• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

My wife says to me in this morning "How important is Kaijin today?" Kaijin is where is teach/coach martial arts and today I was to train boxing and today was a spar day.

I totally gave her attitude because I don't get to train where I learn from another coach often, and I was excited to fight. I was like "WHY? Do you need me to work at the salon (we own a tanning salon) or something? What do you need me to do?"

"Oh, nothing" she says "wanna get your Christmas gift? Wanna know what it is?"

*laughing* "what, a new motorcycle...?"

"Yeah"

So, I'm like "no way..." and basically talking like stop bullshitting me... this ain't even funny anymore.

You see, no woman in my life has ever done such a thing for me. Never. I would always hear stories about wives and girlfriends buying their husbands/boyfriends motorcycles - not this guy. Never in my 47 years on this planet has ANYBODY done such a thing for me.

I absolutely do not deserve this, and I am so thankful for the good Lord for the graces and blessings in our lives, and I am humbled by such a gift. This meant so much to me *I actually started to cry, and I am not a cry'er*

Anyway, here I am, with the new bike - on location.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1014.jpg
    IMG_1014.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Cool locations and great shots.

Can you fish off there?

Yes, you can fish off of Dumbarton Pier or from the shore. YouTube "Dumbarton pier" for some fishing videos.

My wife says to me in this morning "How important is Kaijin today

I absolutely do not deserve this, and I am so thankful for the good Lord for the graces and blessings in our lives, and I am humbled by such a gift. This meant so much to me *I actually started to cry, and I am not a cry'er*

Anyway, here I am, with the new bike - on location.

That's such a cool story, and the new bike's beautiful! From your reaction I'd say the effort your wife put into getting this gift for you is totally worth it.

So did you get to go to Kaijin today? What's more important - go to Kaijin or take ownership of a new bike? :laughing

Coalinga Rd at Clear Creek

16nAktI.jpg

rTslqRL.jpg

Derrick Rd

Chevron Solar-to-Steam demonstration facility
http://www.brightsourceenergy.com/coalinga#.YX4rQi2cYn0

When they line up all the mirrors you'd see a shiny bright spot suspended in mid-air, not directly on top of the tower but seemingly in front of it, just like the photo in the link above. I saw it the first time I rode down to Coalinga on my DRZ back in 2011 and had no idea what the hell I was seeing. It was a strange and awesome sight straight out of science fiction, kind of evil looking, like space was being bent or something.

QBGkOZh.jpg

th5BnYO.jpg

Qv0guzd.jpg

Hwy 198

MEqEyco.jpg

Last edited:
that sunset pic is very fun, with the dynamic element of the horizon/bike.

my poor brain trying to figure "what's going on there?" :laughing

wonderful pic ... :thumbup

Last edited:
Took off a little early on Friday to scratch the riding itch, weather cooperated nicely.

Highway 1 near Marshall.

AM-JKLX-CnZcJ6-vDfdPAQjs--K6Dq0sTACcmfSVSD2ufetMvwb0yxXEyNYa9xGE--WSZ18UL7IUstp5_GnDmQCeul6-nuay1Gi8hv0WJ1Ht9PnAq8mF9ZJsV1IJPXSqKCo_vYNaL8VfnN62Oq4UGzbkl98JPg=w1063-no

A buddy and I split the purchase of a drone recently and yesterday we tried to film the bikes for the first time. Its harder then I thought! But we managed to get something lol

Last edited:
There're some abandoned train tracks I want to explore, but first I got to learn how to cross the tracks comfortably with a little wheelie. It's harder than it looks - the rear tends to spin and dig a hole instead of pushing the bike over the rail.

cCJGvLT.jpg

Mt Hamilton. Which way is faster - going uphill or down? My guess was down. Answer after the pics.

fSjS4b5.jpg

e5pwJnw.jpg

Between Quimby Rd and the top (at the gate to enter the observatory) - uphill 19 min, downhill 19 min - it was a tie.

Last edited:
There're some abandoned train tracks I want to explore, but first I got to learn how to cross the tracks comfortably with a little wheelie. It's harder than it looks - the rear tends to spin and dig a hole instead of pushing the bike over the rail.
You want to hit the first rail with enough speed that the front wheel lands on the far side of the second rail. The back wheel will just follow.

Personally, I avoid riding anywhere near train tracks, but back in the olden days I crossed a few.

Get someone to video your first attempt and post it here so that we can all get a big smile when it doesn't quite work out as planned. :cool

===== Edit =====

Here's a video with multiple techniques to get a dirt bike across train tracks. Only one of them at the end involves landing the front tire on the far side.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHLvNRnOv6k

Last edited:
A buddy and I split the purchase of a drone recently and yesterday we tried to film the bikes for the first time. Its harder then I thought! But we managed to get something lol

Keep it up! That is some great footage. I have loved the use of drones after following Sterling Noren (Motorcycle Travel Channel on Youtube). He really has it down. Check him out if you haven't already!

Hope you have fun playing with it!

You want to hit the first rail with enough speed that the front wheel lands on the far side of the second rail. The back wheel will just follow.

Here's a video with multiple techniques to get a dirt bike across train tracks. Only one of them at the end involves landing the front tire on the far side.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHLvNRnOv6k

I had watched that video carefully and know what needs to be done, but I just can't do it - haven't practiced it. Good riders always make stuff they do look so easy. As far as jumping it - fuhgeddaboudit! I'm too old to try that stunt. :laughing

Acid trips?

:laughing:thumbup

my neighborhood was more known for a different Schedule III drug, back in the day, before everything became Disneyland, here ... been waiting for someone to tag this mural for months. i'll post a bike on location pic when it finally happens. WWG856 do? :gsxrgrl

here's another location pic:

20150828-102918.jpg

sunrise, Mt Patterson, CA. :ride

Last edited:
Mt Hamilton. Which way is faster - going uphill or down? My guess was down. Answer after the pics.

SBR Andy showed me he would hit the kill switch going downhill to see how far he could go just by coasting. Made you not use your brakes as much to maintain speed.

I have done that on Mt. Hamilton. I've ridden my bicycle up and down that thing to Lick Observatory quite a few times and the descent is nice, and on the few occasions I've done it on my motorcycle, I did the kill switch thing going down.

Back