• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

Yep, that Kirk Hammett. The same one I used to run into up on Haight St. when I lived in SF. :p

Don't get me wrong, I still like the guy. But that video says a lot. That's not a hard riff. :|

I don't exactly like Metallica anymore either. Good thing I used to talk to Jaymz on the El Cerrito BART way before they sold out. :thumbup

EDIT: "Dude, I wish Satch had taught me triplets!" :rofl

I don't exactly like Metallica anymore either. Good thing I used to talk to Jaymz on the El Cerrito BART way before they sold out. :thumbup

EDIT: "Dude, I wish Satch had taught me triplets!" :rofl

what year would that be? Must have been badass living in SF during the 80s metal scene:cool Too bad I was an infant at the time:thumbdown

what year would that be? Must have been badass living in SF during the 80s metal scene:cool Too bad I was an infant at the time:thumbdown

Early 90's. The Stone (in Northbeach) and the Rock on Broadway were still happening venues.

Look at what I just got :thumbup
I convinced my friend to trade me his 900 for my lcd tv. Amp neds to be retubed though:thumbdown, two of the power tubes aren't glowing strong and one of them isn't even glowing on top. It has some shitty sovteks in it right now, I'll be replacing them with JJ/Tesla 6l6gc, and some tung sol 12ax7s for the preamp.

Attachments

• 100_1681.jpg
    100_1681.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 67
Look at what I just got :thumbup
I convinced my friend to trade me his 900 for my lcd tv. Amp neds to be retubed though:thumbdown, two of the power tubes aren't glowing strong and one of them isn't even glowing on top. It has some shitty sovteks in it right now, I'll be replacing them with JJ/Tesla 6l6gc, and some tung sol 12ax7s for the preamp.

Mmmm....tubes. :D

Yeah, this is mine. I'll just go ahead and get this out of the way...

facepalm.gif

mg100hdfx.jpg

oh man :thumbdown I hate the MG. The MG series should not have the marshall logo on it (since it really isn't a true marshall), not worthy enough.

Well if you use a processor it doesn't sound all that bad. Again, I don't have $3000 to drop on an amp. :|

the one I played sounded horrible at higher volumes, where all other tube marshalls sound even better when cranked up.

I got a pretty good deal on this jcm 900, I had bought my tv for $1100, but used it was worth about $750, and nobody would buy it so I traded it and I also got a usb guitar interface/soundcard for recording thrown in as part of the trade.

Now I just need to find a place that can set the bias on the amp after I install the new power tubes. I don't know of many places in the valley that does amp work.

I'm a pretty cheap guy myself:cool and have scored pretty good deals on tube amps. My first one was a 5 watt blackheart little giant for $150, (similar to an epiphone valve jr) Then I got a 50 watt randall 112 combo for $280 and then a peavey 5150 212 for $475.

Last edited:
Now I just need to find a place that can set the bias on the amp after I install the new power tubes. I don't know of many places in the valley that does amp work.

These guys will do you right: http://www.kingamplification.com/

REALLY good shop.

Edit: Oops, just saw which valley you meant. Well, if you get into the SJ area, these guys really are great.

Back