• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Thanks. That's a step in the right direction. At first I read the name as the "Miracle Mile", which makes a lot of sense given Indian's dominance this year, then I noticed that they named it after a male stripper.... :nchantr

I wish they made it look more like the FTR. In particularly, while I know that type of seat/tail section is fashionable, I don't like them, and would prefer a seat and fender that looked more like the miler. While I'm whinging about it, why not put 19's on it so that it looks proper? Oh, and I don't give a shit about nitrous. Enough motor to be competitive on a mile would be plenty of power to make it entertaining on a tight back road.

Other than that, good job. Now that I see where the actual shift shaft exits the cases, it appears that rear-sets or mid-sets are an option. The weight loss must make it much better too.

Nailbitter in the Twins main at OKC!

Tape up your keyboards, remotes and big screens; the Lima Half Mile is tonight. Best cushion racing on the schedule. Ten different lines through each corner and they are all the "the fast line".

FREE live streaming on FansChoice.TV

Heats start at 3:00pm Pacific time
Mains start at 6:00pm Pacific.

Don't know exactly when the Twins Dash for Cash is going to run but the winner gets $9,400 (you read that right) so don't miss the Dash.

Wish there was a way to record Fanschoice. Wedding anniversary, 39 years so taking the wife to an early dinner. Should be home for the mains.

Now that was the way to start a program! 4 laps for $9,400 Mees had it dialed in.

Wish there was a way to record Fanschoice. Wedding anniversary, 39 years so taking the wife to an early dinner. Should be home for the mains.

Now that was the way to start a program! 4 laps for $9,400 Mees had it dialed in.

ah, so you're texting from a stall in the mens room!

bon appetit

legendary rider Michelle DiSalvo, currently Bryar Bauman's Zanotti sidekick, scored major Fanschoice.tv time when her Salinas rider won his Twins semi astride a Bill Werner/Zanotti Kawi

Bauman spanked a very fast Brad "The Bullet" Baker & disappeared.....

on to the Main !

Last edited:
Zanotti has had a tough year so I'm thrilled to see Briar win a heat and a Semi. He's looking good for the main.

Hell yeah. Heat win, semi win and dominant main event win for Bauman on the Zanotti Kawi.

Watched the dash and left for Ribs at the Waterloo Club. Got home to watch the restart of the last semi and the mains. Good to see a new winner tonight. Also Mees handled his penalty with class. :thumbup

a pair of dis-similar, yet related releases:

Pegram joins Indian's "Wrecking Crew" for X Games

".....Pegram was motivated by the notion of riding this season’s most dominant race-bike.....He will wear Indian-branded leathers and pit alongside Mees during the event.

.....As both a veteran rider and long-time fan of flat track racing.....I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to ride alongside the new Wrecking Crew
....."

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news...-wrecking-crew-at-the-x-games-in-minneapolis/

=====================================

James Rispoli racing Flat Track at X Games

".....The invite came as a welcome surprise as Rispoli continued to use flattrack in the UK as a way to stay sharp, fit and ready for action for this road racing career. Rispoli is excited to be riding for Alan Rodenborn, Racing Unlimited Team on their custom framed Kawasaki 650 twin....."

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news...at-track-event-at-the-x-games-in-minneapolis/

It's finally available. A customer FTR750.

well, it's:

a complete bike [with optional F brake]
+
VIP treatment @ a track
+
a ride with 1 of The Crew

worth $50k?
dunno,but I predict an eventual sell-out

the real Q is how many of em will find their way back to the track, for realz

the real Q is how many of em will find their way back to the track, for realz

I wonder what the spares program looks like. A serious player would probably want to buy 2, plus spares. That's a lot buy-in compared to running a Kawasaki. Is the Indian enough better for a rider who's not already part of the wrecking crew to make it worthwhile? Does it give a first tier rider a shot at a mile or half mile podium?

I wonder what the spares program looks like. A serious player would probably want to buy 2, plus spares. That's a lot buy-in compared to running a Kawasaki. Is the Indian enough better for a rider who's not already part of the wrecking crew to make it worthwhile? Does it give a first tier rider a shot at a mile or half mile podium?

well, after building the 50 replicas, one might assume that Injun has both the capacity & intent to stock renewal parts - don't really know.....

RE: Scout vs. Kawi - unless paired with a truly top-drawer rider, an FTR-equipped team appears to make little economic sense. Hand-hewn motos [Halbert's Yamaha & Baer's KTM] aside, the surprisingly obsolete XR750s [& currently near-hopeless XGs] are about the only credible alternatives to going green

Thanks for the link Hun.

I'm guessing Kenny Coolbeth was ready to write a check to Indian and switch teams after his semi at Lima.

Sure like their poster. I do not think the person buying a $50K flat tracker will need a lesson on how to ride it.

indian-ftr750-public-offer-graphic-696x1218.jpg

I do not think the person buying a $50K flat tracker will need a lesson on how to ride it.

They are aiming at collectors too, so maybe....

Back