• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

any of you guys have some experience with carvin or laney amps? I want a hot rodded jcm 800 sound without the marshall price tag.

I'm looking for a new amp head and am considering an 80s carvin x100b
carvin.jpg

or a laney aor pro tube series
laney.jpg

Has anyone else noticed that Best Buy has a "mini Guitar Center" in them now? At least the one in Dublin does. Saves me a trip to Concord or San Jose for goodies. SWEET! :D

Yep. :thumbup

They carry most of the big names that you see in Guitar Center. Everything from guitars to drums to keyboards to recording and DJ equipment. It's pretty damn awesome. :D

Sorry for the crummy camera phone pics...

236388687493.jpg

236388819973.jpg

that's cool:thumbup The bestbuy in Modesto only carries shitty squire starcaster guitars and cheapo 5 watt amps

that's cool:thumbup The bestbuy in Modesto only carries shitty squire starcaster guitars and cheapo 5 watt amps

The guys working this part of the store told me that not all Best Buy's will get this addition. Lucky for me the one here in Dublin is a cash cow. :laughing

Same non-negotiable high prices? :laughing

Who buys guitars or amps from guitar center?:laughing Only thing I ever buy from there are strings

most of my gear purchases are from craigslist or ebay. I only look at the amps and test them if I plan on buying one from ebay and I want to play it before I decide to buy it. Even then I can't stand being in the store for too long, all the kids and their horrible attempts to play the crazy train riff, or annoying excessive pinch harmonics.

Last edited:
Who buys guitars or amps from guitar center?:laughing Only thing I ever buy from there are strings

most of my gear purchases are from craigslist or ebay. I only look at the amps and test them if I plan on buying one from ebay and I want to play it before I decide to buy it. Even then I can't stand being in the store for too long, all the kids and their horrible attempts to play the crazy train riff, or annoying excessive pinch harmonics.

Jesus you hit the nail right on the head! That's the reason I loathe Guitar Center. Their prices aren't bad at all, Jeff. Even if they were, they price guarantee so I've never paid more than what the lowest priced competitor is charging for the same thing. :thumbup

Jesus you hit the nail right on the head! That's the reason I loathe Guitar Center. Their prices aren't bad at all, Jeff. Even if they were, they price guarantee so I've never paid more than what the lowest priced competitor is charging for the same thing. :thumbup

Their 30 day money back gurantee is pretty cool too. I remember I ended up buying a few guitars over the course of the year, so I could play them for a long time and test it out with my rig for an extended amount of time.

And if I liked how the guitar played then I'd just return it back to the store and buy it used else where :laughing

Their 30 day money back gurantee is pretty cool too. I remember I ended up buying a few guitars over the course of the year, so I could play them for a long time and test it out with my rig for an extended amount of time.

And if I liked how the guitar played then I'd just return it back to the store and buy it used else where :laughing

That's sounds like something my wife would do. :|

:laughing

I get my guitar strings from Subway Guitars in Berkeley. You can build a set of nickle .10-.48's for $2.00. :twofinger

I've always called Guitar Center the Golden Gate Cycles of the music industry. :laughing

Back