• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

Heading up on Sunday for the last ride of '17.

Grant please post up the road conditions. Be good to know!

Have fun. :ride

Budman, I have never met you and would like the oportunity if we cross paths Sunday. SVJ and I will be up grabbing a burger Sunday. SVJ is no longer on an SV and Edzx6 is no longer on a ZX6. We will be on a BMW XR1000 and GSXS1000F.

Butch and I should be at the Junction between 12:15 and 12:30.

Catch you there if it works out!

Heading up on Sunday for the last ride of '17.

Grant please post up the road conditions. Be good to know!

Have fun. :ride

Road conditions are great. Better than average, but still has some dirty sections and loose gravel throughout.

More gravel/dirt in the southbound lane (Livermore to the Junction). Northbound mostly clear.

Hamilton is excellent from SJ to the top.

Hey Butch, I’m hoping to meet you for the first time
3 of us are riding out on Livermore side
2 on 1290 S/A’s and a Honder twin

Road conditions are great, as stated above but holy shit becareful with the suicidal wildlife. I clipped a bird, almost destroyed 2 quail and 1 deer.

Ride safe everyone

Animals!!!
In 50yrs of riding
1 dog
5 squirrels
3 deer
1 bird
All full contact and never causing me DNA transfer to asphalt
4 of the squirrels dead
1 deer dead on Montana HWY
And the bird didn’t make it unless he flys mono wing

Heading up Hamilton now. Maybe come across you guys on the road! :ride

Damn nature! Maybe I'll go for a short run in the 914...

Hey Butch, I’m hoping to meet you for the first time
3 of us are riding out on Livermore side
2 on 1290 S/A’s and a Honder twin

I’ll be in my Kenny Roberts outfit...

Budman, I have never met you and would like the oportunity if we cross paths Sunday. SVJ and I will be up grabbing a burger Sunday. SVJ is no longer on an SV and Edzx6 is no longer on a ZX6. We will be on a BMW XR1000 and GSXS1000F.

Good to meet you Ed and a couple other barfers. Dave, Jeff, Joe and see you again Danny. What a glorious day. No traffic, very few bicycles, amazing road conditions and about 70 degrees at the Junction.

Great riding with you Butch and SLO!!!

A little piece of heaven found on the last day of the year.

Screaming happy!! WOOT!! :Port

Attachments

• 378E7712-DF22-4314-ABFB-CF3C790BAD57.jpg
    378E7712-DF22-4314-ABFB-CF3C790BAD57.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 73
My goodness that was lovely. Great patrons at the Junction, you crazy biker dudes. It appeared many had some affiliation with this club. Dare I say this website is a club? Yes! AMA #0001!

Hazwaste, I would to hear more of your stories...
We live like kings.

Nice meeting you also Butch.

Livermore side was nice and clean. Great day for riding the best road in The Bay.

I have noticed that certain areas of Hamilton have gotten bumpier. I mean, crash your nads into the tank bumpy ...... I find myself not making the effort going up to the Observatory these days, only to sticking to the lower portion of Hamilton, from Quimby. OTOH, I do still enjoy Mines up to the Observatory, then down Hamilton. But really sucks that Calaveras is still closed (Alameda side) :mad

I have noticed that certain areas of Hamilton have gotten bumpier. I mean, crash your nads into the tank bumpy ...... I find myself not making the effort going up to the Observatory these days, only to sticking to the lower portion of Hamilton, from Quimby. OTOH, I do still enjoy Mines up to the Observatory, then down Hamilton. But really sucks that Calaveras is still closed (Alameda side) :mad

There are some good bumps and holes, thanks to last year's rains. If you go often enough you can learn where they are.

Good to meet you Ed and a couple other barfers. Dave, Jeff, Joe and see you again Danny. What a glorious day. Not traffic, very few bicycles, amazing road conditions and about 70 degrees at the Junction.

Great riding with you Butch and SLO!!!

A little piece of heaven found on the last day of the year.

Screaming happy!! WOOT!! :Port

Great to meet you Budman. Finally got to put a face with the person who does all this work for the motorcycle community. Happy riding

Who knows what winter will bring.

Possibly a year rounder on Hammie. Possible, but not likely. Damn it was nice without 10-100 bicycles. :teeth

Back