• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

I have been told that they defficate on the side of the road.
I have heard they block traffic by refusing to yield to faster vehicles.

Wait, are you talking about the locals or the cyclists?
Locals poop in the weeds too :laughing

:rofl

Hows the condition mines to henry coe park fellas? Ill be there tomorrow

Mines does not go to Coe. Maybe Grant Ranch, eh?
I'll ride Hamilton to the top and back down tomorrow. I did half of it today. i almost had forgotton how to ride a tard.

I like 'spandex squirrels' better. Captures their attitude perfectly. I have been lucky enough not to run into any when on Mines or Hamilton but the climb to Lick from SJ would be the worst given that is where i have seen cars blowing the double yellow the worst. They should just stay in Marin and the Peninsula where their tax bracket hangs.

I like to chase the spandex squirrels on the downhill section, they can really haul on the downhill.

I have followed a lot of cars particularly SUVs where they are constantly crossing the double yellow. They have no idea and no business driving on that road. Then there's always the people who go really slow and refuse to yield.

Bicyclist?

Give em room. Vent your frustration when it happens without being a dick. They are just living like a king chasing a good time too.

Share the road and pass them like a boss when appropriate.

I never seem to see any wildlife when I am there on weekends. Looks like they don't venture out on weekends..
You have to start out earlier in the day. If you're the first one through in the morning at, like, 7:30, you'll see dozens of those "kamikaze squirrels" trying to get back across the road right before you get to them, then suddenly deciding to go back the other way right as you get there. Once a dozen vehicles have passed through it all pretty much settles down.

Be sure to come in from the Livermore side to see more wildlife.

Bicyclist?

Give em room. Vent your frustration when it happens without being a dick. They are just living like a king chasing a good time too.

Thank you for saying this

Pretty clear this morning, long views from the observatory, a little cool. Roads are great from livermore to the top. 5 turkeys, 1 deer and 1 cow, mind your sight lines.

Doh, a bobcat and another cow on the way down. Different cow, different color, it’s a cow conspiracy to slow us down.

Bicyclist?

THIS! :thumbup

Many of us are both and certainly all the fastest racers are :teeth :ride

Coming back to Livermore today maybe 1 or 1:30 I came upon a serious looking MC crash in the speedy esses area where the two horses always are. Rider was being tended to in the road. Several bikes and 2 or 3 cars were stopped. There were 5 emergency vehicles going up as I was going toward Livermore.

Wishing the best for the rider.

Anyone have any info on the status of the rider???

And todays cow in the road

IO5oZb8h.jpg

I passed through a little before that, so missed the down rider. The road is perfect, very little gravel, pavement is smooth and dry. Best I've seen on Mines and Hamilton.

That cow is respecting the fog line.

Hope the rider is OK.

Was a great day indeed

Saw you going the other way, this was us earlier in the day.

0856fb1d28c2d086eb90cb27615c732a_p.jpg

Rider down on Sat is ok, broken arm and hopefully some lessons learned.

Last edited:
I've always ridden Mines from Livermore to the junction and never made it to Mt Hamilton. How to the side compare?

Back