• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

THD Hot Plate attenuator ?

HotPlate-ebd5ea141f5078d95e08490e97cc7a96.jpg

Boogie will not be tamed.

:laughing

On that note (see what I did there?), I'd be much more likely to hold onto that head if I can get at least an effects loop added. IIRC MB is damn near right around the corner from Lagunitas. Anyone I can talk to at Mesa regarding amp upgrades, Beau?

:laughing

On that note (see what I did there?), I'd be much more likely to hold onto that head if I can get at least an effects loop added. IIRC MB is damn near right around the corner from Lagunitas. Anyone I can talk to at Mesa regarding amp upgrades, Beau?

Yeah.

Marcus at Mesa Boogie is the man. Give him a call, super strait-up guy.
707-778-6565

Okay, so I know it's the bridge pickup on a Stratocaster, but what pickup is Gilmore using for the into of "Wish You Were Here"?

Anybody have Texas Specials in their Strat?

Just says Fender 1971 pickups. Stock maybe? :dunno

http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=17

But it also states in the settings area that he didn't use an electric for the recording of that song.

Okay, so I know it's the bridge pickup on a Stratocaster, but what pickup is Gilmore using for the into of "Wish You Were Here"?

Anybody have Texas Specials in their Strat?

I had a strat with the TS.

I liked them better then the stockers. Never really like singles in the bridge, but I liked the TS bridge most of the singles I have tried.

I usually stick a SD JB Jr. in strats.

What compressor did you end up getting?

What compressor did you end up getting?

I got a beat up BOSS CS-3 for cheap and did the "brown" mod on it- also replaced most of the components with better quality- which quieted it down some (but it's still a hissy bitch).

I'm still waiting for a used Tone Press to come up on Ebay for less than 15% off brand new. You know they're good when dudes are paying $130 used for a unit they can get for $159 new.

I got a beat up BOSS CS-3 for cheap and did the "brown" mod on it- also replaced most of the components with better quality- which quieted it down some (but it's still a hissy bitch).

I'm still waiting for a used Tone Press to come up on Ebay for less than 15% off brand new. You know they're good when dudes are paying $130 used for a unit they can get for $159 new.

:cool

Back