• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

Truth!

Now all he’s gotta do is learn “more than words” and there’ll be 5 hotties tearing that sweet sweater off’n that imposing physique and he’ll be knee deep in discarded pantries.

Truth!

Now all he’s gotta do is learn “more than words” and there’ll be 5 hotties tearing that sweet sweater off’n that imposing physique and he’ll be knee deep in discarded pantries.

Looks like he's been through a few pantries already. :laughing

Yep, “more than words” was always the coup de grace. Worked like a champ...every time.

Actually, looking back, that was a seriously unfair card to play after a cocktail or two.:laughing

So do most fucking singers.

“Oooooohhhh, you have to down tune a half step and capo the 3rd fret so I can be all comfy in my range”:rolleyes

I’m about this close to kicking vocalist dude to the curb.

Truth!

I can't play More Than Words, but I can manage a half decent Right Here Waiting on a piano.

My go-to piano song is the chorus to "just a friend" by biz markie. Wooing a girl on the acoustic guitar, she gets "fuck her gently" by tenacious d haha

Welp, had a final straw moment with vocalist dude at rehearsal on Monday. I didn’t blow a fuse or tell him what I think of people who make agreements and then break them at the very next rehearsal. But I did think long and hard about the pros and cons of continuing the relationship. Life’s just too short to play stuff I don’t actually like in keys that suck. I called him, thanked him for the opportunity, and respectfully bowed out. He wasn’t happy, but he took it like a man and I think he appreciated the discussion as opposed to a text, or that cowardly ghosting shit people do nowadays.

Yesterday I went through all my original stuff, picked 3 and got to work. Feels good. I made the right decision.:)

Spent the last 4 days working exclusively on my stuff. So much so that as per usual, I started to disappear up my own backside and needed to lighten up a bit.

So yesterday I mixed up a few Manhattans and learned Stacy’s Mom.:laughing

Dude, I just spent the last 3mo learning Jimmy Buffet, Van Morrison, and CCR. One more stupid tune ain’t gonna kill me.:laughing

Hmmm....Sum41 Fat Lip anyone?

I've been trying to learn/remember the Gilmour parts of shine on you crazy diamond. I came across this video and thought it would be an awesome song for busking with the gf. Bendy blooze licks yass

[youtube]D97gP-1zyqQ[/youtube]

Trading riffs with a cello on that one would be pretty cool. And you’ve certainly got the right rig, ash strat through a 57 champ would slap.

Tangentially, that was a truly amazing vid from a people watching perspective. We’re all more the same than different. The connection with music, the little kid in the striped shirt who clearly wasn’t impressed, the look of pain on that woman’s face @ 8:02.

Trading riffs with a cello on that one would be pretty cool. And you’ve certainly got the right rig, ash strat through a 57 champ would slap.

Tangentially, that was a truly amazing vid from a people watching perspective. We’re all more the same than different. The connection with music, the little kid in the striped shirt who clearly wasn’t impressed, the look of pain on that woman’s face @ 8:02.

Haha the main reason I decided to learn it is because I don't play my strat enough. We cover John mayer, jimi hendrix and now pink floyd and I've been playing my les paul. I know, I know. Sacrilege. Haha. It's just, like, it feels like I'm driving someone else's car when I play my strat. Then I put on my LP and it feels like a comfortable worn in pair of shoes.

I've watched that video like ten times. It's a long song to remember and I still need to work on those volume swells he does in the beginning to mimic the synths in the song, especially since I am not fully used to/hate where the volume knob is on the strat.

In other news, I'm playing with another guitarist, drummer and bass today. Gonna play some metal/hardcore/thrash with them. I haven't played this kind of music with other people in a loooong time but it's what I'm best at. Like my grandpa always said, figure out what you're good at and stick with it. Just gonna teach the other guitarist a song I've been working on and let the bassist and drummer figure it out, as is tradition

Back