If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Gixxergirl add me to the list please.

^^^^Got your PM, and got you on the list! Thank you for volunteering! :)

PM sent. I think this is a great idea and would love to help a fellow rider.

^^^ got you on the list, Dan, and thank you! Central Valley is a little thin, and I appreciate the coverage! :thumbup

How about this being a sticky? As well as front page tread? Just thinkin it shouldn't slip from the front page.

Connie,

You have my contact info.. Put me on the list!!!

Isn't much I can't fix..and if I can't I know who can.

Chad

Connie,

You have my contact info.. Put me on the list!!!

Isn't much I can't fix..and if I can't I know who can.

Chad

Chad, as you well know, you are my All Things Mechanical Knight in Oil-Smudged Armor!!!!! :love If it wasn't for you, the truck would not be running...
And I will put you on the list! :thumbup

most excellent idea and I'm feelin the love....
Please place me on the list too-I have a car and can always transport those who need a ride somewhere in Sacto!

pm sent and awaiting your reply!

Last edited:
^^^ Get me your number, Melissa, so I can get ahold of you, happy to put you on the list!

Great Idea Connie!!!

May I also suggest a couple additional "keepers" of the list in the event that you are out living life and not available?

This needs to be a sticky!

Echoing everybody's sentiments, this is indeed a noble cause, Connie.

Also, folks, you may have seen the BAM table at Alice's --between the restaurant patio and the gas station shack. BAM is free, and me being an incorrigible cheap, I signed up. I guess I didn't have anything to lose. Fortunately I have tried BAM, so I can't vouch for it. I'll let you know.

In a nutshell: "BAM's nationwide volunteer network of over 1 million motorcyclists can help you in an emergency. If you experience a breakdown or mechanical problems while on the road, call 1-800-4-BIKERS (1-800-424-5377), and we will computer search our volunteer network and send someone out to help." (http://www.russbrown.com/what-is-bam.html)

Shit happens. The best riders crash and the best bikes breakdown. Whereas I'm useless and worthless with mechanics and paramedics, please do ping me if you can use a hug, a blanket, company, a bad joke to kill time, O+ blood, a ride somewhere, a cup of coffee, etc. I live in South Beach, SF.

Otherwise, remember the best protective gear you have is your brain, please practice ATGATT, and ride long, hard and safe.

Marc.

Just as i was starting to lose faith in our cycling camraderie.

COOLEST THREAD EVAR!

Just wanted to say thank you to all the people who have volunteered to help a fellow BARFer in the event they have a really bad day... you guys are awesome! :love

Yay BARF!!

you can add me to the list:

oakland/east bay: have old datsun truck and homemade ramp, but they do the trick

josh

Last edited:
Josh, I put you on the list, but would you please delete your phone number from your post? Just for safety's sake! :) And thank you for volunteering!! :thumbup

I have a ramp, rack w/hitch on my montero sport and it would work for any bike under 400lbs. I live near redwood city. If you need more info. message me.

Back