• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

last year's Indian rookie podium man gets [limited] support:

Richie Morris Racing & Johnny Lewis for select AFT 2018 races

".....Although Lewis hasn’t been racing American Flat Track full time since 2011, he is a Grand National race winner, and currently holds the record of putting seven different manufacturers into an American Flat Track Twins Main events.....

.....Johnny is a class act. He has as much natural talent as anyone in the paddock,” Morris said. “He has a very successful riding school and he is the complete package when it comes to riders
....."

https://mailchi.mp/24911248c8b3/richie-morris-racing-announces-2018-american-flat-track-team-1964553

Hope JL10 and RMR can find enough $$ for a full season. Seeing him show up and put that private Indian on the box was one of the highlights of last season. Lewis is a great supermoto rider and should do well at the TT.

Have to wonder what the "RMR Twin" is going to be?

Exactly three weeks from today until the AFT Daytona TT. Should be fun.

baker_wiles_insta_smack.jpg

Exactly three weeks from today until the AFT Daytona TT. Should be fun.

baker_wiles_insta_smack.jpg

wait - itz like wrestling!

thank Goodness that, truthful or staged, therez a openly contentious AFT rivalry

Those two also got into at Las Vegas a few years ago.

OK, still delayed - but it'll be a shorter delay.....

AFTz 2018 NBCSN TV deal includes weekend broadcasts

".....This season, AFT’s one-hour, tape-delayed telecasts will premiere on weekend afternoons on NBCSN, often directly following or preceding the network’s NASCAR, IndyCar, and Pro Motocross coverage.....

.....In addition to the 18 weekend premieres, NBCSN will provide a weekday re-air of each show before they will become available on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app. FansChoice.tv, a cornerstone of American Flat Track’s digital strategy, will continue to provide live streaming coverage of every round on the 2018 calendar....."

3/15 Daytona Beach, FL TT
3/25 broadcast 11:00 AM Pacific

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news...ith-nbcsn-to-include-weekend-broadcast-times/

Last edited:
Daytona TT is next Thursday.

Shayna Texter announced she will ride a factory-backed Husky 450 in the Singles class this season. Good for Shayna and good for the Singles class.

JD Beach is going to race the Daytona TT on a Yamaha. Bad news for the Indian crews as Beach is a damn good TT rider.

I saw the announcement for Shayna. Very cool!

Stoked to see JD racing..! :Port

I heard the track is going to be different than last year... good! It was not the best circuit layout.

Shayna is racing Singles again in 2018 but not for RMR. Her new team/sponsors have not been announced.

I am super excited about this!! :teeth

ShaynaFanChick

Shayna Texter announced she will ride a factory-backed Husky 450 in the Singles class this season. Good for Shayna and good for the Singles class.

Hah! I knew it!! :teeth
This makes me really happy! :party

WoodsChick

all the way from BSB, The Rocket rocks the Daytona TT:

".....The whole TT idea came about when I went to Valentino Rossi’s ranch. I wanted to get some practice while in Florida in the weeks after that, and Johnny Lewis at 10Training lent me his Husky. I rode a local short track and was reminded how much I miss flat track racing. It’s going to be sweet.”

Rispoli grew up racing flat track in America prior to making the switch to road racing
....."

http://www.americanflattrack.com/news/view/james-rispoli-joins-richie-morris-racing-2018-daytona-tt

Roughly 48 hours away from the first AFT mains of the season. I had lunch with friend a week ago who is a race promoter among other connections to moto racing. His words "Flat track is blowing up right now."

We've got road racers crossing over, some decent-sized sponsor deals for the series and several individual racers. We still have six factory Twins riders across two teams with the addition of several well-funded private teams. A bunch of those teams found money to nearly fill the grids with $50K FTR750s. The Singles class is deeper than ever with a former champ and some long-time pros including both Texters.

This is going to be a fun season.

So great to see the resurrection and events back in CA.
Loving it. :banana

Just wish it was on a main sports channel. :jaded

I thought that NBC Sports cable channel was on most cable systems.

Not the one that is carrying the racing. On Dish anyway. :(

Damn.

Upside is that with the tape delay only being two weeks rather than several months, the main events should be available for on demand viewing on FansChoice.tv after the NBC show airs.

FansChoiceTV on the Ipad, linked to Apple TV and 70 flat screen. :cool

I am ready for Thursday. :thumbup

Preview of the Singles class front runners at CycleWorld.com.

After significant restructuring, AFT has placed additional emphasis on both classes. Twins reaped those benefits first, and now the attention has turned to Singles. Besides fostering growth for up-and-coming riders, the class no longer seen as a consolation prize has even welcomed top names who can’t afford to contest Twins.

well, now that I'm done lamenting the "who-cares?" status of The Daytona 200, here's testimony RE: the current state of US pave' & dirt racing:

Champ racer switches from MA to AFT

".....there is very little opportunity right now even as a top-level roadracer in the US. Words can’t describe how frustrating it is to sit on the couch and watch other riders on TV you once battled with or beat. Only fellow racers can relate....."

https://www.cycleworld.com/champion-roadracer-switches-from-motoamerica-to-american-flat-track

Back