• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Cherry Lake road near Yosemite
QNCW5bs.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Cherry Lake, 335 mile sore butt day!
7epGvKk.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

The Cherry Lake and San Joaquin River shots are both sweet.

Wow, everyone's getting out on epic fall adventures and I'm just happy I managed to get the DRZ out for a ride to freshen up the gas sitting in that tank.

Pretty day for a ride up Tam. Fun flowy cornering all afternoon.

AM-JKLUyAz95VFnHf_K4GHYTFt96hOyhOb2-72SdiiH7jXt6oIXKZOBH4pSH9Jy6aC2VKdEcRwfn5G3OIjJaWPiDuvqrf9zTAp5IJsnIrnBI_xsT4d67xxPanWjcWKo69s6eMs46mA8Pn8P3e9IsJiFg3QfYVg=w1040-no

Silver Canyon Road is awesome! that first water crossing caught me off guard going good in 3rd gear, landed in the middle of it and got drenched! Was by myself (dumb move) because friend didn't want to do the dirt!

Did you make it all the way up to the Bristlecon pin forest? I didn't have knobbies and couldn't make it up the steep part past all the switch backs.

And, looks like your bikes took a little nap time on you!!!

Great pics!

Last edited:
Silver Canyon Road is awesome! that first water crossing caught me off guard going good in 3rd gear, landed in the middle of it and got drenched! Was by myself (dumb move) because friend didn't want to do the dirt!

Did you make it all the way up to the Bristlecon pin forest? I didn't have knobbies and couldn't make it up the steep part past all the switch backs.

And, looks like your bikes took a little nap time on you!!!

Great pics!

We made it up to the top of Silver Canyon and went down Wyman Canyon, which was IMHO even more fun. It felt like a long, flowy downhill mountain bike run.

Hate to see Old Idria Road.

New Idria was one of the coolest places I've ever ridden. Back in 2007, a group of us did it in the snow and it was pretty brutal, but fun. I'd like to give it a whirl on my Magna, but I know it will be rough. I wouldn't do it on my Magna in the snow, though haha. Amazing place, completely unforgettable.

https://bayarearidersforum.com/mini/showthread.php?t=190946

On another note, WTF, that was 14 years ago!!!! :afm199

this was fairly steep, hard to tell in the pic.

2932641-6.jpg

We made it up to the top of Silver Canyon and went down Wyman Canyon, which was IMHO even more fun. It felt like a long, flowy downhill mountain bike run.

so awesome you got to do Wyman Canyon,
love that part of the world ... :thumbup

my bike on location in Wyman Creek:

wyman1.jpg

Wyman Creek and the road sharing the same bed:

20120622-150142.jpg

that pic of the two napping GSs in a
hairpin on Silver Canyon Rd is epic! :ride

New Idria was one of the coolest places I've ever ridden. Back in 2007, a group of us did it in the snow and it was pretty brutal, but fun. I'd like to give it a whirl on my Magna, but I know it will be rough. I wouldn't do it on my Magna in the snow, though haha. Amazing place, completely unforgettable.

https://bayarearidersforum.com/mini/showthread.php?t=190946

On another note, WTF, that was 14 years ago!!!! :afm199

It's very cool to read about places people rode to before I learned how to ride (in 2010)! I rode in the reverse direction in 2012; wasn't too bad with my DRZ400sm on dry dirt.

https://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395423

Twin peaks of South Bay - Mt Hamilton & Mt Umunhum. Went looking for rain and found some.

Mt Hamilton

D1jFrt9.jpg

u0DpMoZ.jpg

miMY2yf.jpg

wawbodv.jpg

yU7a6VP.jpg

Last edited:
Alamitos Rd

U2AzM6B.jpg

Mt Umunhum

Ng0WwH2.jpg

Reynolds Rd