• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

I want to run a marathon. (The running thread)

I mix long runs at a slower pace with short runs at a faster pace for my training.

I am looking at running the Long Beach marathon later this year now, and maybe the Fresno marathon the month after. The Fresno one will be with a friend who is a newer runner so the pace should be much easier then the one I want to run at Long Beach.

went to Forward Motion today. They said the shoes im wearing are completely wrong for me. Picked up what they suggested. Now running much more support.

Think it will really make a differance?

I noticed a small difference between the two shoes I had that were the same type (Saucony and New Balance).

I started running minimalist last year and won't be going back to shoes. I look forward to going completed barefoot.

Rather than do an average of 7:40 for one mile I slowed my pace as suggested and ended up doing 3 miles in 25:42 with no problem. Was around a 9 minute mile almost the whole way which felt extremely slow, but 1.5 miles went so easily I told myself I was doing 3. Did the 2.75 and ran the last lap.

Felt great!

And did take 4 days off from jogging which may have helped out too.

doing bay 2 breakers for the first time , i'll be in corral F

can YOU ACTUALLY RUN THIS RACE? because it looks like one big cluster fuck where running would be impossible unless your in the front.

doing bay 2 breakers for the first time , i'll be in corral F

can YOU ACTUALLY RUN THIS RACE? because it looks like one big cluster fuck where running would be impossible unless your in the front.

im also got stuck in F.

it will be a cluster fuck

I got stuck 'driving' the route for the Hood to Coast run in Oregon last year. No signs at all saying what was going on or you were about to get into this huge mess. Was a few hours late getting to my destination and was pissed...

Did another 2 miles this evening, felt pretty easy at 16:14. Am backing off to only running 2-3 times a week instead of 3-5. Weighing in just under 210(ish) and still going down.

Went for time (Thursday) and did 2 miles in 15:31.

Last edited:
did a 10k trail run last weekend.

did it in a hour.

was not flat and all dirt.

5 more days til cluster fuck!

i actually want to run bay 2 breakers, so im thinking of not going since its just going to be a billion ppl walking, anyone whos done it before can confirm if you actually have room to run? with 55,000 ppl i doubt it?

that and none of my friends are into running so i'll be bymyself lol

i actually want to run bay 2 breakers, so im thinking of not going since its just going to be a billion ppl walking, anyone whos done it before can confirm if you actually have room to run? with 55,000 ppl i doubt it?

that and none of my friends are into running so i'll be bymyself lol

My plan is to walk until the top of hayes hill. That is 3 miles in. By then it will open up some. Going to run the last 4 miles to the finish. then go to a bar and dry out and have some drinks. The after party is going to suck if its rainning.

Not doing this one for time. just for fun a people watching.

Im only running with one other person. We are also in "F" you more than welcome to hang out with us.

im trying to find a bib thats a-c on CL some ppl are really trying to sell them for way to much, im just going to try and run from the start which will probably be impossible :/

im trying to find a bib thats a-c on CL some ppl are really trying to sell them for way to much, im just going to try and run from the start which will probably be impossible :/

saw a few b and c's for like 50.

Chance of rain just dropped to 30%

yeah just picked up a C tonight, had to pick up both (for 100) anyone interested in the other ? (45$)

Nowhere near half marathon shape, but did my fastest 2-mile run today in 14:56

I haven't been doing a lot of running lately, mostly just riding the bicycle to the gym and lifting weights. But there was a 5k in town with the starting line walking distance from my house, so it seemed silly to skip it. My fastest 5k to date, 23:29. My wife shaved her time from the low :50's (fast walking) to in the high :30's with some actual running.

Back