• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

I've got a couple DiMarzios: Humbucker From Hell and a Super Distortion that I'd give you a sweeeeeet deal on if you're interested.

I'll keep those in mind Beau. Do remember that I've collected so much stuff from my lutheir days that I have enough to build up at least half a dozen more bolt-ons. I have too many "Super Strats"; I'm actually looking for a MIM Squier Strat with a 22-fret maple fretboard that I can do a custom PU mod on. ;)

Confession time:

Until very, very recently I'd never used effects to any degree other than a hint of delay or chorus. I just started using some and I'm fucking stoked. I'd been suffering from some kind of plateau and with all these new tones I've got my stoke back.

Wow. This really is fun. I never thought digital could be so much so.

So Beau...you get that THR then?

Yeah man, even posted a pic in this thread, four posts below yours. It's pretty brilliant once you get used to it.

Except how does the tap-delay work?

Yours
attachment.php

Mine
attachment.php

Last edited:
Yeah man, even posted a pic in this thread, four posts below yours. It's pretty brilliant once you get used to it.

Except how does the tap-delay work?

The reference to "tap" on the THR is merely that you can tap a tempo into the tap button and that sets the delay time. If you're playing a song at 100 BPM and want a delay repeat on the quarter note, you just tap a few times at 100 BPM. Now your delay is synced to the song tempo.

There is such a thing as multi-tap delay, which is a completely different thing and not something the THR has.

In other news, I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to regain full control of my left hand fingers. Starting to be genuinely worried.

The reference to "tap" on the THR is merely that you can tap a tempo into the tap button and that sets the delay time. If you're playing a song at 100 BPM and want a delay repeat on the quarter note, you just tap a few times at 100 BPM. Now your delay is synced to the song tempo.

There is such a thing as multi-tap delay, which is a completely different thing and not something the THR has.

In other news, I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to regain full control of my left hand fingers. Starting to be genuinely worried.

What happened to your hand?

What happened to your hand?

I've got a congenital deformity in my cervical spine, where there is a single block vertebra where C6 & C7 should be. An injury about 15 years ago began a process of collapsing the disks on either side of it. Because of the block vertebra, the nerve bundles that would exit between C6 & C7 go somewhere else, probably between the block and T1. It's a thicker nerve bundle than normal, which means a 2mm loss of disk clearance will cause nerve impingement in me where it might do nothing to someone else.

I've seen a chiro from time to time to help restore the clearances and it's helped, but there is now some arthritis that may be making it harder to recover from. It's still early to say, but my hand went numb in the middle of July and it's not a whole lot better now. In fact, I'm now getting some buzzing in my right thumb. :nchantr

I've got a congenital deformity in my cervical spine, where there is a single block vertebra where C6 & C7 should be. An injury about 15 years ago began a process of collapsing the disks on either side of it. Because of the block vertebra, the nerve bundles that would exit between C6 & C7 go somewhere else, probably between the block and T1. It's a thicker nerve bundle than normal, which means a 2mm loss of disk clearance will cause nerve impingement in me where it might do nothing to someone else.

I've seen a chiro from time to time to help restore the clearances and it's helped, but there is now some arthritis that may be making it harder to recover from. It's still early to say, but my hand went numb in the middle of July and it's not a whole lot better now. In fact, I'm now getting some buzzing in my right thumb. :nchantr
Dude, that sucks. I'm sorry I had no idea, did you know that you are next to the epicenter of all spinal/neuro therapy places
http://www.neuro-fit.org/
Check it out or give them a call, they might have some ideas for you.

Dude, that sucks. I'm sorry I had no idea, did you know that you are next to the epicenter of all spinal/neuro therapy places
http://www.neuro-fit.org/
Check it out or give them a call, they might have some ideas for you.

Thanks for the info. The chiro treatments have in the past taken some time to show results, so I want to give it a fair shake this time. I'll keep this information in the event I become convinced that chiro can't address it this time around.

Back