• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

Did Livermore (Mines Rd) through Mount Hamilton for the first time today (Sunday) around 8a-10a. Wow. Just goes on forever. Got out early and the roads were warm and empty. Amazing route. Looking forward to heading back. Just wish it was closer (i live in SF). I usually hit Alices/84 on Sunday mornings but now i know if i want a long ride Mines is the way to go.

Did Livermore (Mines Rd) through Mount Hamilton for the first time today (Sunday) around 8a-10a. Wow. Just goes on forever. Got out early and the roads were warm and empty. Amazing route. Looking forward to heading back. Just wish it was closer (i live in SF). I usually hit Alices/84 on Sunday mornings but now i know if i want a long ride Mines is the way to go.

Good deal.... Mines is a Jewel.
did you visit the junction?:ride

Good deal.... Mines is a Jewel.
did you visit the junction?:ride

I did however I was there around 930a and they were closed. I guess they don’t open until 11. Almost went back through just to visit Junction but I hadn’t anticipated just how long SF + Mines + Hamilton would be and wasn’t sure if I could keep my focus doing it all over again. Also, I try and get out earlier in the mornings to avoid traffic. There were a lot of bicyclists and wasn’t sure how the traffic flow would be on the way back through.

Next time though, I’ll definitely be ready for a longer ride and a stop at he Junction.

Cool telemetry what is that you are using?

SVJ and I rode up through Livermore and it was a hot but good ride.

Ran into Ken on that ultra sweet blue RZ500 at the Junction.

That is by far the coolest bike on the planet. IMHO

Cool stuff D!
looks like a fun ride..! :party

Love the telemetry too.

Where is your camera mounted?? We thought about doing mines yesterday after coming up the west side and decided it was too hot to wonder home through Livermore. We were on a time schedule so turning around and coming back was not in the plan.

Road looks in good shape.

Rear camera is mounted on rear luggage rack and front side of helmet, Using Sony software .

From Livermore to Lick Observitory, roads are rippin good condition this morning, dirt and gravel @ mile markers 9.75 & 13.2, mind the critters, bobcat, fox, deer, turkeys, duct under a partridge headed straight into my face shield and @ 20 cars in a row from a car club headed up on my way out, before that I almost had the roads to myself.

Got lost on the way to the grocery store this morning. For having two too many wheels, it was still a lot of fun. Saw newbee and someone else on the way down.

va9niyG.jpg

Last edited:
Even for a race weekend, there were not many people out there...
From Livermore to Lick Observitory, roads are rippin good condition this morning, dirt and gravel @ mile markers 9.75 & 13.2, mind the critters, bobcat, fox, deer, turkeys, duct under a partridge headed straight into my face shield and @ 20 cars in a row from a car club headed up on my way out, before that I almost had the roads to myself.

what is that car without a face?
I tarded Hamilton to Grant Ranch and back at a boot one. It was lovely.

I read about this yesterday, sounds like it was the bad combination of youth and inexperience.
Roads are no substitute for a race track.
Sad that a young man lost his life doing the wrong thing.
I used to see this all the time when living on the other side of the Altamont Pass.

I'd expect some LEO presence out there over the next few weeks, at least until temps cool off and traffic dies down.

Back