• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

They are, though that isn't quite what this is. I haven't seen anything else like it, really.

http://www.voxamps.com/us/nighttrain/lilnighttrain/

background_lilnighttrain.jpg

I realize they look similar, but they are nothing alike in sound, volume or functions. There are possibly dozens of lunchbox heads like the one you posted, but that's not what the THR is.

One thing that may not be apparent is that the THR has small full range speakers built in. That portion of the amp was designed by Yamaha's hifi division in order to support reproducing the cabinet models in the unit. They also have the range to play backing tracks with full fidelity.

Yamaha is quality too.

I fooled around with it quite a bit last night. It's pretty amazing for the size, price and everything else. Tone and feel for days and some of the effects are really good. Chorus shimmers without being so deep it sound like a flanger, the flanger sounds good and there is a hall reverb that sounds ten feet wide. They've done some kind of a psychoacoustic trick similar to a surround sound bar that makes the sound stage much larger than the width of the amp.

If you need a quiet practice amp, this thing is worth a look. Not a lot of them in stores yet, but Guitar Center has begun receiving shipments. It's a very new product in the US.

I fooled around with it quite a bit last night. It's pretty amazing for the size, price and everything else. Tone and feel for days and some of the effects are really good. Chorus shimmers without being so deep it sound like a flanger, the flanger sounds good and there is a hall reverb that sounds ten feet wide. They've done some kind of a psychoacoustic trick similar to a surround sound bar that makes the sound stage much larger than the width of the amp.

If you need a quiet practice amp, this thing is worth a look. Not a lot of them in stores yet, but Guitar Center has begun receiving shipments. It's a very new product in the US.

Stoked for your review. It's a luxury to have an experience based opinion from someone I respect and trust.

Is jumbo/concert bodied guitar a hassle to hold and practice with on a daily basis compared to a normal dreadnaught? (The kind that looks like a fat Coke bottle) Found a good deal on one. Can't remember playing one. Seems like the shape of it wouldn't sit well on my leg and bug my arm.
Thanks!

^^Depends on the person. I never thought they were akward.

But I do personally prefer a smaller 000 size body.

Well I'm only one part of the group. :teeth

Stick with it, bro. My parents always said I was wasting my time with it when I was a kid and yet it's finally paying off 20 years later. :laughing

Back