Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Day 1 at Springfield. All of the Semis had hold-your-breath action. Production Twins main was very good. Rain putting the SuperTwins and Singles on hold.

Rain cancels the ST and Singles mains for today. Tomorrow will be a condensed program with an early start. Saturdays' postponed main events will run after Sunday's program. That a LOT of laps around the World's Fastest Mile tomorrow for teams and racers. Great for fans, though.

No semis tomorrow. Qualifying and main events only.

Full schedule, times are central time zone, take off two hours.
Qualifying starts at 8:00 AM Pacific
The first main event starts at 9:15 AM Pacific.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 6.54.21 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 6.54.21 PM.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 21
Double header for SuperTwins in Wisconsin tonight. New track for AFT puts them on what looks to be a 3/8 banked car track. I'm hoping for more but I expect a very narrow groove.

Double header for SuperTwins in Wisconsin tonight. New track for AFT puts them on what looks to be a 3/8 banked car track. I'm hoping for more but I expect a very narrow groove.

Yesterday rained out. Running today, Sunday 9-25-22. Schedule below. Times are Central time take two hours off for Pacific time.
attachment.php

Attachments

• aft.jpg
    aft.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 9
For anyone watching what goes around comes around. Mees lifted several riders off the grove, now he got lifted.

This race will be talked about for a long time. First time I have seen a rider put back that did not go down. But we now have Nasbike.

I think the real issue is these extremely slippery narrow groove tracks. These tracks guarantee contact and then AFT paints themselves into a corner where they have to make a ruling that is bad for everyone. On a decent track there might still be contact but it won't be all-or-nothing like on these slippery grooves.

I know AFT wants to reach new markets but if they only produce a substandard product for those new markets, whats the point?

Not too far off topic, I found out that Calistoga Fairgrounds may be locked up and abandoned.

I'm trying to reserve a spot this week, all phone #'s down, RV park reviews list it as permently closed.
I was last there end of Oct. '19, I have a small glimmer of rumor that it may have sold, or to be sold, back then?
Golf course was down to opening three days a week, (weekends) then, with some wind damage needing repair.
I'll be rolling thru there this weekend, 128 to Winters from Cloverdale, I have to see it.

Any insight?

Been there, took pix, doesn't look good.
https://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10933735&postcount=6177

Last edited:
Volusia, FL Half Mile Double Header to wrap up the season starts this afternoon Pacific time. Same schedule for tomorrow night.

The SuperTwins and Production Twins championships are still up in the air with 50 points on offer across the two nights.

Racing starts at 4:30pm Pacific.

Big first SuperTwins win for Jarod Vanderkooi last night. Can he do it again tonight? Championships are still on the line in both Twins classes.

Its the middle of October, when will AFT release the new Twins' rules package? First of never?

Semis happening now. Slightly wider groove than last night with the high line working for some. Hope it stays that way.

Overall a good night of racing. Did feel sorry for JD blowing up.

AFT released a provisional 2023 schedule a few months ago which still had some holes and question marks.

Today they released the official 2023 schedule. Now what about the 2023 Twins rules...

I'll be at the Sacramento Mile on May 13th. I'm hoping the stars align so I can make the Ventura Short Track on May 6 and the Castle Rock TT on August 12.

FmDQ33FWYAcw7A2

Ha, great minds think alike!

I've penciled those dates into my shiny new calendar, as well as MotoAmerica at Ridge and Laguna.

Back