• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Just saw that. Great bike control. So glad Lewis is healthy and back on a good bike. Surprised to see him on the Zanotti XR at Springfield.

That was awesome Bill... thanks.

RED mile is on Fanschoice now. Way long intermission now for some reason.

I have a dinner with SHMBO tonight, if race runs on schedule I might be able to watch the first 5 laps of the main event. :mad

Looks like the heats start at 3:30pm Pacific. Social media pics showed good weather earlier and I haven't seen anything about a delay.

Psssst. Hide phone under napkin with sound off to watch the race during dinner.

have I mentioned that Bubba sux??

in more significant news, the same few folks who might challenge the Injuns over 25 laps are lookin' good, at least as heat winners - Halbert on his private Yamaha & Baer on his private KTM

local faves Chad Cose #49 & Briar Baumann #14 transferred to the semis, as did Jeffrey Carver #23 & a bunch of other fellow Kawi competitors

IIRC, all 3 Factory H-D Gs also transferred

there was a Ducati [Johnny Lewis #10] & a 2nd, Demay-tuned Yamaha running, tho' both have to get thru the LCQ before lining up for the Main

getting ready for Singles now.....

Last edited:
Whew. Great race first through fifth.

Did anyone else notice this, from AFT FB page.

"Congrats to Kevin Stollings on winning his first American Flat Track Singles Main tonight by a whopping 6.236 seconds. Bummer his pipe fell off during the race and he was DQ'd for failing the post-race sound test. Kid rode his ass off, smoked everyone, he won in our eyes."

Really sad to be that far out front and have the pipe fall off and get DO'd.:thumbdown

Did anyone else notice this, from AFT FB page.

"Congrats to Kevin Stollings on winning his first American Flat Track Singles Main tonight by a whopping 6.236 seconds. Bummer his pipe fell off during the race and he was DQ'd for failing the post-race sound test. Kid rode his ass off, smoked everyone, he won in our eyes."

Really sad to be that far out front and have the pipe fall off and get DO'd.:thumbdown

aww, that truly sux !

KS99 is the local kid whom my bro, Eddie, has been following for the last few yrs at Indy's short track

he's clearly the real deal & has assembled a good Singles program

I understand Stollings' header bolts broke with a lap or two left. He had a big lead so he was able to hold on but was DQ'd for sound violation. A guy on the ADVrider.com FT thread posted a photo. Sucks because he cleared off and won convincingly. I'm sure we'll see him up front again although Gauthier is supposed to be back for Oklahoma so everyone could just be racing for 2nd place the rest of the season.

Was so relieved to see some competition for the Indians in the top class again. Halbert is just going to get better on that Yamaha. I think HD's result was more Robinson than the bike but I hope they find their way soon.

Last edited:
gettin' real? - I'd say so:

Interview with Terry Vance - H-D factory FT team's current state

".....a couple years ago their [H-D's] track program was looking sad and I asked if I could have my guys build a couple engines for Brad Baker’s race bike. They actually approved the budget to do it and the first race we went to Brad won. That gave me a little bit better platform to talk to them about flat track moving forward.

So we won a couple races last year, we won the Santa Rosa race where they debuted the Indian so I think Harley realized they’ve got to pay a lot more attention to what’s happening here because of Indian.....

.....the G platform made more sense than continuing the XR. The XR would have had to take a lot of reworking to actually make the performance that you need and also keep the durability up because when you start making a lot of power with an XR it’s not designed for that. It’s designed for 70 hp not 120. So that’s an issue.....

.....the plan is to make sure we have a platform where all the dealers can participate and be involved and buy the pieces that they need to go and do that same thing themselves. And that’s where I think Harley’s strategy is a little bit better because for the dealer that’s selling product, I think that makes a lot more sense than selling a non-production based motorcycle
....."

http://www.aimag.com/the-state-of-harley-davidsons-factory-flat-track-team-terry-vance-interview/

^^^

There must have been a corporate directive not to use the word "Indian" in replying to media questions. :laughing

Peoria is hosting a twins race today on the TT. Its a chance for AFT twins racers to preview the new profile of the jump. Photos and video all day on FlatTrackLive's Facebook page and probably other social media outlets.

Some guy named Henry Wiles won the twins race. Wonder what will happen at the AFT round in August?

Some guy named Henry Wiles won the twins race. Wonder what will happen at the AFT round in August?

I wouldn't bet against Wiles.

here's the sharpest view I've seen of the only [private!] Yamaha to challenge dem Injuns & Hardleys, so far anyway -

upsize the foto & look closely, it's mebbe the future of Factory BluCrew involvement? [pp126/127]:http://magazine.cyclenews.com/i/836037-cycle-news-issue-23-june-13-2017

Uber clean :thumbup

19142929_1554867584547340_1408661436557088076_o.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 7.05.42 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 7.05.42 AM.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
A few posts from Sammy Halbert's social media accounts about riding Flat Track with Ryan Villopoto showed up last weekend. And then posts from Villopoto on Facebook about riding flat track with his grandfather (78 years old and still riding). And then today some nicely produced video footage of RV2 riding very nicely turned out single cylinder framer with his #2 and Kawi green colors. Hmmm...

thumb_66776_750x500_0_0_auto.jpg

American Flat Track returns to the Sooner state for the OKC Mile this Saturday.

Schedule for those Livin' on Tulsa Time. Subtract two hours for Best Coast time.

6:30 pm AFT Twins Heat 1
6:35 pm AFT Twins Heat 2
6:40 pm AFT Twins Heat 3
6:45 pm AFT Twins Heat 4
6:50 pm Intermission
7:00 pm AFT Singles Heat 1
7:05 pm AFT Singles Heat 2
7:10 pm AFT Singles Heat 3
7:15 pm AFT Singles Heat 4
7:20 pm Intermission
7:30 pm wins LCQ 1
7:35 pm AFT Singles LCQ 1
7:40 pm Intermission
7:50 pm AFT Singles Semi 1
7:55 pm AFT Singles Semi 2
8:00 pm Intermission
8:10 pm AFT Twins Semi 1
8:15 pm AFT Twins Semi 2
8:20 pm Intermission
8:40 pm AFT Singles Race 1 (15 Laps)
9:10 pm AFT Twins Race 1 (25 Laps)

As always there is free live streamimg on FansChoice.TV or via the American Flat Track Facebook page.

BTW, I wrote to Indian after that CW article to ask what plans they might have for a street tracker version. The bike looks pretty cool, and it would be nice if one could buy a relatively light, US made V-twin that didn't suffer from nearly nonexistent suspension travel, and pegs way the hell out in front. Their answer, "No plans."

Hun, Indian didn't build your street tracker but these guys did:
https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/miracle-mike-indian-scout-young-guns-speed-shop/

Young-Guns-Speed-Shop-Indian-Scout-08.jpg

Back