• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

today it was damp most places, wet some places, dirty some places

perfect for a supermoto

Yesterday was not too bad for two days after a storm. Two streams had to be crossed but they we're "puddle" deep and if you had no concern of making you and your bike dirty, WOT would have been fine. Junction was hopping with a good mix of cyclists and motorcyclists which is good to see. I want them to stay in business. They're keeping their regular hours now. There is a Mines Rd. northbound left corner around mile marker 10 or low tweens where there is some gravel in the perfect place to really ruin someone's day. Patterson was fairly wet. Calaveras was damp in the trees but goddam that road will rip when it becomes dry out.

Seeing that a lot of us also ride Redwood Rd, anyone know the road conditions?

Perhaps you should start a “Redwood Road, the Official Thread” thread.
For me, Redwood is just a little too far from my backyard.

Perhaps you should start a “Redwood Road, the Official Thread” thread.
For me, Redwood is just a little too far from my backyard.

I thought there was already one going around but all I found was the one from last year about it being closed.
Maybe I will start one...

I was out there 2 weeks ago. Redwood was surprisingly clean. Very light traffic if you're out early. The usual slime around Pinehurst. A few damp patches. Not ready for Lap pace but pretty good.:thumbup

Mad

There is a Mines Rd. northbound left corner around mile marker 10 or low tweens where there is some gravel in the perfect place to really ruin someone's day. Patterson was fairly wet. Calaveras was damp in the trees but goddam that road will rip when it becomes dry out.

Ah yeah... I think I know which turn you mean(I was hoping by now it will clear up, I was there right after storm). Going to check tomorrow, want to make a loop through Calavares (didn't know they opened it)

Took the WR to The Junction today and grabbed a burger. It was pretty crowded, good to see this time of year.

Road conditions are better than I thought. Typical patches of dirt here and there but nothing major. Whatever dirt there is it's pretty visible and avoidable. 2 streams of water at the usual locations, nothing major.

Just got home from Hamilton/Mines, including lunch at the Junction.

There were a couple locations where there were rocks entirely blocking one lane.

There were a couple locations where there were trees entirely blocking one lane.

There were several locations where there were puddles all the way across one lane.

The bigger of the two water crossings was pretty good.

9kcJb97.jpg

oh, and it was 38 and raining on Hamilton... didn't expect it to be quite *that* cold

By the time I left the Junction at 1, there had still only been one other customer since they opened.

oh, and it was 38 and raining on Hamilton... didn't expect it to be quite *that* cold
Ha, that's going to be our HIGH this week. I'm still gong to get out at least once.

You guys need to appreciate the great winter riding that you have.

38 and raining feels significantly colder than mid 20s and dry

I've ridden in the high teens

38 and raining sounds miserable to me =P that's some adventure weather for sure =P

Wow is that road washed out at the end there?

This was Lick Observatory couple days ago
0207191509c_HDR-XL.jpg

No, not washed out. The dark area is just a reflection. There's normally a water crossing but not often that deep.

Looked to be quite a bit of snow up there today.

Yesterday (Sunday 2/10/2019) on Mines Rd:

[YOUTUBE]_J-SkO81PuI[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Wow your Innovv camera actually works, mine crapped out after less than a week three times :laughing

lol I know right!?

This is their new K2 system which seems pretty nice but I've been having trouble with their stupid wifi set up and connecting to my iPhone. If I use an iPad it works fine. Ugh.

Still, there doesn't seem to be another system out there that is competitive and has the features I want.

the one on my NC has dirt behind the lens

gonna have to see if I can somehow fix that without buying a new one

Back