• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

Rode to the Junction from Livermore yesterday, clean corners all the way. Two small water crossings at miles 17 and 19 but they’re on straights and easy to see when approaching them.

sadly, one suicide squirrel lost his life under the back wheel of the car in front of me on tesla, just before the turn off to mines

burgers were tasty, Junction was hopping, mid afternoon

ride up and back drama free

I went up yesterday and had a dog charge me and when I stopped to keep from hitting it he decided he was hungry and my skinny ass chicken legs looked like a good meal. I was able to kick him way and get back in gear and take off.

The road was as terrible as ever, but no worse either. Only did the SJ side

Took a brisk ride up yesterday with SVJ and that big ass bull was on the side of the road on the way back. Scares the hell out of me. If that beast goes into the road and you connect with him, I dont think he would even notice.

You mean this one??? (from Sunday)

NDaBbxWh.jpg

And just for fun

7nx2RSfh.jpg

QM66lagh.jpg

Ken, I think that is him. When we went by he was standing and closer to the road. I dont think the picture does justice to how big I remember him :)

I was visiting East Bay from Chico. Decided to take a detour to my old stomping grounds Mines/Mt Hamilton/Del Puerto before seeing family.

I took my new toy up there to see how she handled. I was really impressed with how she ate up the corners and the bumpy roads. Did a total of 450 miles round trip.

Mines was Mines, same water crossings, same gravel if you know the roads, it wont be a surprise This is a perspective of someone that have not ridden Mines/Del Puerto in about 3 years.

Mt Hamilton, some road work by the bridge before observatory. Nothing that would merit any concerns.

Met up with some riders that haven't seen in years. Stopped off at Junction to see that it has changed inside. Outside still same old Junction. Didn't see anyone that I knew on the ride up to Hamilton. On the way back I met "newbee" glad to see your still riding and carrying on the tradition.

Surprised a few riders on Sportbikes that thought I should stay behind them on my big ole BMW with full luggage. I met a few of the guys I passed at end of Mines (Livermore side) to apologize if I scared them passing in a corner. They were cool and enjoyed seeing an adventure bike ridden like a Supermoto leg out. .

Damn, i had forgotten how sweet and fun that road is. You guys don't realize what a gem you have ,Mines/Del Puerto/Hamilton that still allows for spirited hardcore riding, without having to worry about LEO once in the canyons. Only thing I miss about living in the east bay.

Ohh glad to see that there are still plenty of douche bag bicycle riders that think they own the corners holding hands with their boyfriends side by side. Gotta love em. I actually did enjoy seeing them flail theirs arms telling me to slow down :) while they are speeding around a corner as fast s they could. Ohh the irony.

See ya next time Mines/Del Puerto/Mt Hamilton.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
It was good seeing you. It has been a whiiiiiiiiiiiiile....
I was visiting East Bay from Chico. Decided to take a detour to my old stomping grounds Mines/Mt Hamilton/Del Puerto before seeing family.

I took my new toy up there to see how she handled. I was really impressed with how she ate up the corners and the bumpy roads. Did a total of 450 miles round trip.

Mines was Mines, same water crossings, same gravel if you know the roads, it wont be a surprise This is a perspective of someone that have not ridden Mines/Del Puerto in about 3 years.

Mt Hamilton, some road work by the bridge before observatory. Nothing that would merit any concerns.

Met up with some riders that haven't seen in years. Stopped off at Junction to see that it has changed inside. Outside still same old Junction. Didn't see anyone that I knew on the ride up to Hamilton. On the way back I met "newbee" glad to see your still riding and carrying on the tradition.

Surprised a few riders on Sportbikes that thought I should stay behind them on my big ole BMW with full luggage. I met a few of the guys I passed at end of Mines (Livermore side) to apologize if I scared them passing in a corner. They were cool and enjoyed seeing an adventure bike ridden like a Supermoto leg out. .

Damn, i had forgotten how sweet and fun that road is. You guys don't realize what a gem you have ,Mines/Del Puerto/Hamilton that still allows for spirited hardcore riding, without having to worry about LEO once in the canyons. Only thing I miss about living in the east bay.

Ohh glad to see that there are still plenty of douche bag bicycle riders that think they own the corners holding hands with their boyfriends side by side. Gotta love em. I actually did enjoy seeing them flail theirs arms telling me to slow down :) while they are speeding around a corner as fast s they could. Ohh the irony.

See ya next time Mines/Del Puerto/Mt Hamilton.

Mt Hamilton rd closed? I thought it was single lane at the job site. Good that I didn't go up there yesterday. Mines had couple of water crossings, some gravel. Slid a bit a few times (front tire is bald) - nothing unusual.

Junction is sprawling with new owners and renovation.

The signs say the road is open after 4pm Mon-Sat, and open all day on Sundays.

No problem going thru yesterday (Sunday).

Rode from Livermore to The Junction after work today.
Temp were low 60s on Mines.
No dramas though. Still 2 water crossing and of course gravel.
Thought some of you were gonna go out there and sweep that shit up :laughing

7q8NGH3l.jpg

Turn 10 was my nemesis few years back on my Daytona. That thing always has gravel. Every time I go through I think I should have got a broom :rofl

In the past, I've filed half dozen service requests with Alameda County to have them clean up the excessive gravel on Mines (mile marker 7 - 18). I just tried to file another request, but it keep giving some not-very-useful messages when I try to submit the case. I even went back and looked at my old closed cases and used the same exact values in each field, but still no luck.

Has anyone recently used this portal successfully?

https://maintstar.acgov.org/WorkRequest/Request/Request.aspx

Paging brmstk :laughing

Back