• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

I want to run a marathon. (The running thread)

was up to about 8 miles a few times a week. Getting some new pain. think I need to take a week off. Im kinda freaking out. Its below my calf. Hopefully not a stress fracture.

was up to about 8 miles a few times a week. Getting some new pain. think I need to take a week off. Im kinda freaking out. Its below my calf. Hopefully not a stress fracture.

Try doing short 3-5 mile runs during the week, and do your LSD (long slow distance) runs for the weekends.....increasing mileage by a mile or two each week.

I had that same type pain (below the calf and into my heel) and ended up having to take two weeks off. It was pretty hard getting back into the groove, but short easy runs helped for the two weeks following the break in my training.

Last edited:
Try doing short 3-5 mile runs during the week, and do your LSD (long slow distance) runs for the weekends.....increasing mileage by a mile or two each week.

I had that same type pain (below the calf and into my heel) and ended up having to take two weeks off. It was pretty hard getting back into the groove, but short easy runs helped for the two weeks following the break in my training.

:thumbup

axactly the plan. 5 to 6 miles every tuesday and thursday. long run on the weekend.

what do you think the pain was?

been riding the bike some, does not seem to bother it much

I think you are right. does i sill give you problems? Pain is slowly going away. Did a 2 mile walk today. Might start back up this weekend

Dusting off the running shoes this weekend, need to lose 20 lbs again :cry

you and me both sister. :laughing

I too have dusted them off, and damn does it feel good to get into a groove. even though it took me a better part of 2 miles to let my body cough, wheeze, kick and generally protest why we were even running. :laughing

but after that initial hump, man it's nice to get into that buzz.

you and me both sister. :laughing

I too have dusted them off, and damn does it feel good to get into a groove. even though it took me a better part of 2 miles to let my body cough, wheeze, kick and generally protest why we were even running. :laughing

but after that initial hump, man it's nice to get into that buzz.

Whenever you two girls are ready. Daddy is waiting to hold your hand back to physical fitness. Oh and I've quit smoking too.. :laughing

I think you are right. does i sill give you problems? Pain is slowly going away. Did a 2 mile walk today. Might start back up this weekend

It could also be IT band issues. I constantly have some issues one way or another but I do IT band stretches, you can find them on you tube, and they go away for awhile. Also try to ice it, see if that makes a difference.

Whenever you two girls are ready. Daddy is waiting to hold your hand back to physical fitness. Oh and I've quit smoking too.. :laughing

I dunno you skinny fuck. :laughing j/k yeah man. I'd like to sign up for a few short races in between getting back to running.

Signed up for the Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon in SJ on October 2.

Doing Hal Higdons 12 week training program and swimming/bjj for cross training. After a week Im feeling awesome and can't wait for the race.

Signed up for the Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon in SJ on October 2.

Doing Hal Higdons 12 week training program and swimming/bjj for cross training. After a week Im feeling awesome and can't wait for the race.

nice, also doing the rock and roll. just coming off a injury. going to start the same program today!

signing up for the Vegas night time marathon in December this year. back to running consistently, and agreed with chris, it feels awesome. need to begin swimming again, cause I got a score to settle with a sprint triathlon at Graeagle Lake. :laughing

(where I hope to never have to use the backstroke ever to make it out of the water)

Who is doing the rock and roll?

5 weeks to go. Im a little behind where I want to be. running 3 days a week, 6 miles. lots of cross training.

I am training for the Carlsbad full right now. I am avoiding any Rock n Roll events as long as they are going to continue operating the way they do.

Been hard keeping training up this week. It has been triple digits on the roof all week so far.

Doing 7 mile weekday runs. Going for 10 on the long run. Have a 10k race Sunday. Will back off some a few weeks before. I can do this

Back