• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

THERE WE GO!!!:thumbup Now it makes some sense...
Different Strats have had different wiring for the tone controls. What they all have in common is that the tone control is a passive control that rolls off high frequencies. Turned all the way up, it allows highs through; turned down, it cuts highs above a certain frequency. The effect is that the sound becomes more muted.

The differences in Strats is primarily in which knob controls which pick-ups. If you post the model number of your guitar, I can probably tell you which tone knob controls which pick-up.
Cool...10='s more high pitch/less low and 1='s more lows/less highs:teeth Yeah I gathererd as much when I saw Volc post about the settings!
It may, but they're not all wired the same. Knowing which model it is will help.
PIC---> http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5082195&postcount=588

And I believe this is it---> http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-HSS-Electric-Guitar-105156673-i1431994.gc

Jason was right, It is a mexican (it says so on the back of the head stock)
As far as model # goes...:dunno

Cool... Thnx guys! I get it now! each knob controls lows and highs on different PU's on certain settings. From Ant's pdf thing I would gather the last setting would be the humbucker instead of the single...?

^
tone knobs are not really for lows or highs control.

it is more of an overall boost, say you turn the tone knob down you won't get more low end, you'll just reduce the frequency overall.

I think of it as an overall boost, kind of like a second volume knob.

Ohhh...O.k.:teeth:thumbup btw... your AVI is siq!:rofl

this one was too big of a file for it to be my avi:laughing

TECHNOVIKING.gif

^

it is more of an overall boost, say you turn the tone knob down you won't get more low end, you'll just reduce the frequency overall.

Manny, unless you have active electronics, the tone control does not boost anything; it can only cut. What they typically cut are high frequencies.

Manny, unless you have active electronics, the tone control does not boost anything; it can only cut. What they typically cut are high frequencies.

I do have active pickups :nerd

but what I meant to say is that it is like a control for frequency kind of like a second volume knob that is more subtle than the actual volume knob.

I guess I misused the word boost with just either lowering the tone knob/ cutting the frequencies and raising the tone knob/raising the frequencies, but only back to normal levels.

^

VS.

I smell a fight!:teeth:laughing

I do have active pickups :nerd

but what I meant to say is that it is like a control for frequency kind of like a second volume knob that is more subtle than the actual volume knob.

I guess I misused the word boost with just either lowering the tone knob/ cutting the frequencies and raising the tone knob/raising the frequencies, but only back to normal levels.

In practical terms, there's truth in what you're saying. When performing with others, you can fall into the background or bring yourself out front with the tone control. If you're playing a rhythm part, you can roll off some highs and let the vocalist or a soloing instrument stand out, while still being heard yourself. If you turn down, the soloist might stand out, but it may be that nobody will hear you.

but will the strat still quack after butchering it with 3 humbuckers?

I prefer the vox over the line6. I am not a fan of the line6 effect tones, I've used their gearbox amp emulation software and it was too much of a digital sound.

Have you checked this one out?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-ME-20-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal-104479514-i1322617.gc

I prefer the vox over the line6. I am not a fan of the line6 effect tones, I've used their gearbox amp emulation software and it was too much of a digital sound.

Have you checked this one out?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-ME-20-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal-104479514-i1322617.gc

I haven't. I'm not a terribly huge fan of Boss multi-effects processors. I've always preferred just their stompboxes instead.

I like the Vox for actually having the tube installed, though. :thumbup

I haven't. I'm not a terribly huge fan of Boss multi-effects processors. I've always preferred just their stompboxes instead.

I like the Vox for actually having the tube installed, though. :thumbup

yeah I haven't tried out the multi effects from boss, I like their stomp boxes so I assumed their multi effects might be good as well.

what type of effects are you planning to use on the multi effects?

I'd love to get some amp modeling more than anything else. I know Line6 is renowned for it's modeling amps but I don't need a new amp, I just want a floor processor that can do modeling with some effects.

I'd love to get some amp modeling more than anything else. I know Line6 is renowned for it's modeling amps but I don't need a new amp, I just want a floor processor that can do modeling with some effects.

I play guitar on my computer using this
439188.jpg

and guitar rig 3
guitar-rig-3.jpg

I'm selling my lexicon alpha for $50 if you are interested.

Back