• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Vintage meets vintage. Ran into an aquaintance on his nicely modded FJ1200.
I think the FJ's looks held up well as time goes on.
View attachment 542659

I agree! And no question about the looks of the SRX. Still sexy after all these years, and one of the most fun bikes I’ve ever ridden on the street! :love

You could always go the W.H.O.R.E. route, Gary. That is: We Haul Our Rides Everywhere. :cool

Trailer/haul the 690 to where you want to ride and enjoy the warm and comfortable truck cab on the way to and from! :thumbup :laughing

I thought about that while I was freezing on the foggy freeway, but in reality I'm too lazy to even haul my dirt bike to Hollister Hills. Every bike in the garage needs to be moved out to get to the trailer, and again when I get back.

The second part should be doable, I once did the main road through Knoxville on mine (~15mi) on dual sport tires, but I decided not to push my luck again. It was a little challenging.

Yes it's doable on a GS now that I've ridden thru it, but I'm much more willing to take a chance with the lighter 690 than the big GS. It would be hell to try to pick up the GS alone on a steep and loose trail.

Old Santa Cruz Hwy

L1D6YSh.jpg

Schulties Rd

I'm a little surprised that they haven't cleaned this up; maybe the hillside is still unstable. "Road Closed" signs are still out, but now that it's dry it's no problem for a bike to get across.

MGul8cN.jpg

GFLCzYV.jpg

Last edited:
To Idaho City the back way

Today's plan, head to Idaho City on the dirt roads along the base of the hills on the other side of the mountain. They're not up real high, they should be clear by now, right?

Robie Creek was looking promising until I got to this point. Nothing with wheels was going to go any further on that road.
eOEUjhC.jpg

Rode back to the highway and went on to Idaho City. Considered going in on Grimes Creek, but it was getting late for lunch. I'll check out Grimes Creek after lunch. This is what it looked like on the north end just a few hundred feet from the main road through the area. Not going to ride any of Grimes Creek.
oHjmjEY.jpg

Apparently they run snow plows on Harris Creek between Idaho City and Horseshoe Bend, so it was clear all the way. This was the summit of Harris Creek.
rJ83gGV.jpg

I was considering checking out Pearl Rd to see if it was passable, but didn't feel up to a possibly muddy road, so took all paved roads back from Horseshoe Bend. Nice twisty road along the Payette River there.

Around Kings Creek Rd. Not sure if I trespassed into some private prosperities. If there's a way to connect to Skyline I haven't found it. Will have to try from Skyline end.

q1NoOYv.jpg

ZNpysBi.jpg

JeHxfpB.jpg

4w6SpIt.jpg

How to make a rider going 12mph look exciting... use a too-small aperture, doh!

51095879278_0b90302592_z.jpg

Is that the annual Easter morning sunrise ride?

:thumbup

yes, the Mt Tam Easter Sunrise Ride ... we had some small LE drama at the gate this year. pic at same locked gate taken at a little past 6am or so:

picture.php

they finally opened the gat for us at 6:48 am ... :angel

Last edited:
Back