• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

Imagine how bass players feel tho!

Heaviest bass I've played was my Warwick Thumb 6-String. That thing felt massive :( I couldn't play it at shows cause my stage presence sucked with it lol. So I kept my SR406 and it does the job. But I miss my fretless *sigh :cry

Warwicks are super nice. My bass player has a 12 string bass and it weighs over 12 pounds!

If you want fretless I have a yamaha 4 string i'll sell you cheap.

who would be interested on a boss metal zone pedal?..and a digitech grunge pedal?..

Last edited:
I don't have anything that records but I'll gladly show up with equipment. :thumbup

ill try to dig my shit out of storage if something is assembled, im rusty but i know i can pick myself back up in a week. i do play but its with head phone setup, sence i have no place to go...:thumbup

I'm thinking changing the stock pickups on my explorer copy.
IMG_0280.jpg

I'm thinking of going with seymour duncan pickups. A JB in the the bridge and a jazz on the neck.

Any other suggestions?

I play early metal rhythm. The tone I like is with the bass cut slightly, mids boosted, and treble on 12 o'clock, with mild gain setting, usually at 12 o'clock.
I also play a good amount of clean with chorus and reverb on the neck pickup.

My current neck pickup sounds muddy, it lacks clarity for cleans.

EMG 81 Bridge/85 Neck FTW!

Now that some trading/selling is going on this thread I'll throw mine in.

I have a 5 month old Toshiba 42 inch HDTV 1080P lcd that I'm willing to trade for a tube marshall stack I'm looking for a JCM or JVM series except the jcm 900.

42XV540U2.jpg

I had EMG 85s on a les paul and it lacked clarity, it was too harsh and dark, it lacked clarity.

EMG active pup's sound a little sterile and can push a good signal though longer cables without degradation. Some like 'em, some don't, it's up to you and your ear. :thumbup

Heh. I recently returned to riding a motorbike and found BARF and this sorry thread :rolleyes. I'm a longtime hobby musician. I've been tinkling the ivories for nigh on 38 years. Influenced mainly by jazz-rock/jazz-funk and ye olde tyme blues/ragtime/boogie/stride, some jazz, and a lot of prog rock. I gave up trying to play with other musos freekin years ago. 'kin guitarists :twofinger never do what you want and can't stay off the bloody volume control. Drummers aren't much better....

I have an awsome set of keys, including a restored 1947 Hammond BV with Leslie (not in my studio, which is upstairs - you ever tried hauling a BV upstairs?). Also, got several gits and a bass, but I'm not good on any of those....still trying to learn. Oh, and just to piss y'all off even more, I have me a set of Roland V-Drums (top-of-the-line) that I'm trying to learn to play.....

These days, I play with myself (who doesn't?) and record smooth/funk-jazz chit in my awesome home studio which is in one of my spare bedrooms:

The pictures/studio description etc. on my music website is all way out of date now. I should update it. I have more stuff, including some Yamaha monitors that blow the Mackies away. I recently changed from using Cubase to Logic.

Also, I've done woodworking as a hobby for eons. In the past year or so, I have taught myself how to make steel string acoustic guitars. I'm going to do this more seriously (full time?) when I "retire" in a few years....check out Cambrian Guitars. :teeth

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:
I'm sorry you find this a sorry thread. I'm also sorry I can't read alot of the text on your website. I'm sorry but I don't care for smooth jazz. I'm sorry but I don't stream music to my Mac anymore since an Apple download of the CD got jammed during the song "Money."

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was "the sorry thread," but I was absolutely wrong. Sorry.

"Please accept my apologies. . . "
:laughing

BTW: I' learning to play a Buffet R-13 Bb Clarinet and sing. (Lyric Tenor)
I play some percussion from castenets to chimes for fun.

Last edited:
I'm hoping his entire post was sarcastic. Didn't think anyone could be that dick-headed. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say:

"Nice Setup :thumbup, but you'd be suprised what us "musos" can do. Never underestimate your fellow man. If you'd like to jam a bit, I'd love to see what you got. Care to share some studio time?"

Lets give him a chance to explain his post Hooli ;) Unfortunately I've only been into music production since I was 8, so he shits on my experience by 23 years. But if he's just being retarded and actually acting big-headed about it. I'd love to compare his "sorry" riding skills, since he's looking to get on his first group ride : :laughing

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4467763&postcount=3

C'mon guys! You don't flip it over to 103.7 every once and a while? I grew up with parents that listened to smooth jazz. I love the stuff! When I was working graveyards at my old job, I would have that on all night. :)

Back