• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

10/28/17 :(

xmlpF2Dl.jpg

10/29/17 :(

HVhDT5Al.jpg

11/5/17 :(

vqlMMykl.jpg

7Thx8ygl.jpg

11/19/17 :thumbup:teeth:thumbup:teeth

s5VY1wrl.jpg

sQ0yN3Ul.jpg

I went yesterday and today,Road not trashed yet from winter and the taco's at the junction tasted awesome!

Was it you who blew by me like I was standing still on Saturday, around noon, on Mines toward Livermore. I was on my Multistrada, yellow helmet. The rider wore dark grey Aerostitch and was motioning something with his left hand next to his (white) helmet.

Last edited:
Was it you who blew by me like I was standing still on Saturday, around noon, on Mines toward Livermore. I was on my Multistrada, yellow helmet. The rider wore dark grey Aerostitch and was motioning something with his left hand next to his (white) helmet.

I don't think so but if was a white BMW it was me.

Turkey Day morning was literally beautiful on Mines and up to the observatory. Yes turkeys abound, roads were great, a few dirty/ gravelly turns in the flats but nothing unusual. Leafy here and there on the way up but not in the turns, more autos then I expected and lots of motos and bicycles. Forgot to charge my batteries so no photos or video. The colors in the morning and the clouds were amazing. The view was really hazy over the valley from on top but was quite busy and crowded at the visitors center. Was so warm, by the time I got to the top, I had to strip my mesh jacket sleeve covers, all before 10:00.

About to head out for a quick ride on Mines. Anyone want to join? Probably around 11:15 or so? Shoot me a pm

damn. slowly startin to get green out there.

The Junction today.

There were a lot more bikes there a bit earlier but then it got real quiet :(

Hope the new owners make it $$$$

cmsnzS8h.jpg

Besides the water here there was lots of wet patches in the shady areas.

Be careful.

UPaq1NIh.jpg

Had to do Hamilton to Mines today to see what all the hype was about. I normally do Hamilton to Del Puerto and have only done Mines maybe once or twice. Mines is good especially the 2 lane sweepers close to Livermore. I still think i prefer Del Puerto though for the open stretches with high visibility you can really let loose on.

The front side of Hamilton, and mines were extremely clean for this time of year you could even push it. Much different from the pine needles, damp, ice patch ridden roads of the SC mountains this time of year. Also, if you have never done Kincaid off Hamilton i recommend it. It dead ends eventually but nice turns, smooth pavement, and no traffic.

HTtmxML.jpg

Ct4cK0u.jpg

auGIguU.jpg

Last edited:
Encountered 3 bambi’s Yesterday on mines, be on the look out

Yes. ^^^^^

I would say 10 out of my last 12 rides up Mines I have seen deer, today included. One very near miss about a month ago.

Beautiful conditions today. Wore freeze out and cooked when I go to The Junction. It must have been 10 degrees warmer there than Livermore.

O6PsSBih.jpg

jxeHZsjh.jpg

Anyone up for a weekday ride this week? Wednesday or Friday?
I like to ride in the dark, so after work is alright with me :)

Hamilton today was probably the cleanest I've ever seen it. Seems like there was 1/10 of the usual dirty spots, with just the occasional bunch of dry leaves blowing across the road instead. There were a few pge trucks working on the backside, though, and power was out at the Junction until tomorrow afternoon. They could still put on some hot water for us for tea, though. :D Also had to stop to help pick up a few parked bikes that the wind got to...

s'posed to be 29 degrees F at night, think there'll be ice tomorrow afternoon?

Back