• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

Jake's playing with one of my drum students. They are well matched, but the drummer loves Zeppelin and I'm teaching him all the Bonham classics. I'm the drummer remember so I think Led Zep...no problem on bass...... tried to get Jake to do John Paul's bass lines and it's tougher than I thought.

What are some of the easier Zeppelin tunes?

Communication break down,You shook me.

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with you. :p

I'd buy a bunch of stomp boxes if I was a pro or even semi-pro player or hell if I was even gigging in a regular band and could justify the expense. However none of those situations apply in my case and I think $200 for a decent floor processor is perfectly fine for me.

I completely understand that. I just noticed over time that I paid more upgrading from rig to rig to rig, than I would have if I would've just saved and bought my dream rig in the first place. So my recommendation would've been to buy single pedals for what you need, and then buy the best as you go.

Buying my dream rig is not nearly as important to me as it once was. I have a house to deal with now plus I'm way more into my Ducati's than I am my music. :twofinger :laughing

w3rd.

tambourine-solo.jpg

N00b ALERT!!!

:rofl So get this... All scale patterns are the "same":shocker Meaning for ex... All the m Penn fingering are the same. You just start at a different fret for what ever key/note note you want:wtf Same goes for all the other ones too!:nerd

Dude.:|:laughing No man its AWESOME! I feel like I just figured out some sort of secret:shhh I mean it seems like all have to do is remember a hand full of fingerings then remmember where each root is and then I'll know ALL THE SCALES I WANT!!!:teeth:thumbup

hey at least you are learning scales. I never learned them, all I ever wanted to learn were some br00tal METAL riffs, and now I don't know shit:rofl

Dude... Manny... Its easy dude! Hell even a Metal head like you could figure this stuff out!:twofinger Metal riffs:teeth I can haz sum plz?

I probably know some scales without even knowing it. I just play some things that sound like they blend together, but if you asked me what notes they were or what key I wouldn't be able to tell you.

I failed when it came to music theory. I just played metal and tried played tabs including solos. Then I just messed around with the guitar solos I knew, like playing it on a different position on the guitar or change a couple notes to make it sound different.

Weird way to do things, but I was anxious to play something and I would get bored playing scales, plus I never memorized them.

Soo.. I noticed my guitar is making this weird noise:mad Haven't dropped or put new strings on or really done anything to it but just tune and use a capo... D string is "buzzy/twangy"...:wtf Starting to notice the same thing on the A string...:rolleyes I'll see if I can put up a 30 sec video on you tube or somthing to show you guys...:nerd

Soo.. I noticed my guitar is making this weird noise:mad Haven't dropped or put new strings on or really done anything to it but just tune and use a capo... D string is "buzzy/twangy"...:wtf Starting to notice the same thing on the A string...:rolleyes I'll see if I can put up a 30 sec video on you tube or somthing to show you guys...:nerd

Adjust the bow of your neck. You're string is hitting a fret causing it to "buzz".

Your string height could be off.

There is a tension screw in the body of an acoustic guitar which is used for bridge adjustment. Tightening this scre will raise the bridge while loosening this screw will lower the bridge. that being said, adjusting the bridge can be like adjusting spokes on a bike. Once you star, there is no going back. I strongly reccomend having a professional take a look at your guitar and allow him.her to perform the adjustment.If you don't know what you're doing, you're going to end up at the guitar shop anyway. Good luck!
Depends on what kind of bridge and what kind of adjustment. Assuming you mean the string length adjustment on an electric guitar with individual adjusters, compare the pitches of the natural harmonic at the twelfth fret with the fretted note. If the fretted note is flat to the harmonic, adjust the string length shorter. Once the two notes are in unison, do the same to each string in turn.
If you mean the bridge height, that's more complicated. You should start by adjusting the neck to proper relief, then adjust the bridge to optimal height, which for most people means low enough for ease of playing but not so low as to cause buzzing or rattling against the frets. This height will vary widely depending on the type of guitar and type and gauge of strings.

And yea... send us a youtube video cause I have no idea what this sounds like.

Back