles?

RE: The AZ Mile:
- izzit a day or nite event?
- will Bubba be replaced on the start/finish line PA mike?
- will an additional machine arise to successfully challenge the existing Big 3 brands?

just 4 mo daze......

RE: The AZ Mile:
- izzit a day or nite event?
- will Bubba be replaced on the start/finish line PA mike?
- will an additional machine arise to successfully challenge the existing Big 3 brands?

just 4 mo daze......

One can only hope. :thumbup

With any luck Bubba's mic won't work.

Arizona Mile is an afternoon race. No Daylight Savlings Time in AZ so I'm pretty sure the times listed on the AFT site are the same for us. Looking forward to seeing the Indians on a Mile with Smith/Mees/Baker. Ultimate reliability test for those engines. Unless V&H found some real magic, the XGs don't appear to be a threat. Halbert, Bauman and CTex are probably the only ones who can spoil the Indian party. Everyone else is Custer.

[edited]With any luck Bubba's mic won't work.....

.....Unless V&H found some real magic, the XGs don't appear to be a threat. Halbert, Bauman and CTex are probably the only ones who can spoil the Indian party.....

agreed on the H-D factory XG trio, Sammy & Briar

it'd truly be wunnerful if Texter's able to step up on his 1-off Kawi -
he's so down-to-earth, writes well for "Cycle World", is from a long-established dealership/racing family, etc. etc.

if not him, whom?
well, the midfield's fulla.....midfielders, so [assuming they even have decent rides], I nominate the obvious:

- Jake Shoemaker
- Ryan Wells
- Jared Vanderkooi

getting back to the concept of the big-6 Miles [& kinda like MotoGP getting back to Yurrip], we'll all be a lot smarter in July RE: what's what in AFT

Go Team Zanotti !!

Impressive group of bikes.

18449447_334871660261916_4009203061355433153_o.jpg

Hogs and Kaws.

ooh !!

KR SR & JR as Grand Marshalls of Sacto Mile

".....Roberts, Sr. said. “I needed to get to a dirt track and watch it again. I haven’t been to a mile in years. It’s going to be interesting to see how it’s evolved”.....

.....The TZ750 returns for some more laps of glory, this time to be piloted by 2000 Grand National Champion Joe Kopp
....."

http://www.nextmotochampion.com/nmc...ary-harley-davidson-sacramento-mile-on-may-20

Going to put this out as a reminder. Lodi night before the mile race in a week. $11,000 purse $5,000 to the winner. They have some top pros and great racing at the night before the mile.

18423822_754145641431149_3225842929357620352_n.jpg

Night before the Mile is a great event. Big crowd and lots of good racing.

#6, #1 and #9 are top three qualifiers. Davis Fisher on the PBR Kawi is fastest non-Indian followed by Halbert's Yamaha and several more Kawis. The XG750Rs? At least they are nice looking bikes.

Heats at start at 2:30pm on Fanschoice.TV

18423822_754145641431149_3225842929357620352_n.jpg

the poster got me thinkin' -
howz Dominic Colindres' recovery coming along?

it's been quiet for awhile now.....

Exactly what I thought. I donated and was on the mailing list for supporters and that stopped pretty quick. :(

Miriam Deitcher of Flat Track Live posted an interview with Dom earlier this week on the Flat Track Live facebook page. He is still facing a lot of challenges.

[youtube]cD8cKpxP8eo[/youtube]

Wow. That Singles Main was great. Wonder when DG is expected to return?

Bubba sucks. "The girl won it" What the hell kind of of a comment is that.

Miriam Deitcher of Flat Track Live posted an interview with Dom earlier this week on the Flat Track Live facebook page. He is still facing a lot of challenges.

[youtube]cD8cKpxP8eo[/youtube]

thx for posting that - tough.....

it was great when Barry dedicated mic time to The Class of '79 honcho, defining some of what Dom needs & how they're working to gather the $$

new subject, yet keeping the local flava - Scotty promoted Lodi well, eh?

Bubba sucks. "The girl won it" What the hell kind of of a comment is that.

troof

my brother's visiting from central Indiana - he closely follows the upward progress of Singles competitor 99, Kevin Stollings, a talented kid from their local Indy Fri nite dirt track who grabbed 4th yesterday, this after a podium-enriched, 450-rookie 2016

bro was monitoring that Indy track's Twitter page or whatever while we watched FansChoice [Twins Final @ 3am! here in Paris] & was relaying the stream of anti-Bubba comments posted by his homies

Scotty repeated that Barry Boone will be supplementing on the mic @ start/finish for 3 more races - let's enjoy it while it lasts.....

Last edited:
Lodi's race will be covered by FansChoice.tv :thumbup :thumbup

I will be at the race, but if you are too busy to make the race on Friday tune in to FansChoice. Sure hope they post up a replay of the Lodi race.

Back