• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Redwood City

I wish BARF had a "Like" button. So many good shots.

Bighorn Campground north of Bridgeport

Met up yesterday with some nice gents from the local Vintage European Moto Club and they were very accepting that my bike was neither vintage, nor Euro... but I knew I was okay when I saw the W650! :laughing

fblike1.jpg

:laughing
my favorite BARF thread ... :gsxrgrl

Last edited:
It’s my 55th birthday today, so I figured I’d get out and do what I can to stave off geezerhood.

9A91413F-32FC-4E32-992B-433148B2FA0C.jpg

Hwy 120 and Boundary Peak, 09/04/21 ….

trying to get my Gary856 on with an old building/bike pic:

Love the distant Mountain View, and the old building/bike pic. :thumbup

It was between 96 and 100° from San Jose and Gilroy, way too hot, so it felt so nice in Watsonville where it ranged from the mid-80s down to the high 60s.

Green Valley Rd

lyRc2Yl.jpg

Eureka Canyon Rd. I finally rode up the short driveway into this retreat (Buddhist Center, wedding venue) to check it out. Pretty surprised to see a large flat lot with a pond and parking lots. While here the bike got really hot (238°). Seemed like the fan crapped out so I had to keep my speed up after this for good airflow.

dMAuS0r.jpg

XAlQyX1.jpg

Spearfish creek about two miles downstream from where the headwaters hits this road.
It joins with the Bell Fourche, in Bell Fourche, and on to the Missouri.

I went on to the state line, 14 miles x I 90, or 36 miles out the back door up Spearfish canyon, to here.

Attachments

• IMG_3489.jpg
    IMG_3489.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3487.jpg
    IMG_3487.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 11
Trinity Mountain

First rest stop before droppping down to cross the river.
yWBVrZM.jpg

Crossing the south fork of the Boise River, then back up again.
tbkghBu.jpg

Second rest stop.
r1USmc5.jpg

Third rest stop - this is as far up as we're going at 8500 feet. It was a real workout through the rocky sections to get to this point. That peak in the center background is Trinity Mountain which is another 1000 feet higher. I've ridden to the top of it before, but not today.
wACNcsI.jpg

Headed back out toward Featherville.
nnZnJ3f.jpg

Beautiful downtown Pine, Idaho.
o69V12a.jpg

I had about 34 K on my '08 Hyper when I sold it for this, used @ 16 K in '12. So you are close.

I used to average about 12 K a year for my road bike when I lived in a stick house. Now it is spread over three bikes, with the Dodge doing the slab drone.

Last edited:
I clearly need to up my game. At the moment my poor DRZ has been sitting for a few months so it's gonna take priority this weekend. Ordered new knobbies for it, so I'll probably take it for bumpy backroads ride up north to finish off the current tires and run through the current tank of gas before it gets really stale. Was hoping to hit Stony Barf but it looks like I'll be in Colorado that weekend helping my folk demo and rebuild the deck on the cabin.

Half a mile from there another one started to cross the road as we approached. Unlike deer it was smart enough to stop and wait for us to pass.

Half a mile from there another one started to cross the road as we approached. Unlike deer it was smart enough to stop and wait for us to pass.
Are you sure it wasn't waiting there trying to figure out how to make you its next meal? :laughing

If TV taught us anything it's that bears are cute, cuddly, and only want your pic-a-nic basket....

Attachments

• C406B5A6-695C-49AC-B3DA-1AEF00D8A835.jpg
    C406B5A6-695C-49AC-B3DA-1AEF00D8A835.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back