• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

latest additon to my instrument choices. '77 Les Paul Deluxe.

Love me them mini humbuckers!

Attachments

• 77 Les Paul Deluxe.jpg
    77 Les Paul Deluxe.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 56
Nice LP man I've always been a LP (gibson only) guy. Solid/deep tone. Great sustain and playability. Only dislike the nitrocellulose (gets too icky too fast) and the weight... too heavy!

well Hools, I'll tell you. I've heard plenty of stories about LP broken necks. But i've never broken one myself nor have any one I know break one.

I figured what the hell. I like this one alot, I got a really good price on it and it plays like a dream.

As for the weight, well, i'm pretty sure this one is not chambered aka weight relieved. I'm ok with it. Gorgeous single piece solid mahogany back, nice maple top on it. And I love the tone.

Bumping this thread from the dead, we're thinking about setting up another BARF jam. Considering either the evening of Saturday, December 10th or 17th. Who is interested? If you are, which of those dates can you NOT do?

mmm good bump :bump

Yeah, thanks a lot for moving to the other side of the planet instead of giving me bass lessons!! Just for that, I'm going to sell that fretless Warwick Corvette you wanted! :twofinger :laughing I have some of the best instruments money can buy and I'm still a hack - I need help badly!

Yeah, thanks a lot for moving to the other side of the planet instead of giving me bass lessons!! Just for that, I'm going to sell that fretless Warwick Corvette you wanted! :twofinger :laughing I have some of the best instruments money can buy and I'm still a hack - I need help badly!

I soo FAIL for that! :cry . BUT you should come to the BARF Jam that Mike hosts monthly and jam with those guys. I'll be visiting in June to jam with them! AND... If you can hold on to that Bass til June, I'll buy it off you and take it back to Oz w/ me! I'll even Paypal you a deposit TODAY! That bass is MINE! :teeth

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387571

Guitar Show - BUY Sell trade, January 14th/15th at Marin Civic Center auditorium.

I will certainly be going, though sadly, unlikely to add anything to the stable.

Hey, for the next Barf Jam, what do you guys think about renting out a studio. There's one near my brother's in Concord off Willow Pass near Guitar Center. It'll cost about $75 bucks for three hours, but if we get enough people it'll be less than 10 bucks a pop. It has a nice stage and PA system to use. What do you guys think?

I like the idea. Happy Hornet has also found a studio near her place. It may be that we want to try more than one location and move the thing around a bit to see if it allows some people to participate who haven't been able to yet. If you could get me more info about the place, I can follow up.

BTW, I'm really happy with this new Ibanez Acoustic. I was looking at a Guild for the last month or so, till I got my credit card bill from Christmas. :( But $200 with a case and it's pretty much in brand new condition. Plays easy and sounds great.

IMAG0544.jpg

IMAG0546.jpg

Back