• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Fun night of racing from Ventura with lots of action in the heats through the B.T.R., Hooligans, and Singles Mains. The track had been pretty racy right up until the Twins Main. Kicking myself for not going down there but too much on my plate.

I'm pumped for next weekend. Can't wait to see and hear everything live at both the AFT Sacramento Mile and the Sac Amateur and Vintage Mile. Trying to make to Lodi on Friday night also.

THREE count'em THREE glorious days of flat track racing on tap this weekend.

- Friday May 12: Night Before the Mile at Lodia Cycle Bowl

- Saturday May 13 AFT Sacramento Mile Cal Expo Fairgrounds

- Sunday May 14 Sacramento Amateur & Vintage Mile Cal Expo Fairgrounds

Had a good time at Lodi last night. Beautiful evening among the vineyards and low pipes. Headed over to CalExpo in a few hours for the Mile.

Did the trifecta:

Lodi Cycle Bowl on Friday night
AFT Sacramento Mile on Saturday night
Sacramento Amateur & Vintage Mile on Sunday

Had a blast. Got to talk with Jerry Stinchfield of Roof Systems just hanging out in the stands at Lodi. Very cool guy. Ran into a lot of friends and one of my favorite BARFers on Saturday at the Mile. Been attending the Sacramento Mile for 30 years and I still can't get enough of seeing the AFT Pros on the limit. Great show.

Soaked up the totally laid back feel of the Amateur Mile. Still smiling at seeing Wade Boyd's race his YZF DT R1 at the Amateur Mile. That bike ripping down the front straight was super cool.

Made for a great weekend. Got to get up to Auburn for Speedway soon.

Right on Map.

Just watched Ventura last night. Singles was awesome.
Twins was OK but how the track changed. :wow

A Mile National on Memorial Day weekend? Its not Springfield on Sunday afternoon but the Red Mile in Kentucky on Saturday night. I'll still take it. The Lexington track has a good surface and has delivered some memorable racing. (We still get two Springfield Miles on Labor Day weekend.)

Hoping Beach and Mees are in the same heat race. :laughing

All Times Pacific:
Heat Races start at 4:15pm
Main Events start at 5:45pm

Pretty fun night of Singles racing. Twins master class this evening.

DuQuoin Mile on Saturday. A cushion mile track crafted by the Flat Track Gods. Briar Bauman will be in uncaged animal mode. Every second will be spectacular to watch.

Wow. That Singles Main was one of the books. Great track makes for great racing.

Exciting Twins Main.

Time to start taping up the tanks and helmets for Lima.

Lima. Leema. Lighma. Call it what it want but don't miss this jewel of flat track racing this Saturday night. The deep pea gravel cushion provides changing lines in every lap, close racing all night long, and shredded leathers.

Heats start at 4:00pm Pacific
Mains start at 5:20pm Pacific

Attachments

• 288714223_5700545223312868_4133629845928090291_n.jpg
    288714223_5700545223312868_4133629845928090291_n.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Progressive-AFT-Mees-Robinson-Daniels_4TL5577-e1668798061965.jpg
    Progressive-AFT-Mees-Robinson-Daniels_4TL5577-e1668798061965.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 0
Counting the minutes until bikes are on track at Lima. In the meantime, I'll share this photo of the beautiful swingarm on Johnny Lewis' Royal Enfield.

RE_JL10_swingarm-X3.jpg

Marquez has nothing on Daniels when it comes to saves. Full lock slide, rear coming around and then almost a high side. Comes back and wins the heat.

Now I have to leave for dinner, hope I am back for the mains. 45th anniversary today, so going where the wife want to go. Life is good.

Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs.bikeama!

Got home in time to watch the last 5 minutes for the singles and ready for the twins now. For those who did not see Daniels save. FB link https://fb.watch/lnnbUTEojK/

Great mains. Love this track. Thrilled for Bauman. That save by Daniels in his heat race was spectacular.

Its that Half-Mile time of year.

Great racing at Mineral Wells, WV last week. Many of the teams did the Barbara Fritchie Classic in Maryland on July 4th. Time to round out the week for AFT teams as they visit the Orange County Half Mile in Middletown, New York state tomorrow night.

Heats start at 4:45pm Pacific
Mains start at 5:30pm Pacific

New track for AFT tomorrow night: The Bridgeport Speedway in Sweedsboro, NJ is close to Philadelphia so its not in the Tony Soprano part of NJ. :laughing Another Half Mile or should we start calling these Half Mees? Jared Mees has won every Half Mile this season with the exception of his self-promoted race at Lima.

The champ has taken over the points lead as we head into the season's home stretch; six races between now and September 3rd so its up to Dallas Daniels to find something on the remaining Half Miles, TTs and Springfield Mile doubleheader if he wants the crown this year. Daniels may get some help from the quickly improving Briar Bauman/KTM combo that could steal some points from Mees. And we never know when Brandon Robinson, Davis Fisher, Henry Wiles, or JD Beach will steal a victory. Plenty of reasons to follow the series of showdowns over the next six weeks.

Bridgeport Half Mile Schedule:

Heats start at 4:45 Pacific

Mains at 5:30 Pacific

Back