• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

:rofl

Hey guys any good sites to pick up song tabs that are accurate/good and free?

Nope. I just googled the songs I liked, played them in my headphones and made my won :( They have programs you can download that have downloadable tabalature that you can edit and print. I don't remember what its called tho.

So who's going? :thumbup I'm buying tickets asap !!

Rise Against
Thrice
Alkaline Trio
The Gaslight Anthem

11-07-2008 19:00 @ San Jose State Univ.

Nope. I just googled the songs I liked, played them in my headphones and made my won :( They have programs you can download that have downloadable tabalature that you can edit and print. I don't remember what its called tho.

I mainly learn by ear, but use tabs for the difficult passages. :)

So who's going? :thumbup I'm buying tickets asap !!

Rise Against
Thrice
Alkaline Trio
The Gaslight Anthem

11-07-2008 19:00 @ San Jose State Univ.

buy me a ticket and I'll go :teeth
I haven't seen Thrice since they played with Thursday at the Warfield.

yea, the previous vid had the same type distortion. for this one the cameraman had his thumb over the mic the whole time... you should try this! it works!

I dig how active you are on stage. I gotta do the same. Is that something you always do ? or rehearse it sometimes then apply it onstage?

Wow, can't believe I never even thought of doing that lol.

I also played with these guys for a while :
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=468156

The easiest way to develop stage presence is to literally, not give a fawk :thumbup Don't worry about how dumb you think you look. Don't worry about what you think would be kool to do at certain parts. Learn to jump and strum, (takes practice) and what we used to do is practice with the lights off and turn the strobe on. (Makes every movement look awesome) Then turn the lights on and close your eyes and go nuts. When you get on stage in front of people, just imagine them not being there. Just go NUTS !! They'll eventually absorb your energy and have no choice but to move with you. Then you can feed off them and do your thing.

that's some great advice! I'll give it a whirl (literally)!

:thumbup After you get comfortable "going nuts". Then you can (as ghey as it might sound) choreograph a few moves. I used to jump and scream at certain parts. I used to throw my bass behind my back and just get in the crowds faces and let them sing the song. At parts where you know a splash cymbal is needed ; jump on the kick drum and kick the splash cymbal if you can. Just fun stuff like that.

that was a clean vid! If I were to make one I'd definitely that route. Straight up and to the point.

Is that you on bass or just one of the songs you play'd while you were with them?

damn! I thought that the song on my vid had a lot of changes! that was some serious melodic harmonies. I could never really get into those kinda vox tho.

That was the bassist before me, I took his spot. Yea... the music was a little harder than I was used to, but it was extremely fun to play and the crowds went insane :thumbup

Back