• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

hugz.jpg

:rofl

I roffl'd my waffle.

i came across this band Parkway Drive album Horizons so fair i like it. its metalcore you might like it Volcomism..

Parkway Drive was kool, sounds alot like Still Remains. Gotta listen too more of it to give it a honest opinion tho ;) ty

Found out yesterday that my favorite music store, Downtown Music, in Martinez closed. Poor Dave. He's a terrific guitar player.

i have a grudge against ITunes for wiping out Tower Records Stores. It Makes me sad myself to see any music store close there doors.:thumbdown

we cant KILL this tread yet!...... who has new albums out?

anyone pick up death magnetic?

if so what do you think of it?

lemme guess, better than St. Anger but still they shoulda called it after ...And justice!

lemme guess, better than St. Anger but still they shoulda called it after ...And justice!

any time a band try's to renew them-selfs it turns in to ruines... especially 20 years later... its gonna be better than St. Anger because none of them knew what the F*ck Drop B tuning is... it was a pretty poor attempt at trying to stay current. Hints why they want to "reinvent" them-selfs again.

PS- one of bay area's fines made a new album. All Shall Perish ( Awaken the Dreamers ) Volcomism, once again you might dig it. -Whenever there reviews say they hate it. i know its gonna be good!- :thumbup

at first I thought it was crap, but after hearing it a couple more times I like it a bit more. Some riffs are really good, but I don't really like the rhythm guitar tone. To me it sounds sloppy kind of how it sounds when you have loose strings and you are getting fret buzz. Mixed in with the scooped mids it sounds slightly muddy.

The thing that kills the album though is james' singing, I wasn't digging his tone of voice, sounds like he is trying to sing speed melody.

any time a band try's to renew them-selfs it turns in to ruines... especially 20 years later... its gonna be better than St. Anger because none of them knew what the F*ck Drop B tuning is... it was a pretty poor attempt at trying to stay current. Hints why they want to "reinvent" them-selfs again.

PS- one of bay area's fines made a new album. All Shall Perish ( Awaken the Dreamers ) Volcomism, once again you might dig it. -Whenever there reviews say they hate it. i know its gonna be good!- :thumbup

I went on youtube and listened to the album you mentioned, not really digging it:thumbdown. I'm a metal head myself but I just can't get myself to like modern metal. I am not a fan of cookie monster grunts and low tuning.

Tone wise I am stuck in the 80s, I love the sound of marshall distortion with mids

I'm a metal head myself but I just can't get myself to like modern metal. I am not a fan of cookie monster grunts and low tuning.

Tone wise I am stuck in the 80s, I love the sound of marshall distortion with mids

:thumbup word to that. If by low you mean that drop-b shit. I love the tone of early Pantera as well, but nothing compares to the overdriven Marshall stack. I have been digging on He Is Legend lately though. They actually have a groove to them.

Last edited:
:thumbup word to that. If by low you mean that drop-b shit. I love the tone of early Pantera as well, but nothing compares to the overdriven Marshall stack. I have been digging on He Is Legend lately though. They actually have a groove to them.

My music collection consists mostly of 80s thrash metal, I'm still looking around for more modern metal but it is hard to find bands that don't have cookie monster on lead vocals or tune their guitars 2 steps down. I like black label society, I don't even know if that counts:rofl

I'm a metal head myself but I just can't get myself to like modern metal. I am not a fan of cookie monster grunts and low tuning.

What bugs the hell out of me is all that nu-metal scooped mids shit. :thumbdown

Yea, I don't like a lot of modern metal either, but you might want to investigate Disturbed, if you haven't already...they change their sound/studio styling and how they produce on almost every album so you get a little something different every time. The only band that I think ever did drop B tuning well was Korn. Other than that...not a fan.

And though I was only in them for a bit, tone wise, I'm with you, manny, stuck in the 80s.

I liked the beginning of "Awaken the Dreamers", and I really like the guitar harmonies; but I dunno if I could go through a whole album of it ;)

Favorite Metal Band = At The Gates :thumbup give them a listen.

Back