• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

Who else is a Black Metal musician?

Right. :laughing

"Black Metal?"

Marduk_old-lineup.jpg

or black metal?

:laughing

1283457231-bd.jpg

Back then we had this thing called an ADAT for high-tech recording too.

Black Metal is all about LOW-tech recording. I have Protools for recording and Ableton Live 6 for mixing but I often record out of my amp in through the microphone jack in my computer for that crunchy, old-skool "demo tape cassette" feel. Necrosovnd as hell :)

Black Metal is all about LOW-tech recording. I have Protools for recording and Ableton Live 6 for mixing but I often record out of my amp in through the microphone jack in my computer for that crunchy, old-skool "demo tape cassette" feel. Necrosovnd as hell :)

My musical standard has always been higher than my playing supports, so I have a hard time deliberately making my sound worse. :laughing

Guitarcable.com is having a 15% off sale until 6/10 with a coupon code. Don't want to post the code here, but PM if interested.

Not affiliated with them, but have really liked the cables they have made for me.

I just told a member who PM'd me to buy a MIM Strat on Craigslistas his first guitar for two reasons:

their resale value holds; if you find guitar isn't for you it's easy to sell a MIM for what you paid. and more importantly, they are well made any you won't get stuck with a Korean or Chinese Strat when you're ready for a Mexican.

Good advice?

I wish I had a place to be loud.

This doesn't answer the "place to be loud" thing exactly, but the new Yamaha THR10 is a little portable amp that rages at low volume:

[youtube]N4OQ0w_q6AU[/youtube]

It's smaller than a shoebox, pretty light and sounds killer. It runs off of either a power supply or 8 AA batteries. It's a modeller with five models, done very well. Slays anything from Line6. It feels like a tube amp and some folks on the internet have been fooled into thinking it is a tube amp because of the red glow from the chassis, which is actually created by LED's. :laughing

It accepts aux input and has volume controls for guitar and aux, so you can jam along with an iPod or whatever. It has USB out and will function as a zero latency audio interface; even ships with Cubase AI6. The USB audio sends four channels simultaneously; a stereo pair from the amp model and two dry tracks, in case you want to re-amp.

I got one today and am impressed. You won't take this to many jams, unless your friends play pretty quietly, but as a portable practice amp, it's awesome and sounds good enough to keep you wanting to play.

They are, though that isn't quite what this is. I haven't seen anything else like it, really.

Back