Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Heads up.

AFT has made a very poor decision to use Facebook as a platform for paid streaming this season. Facebook is the only streaming option. There are several reasons why Facebook is not a good idea for this but one of immediate concern is that scammers post false links to fake video streaming sites to in AFT Facebook threads. These scammers are after personal info including your credit cards. And they are relentless; posting repeatedly from several accounts. They even use AFT graphics to make the posts look legitimate.

DO NOT CLICK ON THESE SCAM LINKS. Example below.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 10.09.41 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 10.09.41 AM.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 4
Tonight's race moved to Saturday due to today's weather.

New plan is for Friday to continue as planned and then race again on Saturday night.

No streaming for me. :(

I won't Bookface anything really. So I am pooched.

Wait for it to show on TV.

Can't blame you. This decision to use Facebook is problematic on many levels.

Not a bad start to the season. Some good surprises on the podiums in all three classes.

AFT back in action tonight in Texas for a Half Mile race at Texas Motor Speedway. Weather should be a bit more friendly than it was at Volusia but anything can happen in Texas in the springtime. Opening ceremonies at 4:00pm Pacific followed by semis and mains for all classes.

Last edited:
Pretty rough night at the dirt track at Texas Motor Speedway for AFT. I can forgive some track prep issues when fighting rain but weather wasn't an issue and this track was a dusty mess with a groove no wider than a tire width...if that. Dangerous conditions that saw some scary crashes and injured racers. What a mess.

https://www.americanflattrack.com/news/view/lewis-goes-extra-mile-royal-enfield

Interesting article posted on the AFT website about Johnny Lewis and the development of the Royal Enfield race bike and team. Royal Enfield will enter their first AFT Mile race next weekend at Red Mile in Kentucky.

TL/DR version is that they have nearly doubled the hp output of the rather mild stock 650 Twin and increased rpm by 3,500. Just as significant are the continuing chassis updates to make the most of the increased power. Big steps in less than two years.

https://www.americanflattrack.com/news/view/lewis-goes-extra-mile-royal-enfield

Interesting article posted on the AFT website about Johnny Lewis and the development of the Royal Enfield race bike and team. Royal Enfield will enter their first AFT Mile race next weekend at Red Mile in Kentucky.

TL/DR version is that they have nearly doubled the hp output of the rather mild stock 650 Twin and increased rpm by 3,500. Just as significant are the continuing chassis updates to make the most of the increased power. Big steps in less than two years.

As an Enfield owner, this makes me very happy! :thumbup

FWIW, I am working on a plan to attend the Peoria TT in July. :party

That is good news. The Facebook streaming was a mess.

No shitty car track. No rain delays. Great night so far at the Red Mile. Main events coming up.

Best track of the year by far. FansChoice.tv work fine. And great racing, have to say the Super Twins delivered. Congrats to Dallas Daniels.

Dallas Daniels 5/28/2022 Red Mile:
- first rookie GNC win since 2007 (Mikey Rush, Daytona)
- first rookie GNC Mile win since 1979 (Parker @ Indy)
- first rookie 1st GNC win on a Mile since 1979 (Parker @ DuQuoin)
- first Yamaha GNC Mile win since 1975 (KR @ Indy on the TZ750)
- first Yamaha GNC Mile win with a twin since 1974 (Rick Hocking @ Albany on a GXS-1)

Best night of AFT racing in a long time. Lots of action everywhere and history made. Of all those stats, Daniels out-poker playing Mees on Mile for the kid's first premier class main event win was extra spectacular.

Rispoli getting the job done on the WBR KTM was great. There were two KTM Twins on the grid tonight. Have to wonder how many more we'll see by the end of the year. Thrilling Singles Main with with a lot of passing; all of it clean. Which brings me to...Mees dirty move on Beach in the Semi. That was a crash but JD's spectacular skills made the difference. And Beach's "answer" on the next lap was legendary.

I'm so excited for tomorrow. Three Mile tracks on the AFT schedule this year is not enough. I'm glad the three they have are quality tracks but it would be great to have more because there is nothing else in racing like a good Mile race.

Hey AFT fans. Semis starting soon on the beautiful cushion at Lima, Ohio.

So far the cushion is working. Dallas Danials just had a great race 1st over the two factory Indians.

Good ride from the Australian kid in the Singles Dash.

Good ride from the Australian kid in the Singles Dash.

The singles continue to be the best racing. Kody did not see the kid from Australia coming.

Dash win by Daniels was another last-turn surprise.

Lima is so fun to watch. I wish AFT raced there twice a season.

WEEEEEEeeeeedsport New York Short Track tonight.

Semis start at 4:15pm Pacific. The always fun Bultaco Astro Invitational is added to the regular program for this event.

Cameron Smith is replacing the injured Johnny Lewis on the factory Royal Enfield for Weedsport.

Can Kody Kopp make it three Singles victories in a row? Is Cory Texter headed for another Prod Twins championship? What surprise will Beach and Daniels's Yamahas spring on the Indians this week?

Back