• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

One of these day's I get up for the sunrise aside from Easter morning. For now I get the late day sun from time to time...

Muir Woods Road

AM-JKLVp4WjO5kCGMTZ1s82UqGZOQSIFrV3TCuwrCKxkYwD-OACDlAHr1PsJ3-QdfDv2Y9LvG5CFFx_qHah3Tp4pNTEDi-elI0fT30hoPIryJC5YWkwz1OqGTieDA1HnKjW5LNhANmTMvfdL4hHSXriJEMeaVg=w1063-no

Very Nice pic of sunrise, John - not something I'll ever see willingly. Most days I don't get out bed until almost 10am.

For coasting downhill I feel Mt Hamilton Rd is not steep enough, with too many flat sections in between. I prefer steeper roads with few (or none) flat spots like Montevina Rd, Soda Springs, Quimby, for example.

Took my WR250F out for a warm up and a little practice. Noticed the dry rot on the front tire (even though the knobs looked practically new) and checked the date code - "2308" !!! :wtf Also the bike didn't idle too well from sitting so long. One day I'll have to face the fact that I may never ride dirt much, and sell the bike.

J9SJrwL.jpg

Last edited:
More fine art from you, John.
Nicely done. Thank you.:thumbup

thanks, gixxerjeff, for the encouragement! :thumbup

One of these day's I get up for the sunrise aside from Easter morning. For now I get the late day sun from time to time...

Muir Woods Road

awesome pic ... Easter Sunday Sunrise, 2022! :laughing:ride

Very Nice pic of sunrise, John - not something I'll ever see willingly. Most days I don't get out bed until almost 10am.

For coasting downhill I feel Mt Hamilton Rd is not steep enough, with too many flat sections in between. I prefer steeper roads with few (or none) flat spots like Montevina Rd, Soda Springs, Quimby, for example.

camping makes catching a sunrise a lot easier, for sure ... :gsxrgrl

here's a pic of my bike on location in Death Valley, in a vintage coasting race down from Dante's View:

coastin.jpg

coasting all the way, twenty-six miles down to Furnace Creek.
BARFer Kalle, snapping the pic on his '48 Chief ...

Those vintage guys were serious, some put 60 psi in their tires and some removed their chains.
there were maybe forty of us. needless to say I got my fanny kicked ... the rangers were unimpressed.
pro-tip, never use the phrase "we're racing" in a national park ... :laughing:facepalm

Last edited:
Those vintage guys were serious, some put 60 psi in their tires and some removed their chains.
there were maybe forty of us. needless to say I got my fanny kicked ... the rangers were unimpressed.
pro-tip, never use the phrase "we're racing" in a national park ... :laughing:facepalm

There was a fun article, zillion years ago, in Motorcyclist (Friedman, Boehm, Ienatsch, probably Burns). They were doing an MPG article and which bike was betters etc.

Ienatsch took an XT600, even took the front fender off.

He also took a wire and was hooking on to Boehm's bike when he wasn't paying attention lol.

(Mitch Boehm is the editorial director for the AMA now, dunno when he got that job - thats good to see.)

I coast down from Lick to the bridge once in a while. Most recently because I wasn't sure if I had enough fuel to make it back home as I was only planning to go to the Junction and back. It sure is a different feel having no engine power.

I did a video coasting down Sierra Road into San Jose years ago. The coasting starts at about one minute. Not an overly exciting video :laughing

[YOUTUBE]pm2V3GbP6_k[/YOUTUBE]

The only times I have ever coasted on a bike were once because I noticed the rear hub was loose and wanted to see if I could hear any concerning noises before attempting to ride the 400 miles or so home (all ended well) and once because I ran out of gas about two miles from a gas station. I'd be able to get the bike to start on the downhill grades and gas it to get up some speed before killing the motor and putting it in neutral to coast as far as I could. I think that bought me a few hundred yards before I ended up pushing.

awesome pic ... Easter Sunday Sunrise, 2022! :laughing:ride

I'll be there!

Alviso

This bayside spot looks nice in photo at sunset, but it's ugly in person.

ybt2GlB.jpg

WcFkrTd.jpg

East San Jose. A cow, some sheeps, an Alta.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 5
I'll be there!

:thumbup

Easter Sunday Mt Tam is generally an awesome ride …. :ride

enjoy hearing Mr Boehm is doing well, the compelling 0 emissions option vid and the Alta pic. :angel

picture.php

R-Ranch at the Lake, Capell Valley Road, Napa county, California.

picture.php

:party

Last edited:
Walker St, Watsonville

gEVuy4P.jpg

h8Q4ww3.jpg

cNKeAfu.jpg

cpaI4Gp.jpg

Kearney Extension

R8Awyuv.jpg

Under Hwy 1

Qy0GTSN.jpg

Lee Rd, Struve Slough - "Historically, Lee Road bisected Struve Slough to connect properties on either side; however, this portion of the road was abandoned by the City and County several years ago after seasonal pumping of the slough ceased and Lee Road remained flooded year- round."

a2Aonb1.jpg

RCwY866.jpg

Last edited:
I felt random wobbles and thought I was imagining it at first. Tires were ok, nothing was loose externally, but it got worse progressively and clunked every few seconds. Then I found the rear wheel loose when I rocked it sideways. My guess is the rear wheel bearing crapped out - a known problem for Ulysses.

Near Moss Landing. Called AAA at 6pm; the flatbed showed up at 8:30pm. Good thing this happened where I had good phone signal and could buy some water; it sucked that I lost half of the ride.

aidbVjz.jpg

OKFLGZJ.jpg

ClZ79P9.jpg

jQBRyyn.jpg

z4Zgq7K.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, those last pics are sad!:(

Never a good thing to see a bike getting towed away!

My after church Sunday jaunt to San Juan Bautista. I love this bike - it truly is my dream bike and it's everything I've wanted in a motorcycle. I'm not even going to remove the warning stickers.

Extremely nimble in tight twisties and finally geting used to the geometry. Today I got to feel the power of traction control, and laughed maniacally for 2 miles. Also, I got to loft the front wheel a few times today.

My two criticisms, however, is 1) the tall windscreen (which was replaced today with a short Givi one). Jimmy Buffet'ting all day and so tall I look through it instead of over it and it's hard to judge turns; 2) all the bells and whistles do take awhile to get used to navigating.

I still love this bike. My wife bought this for me and nobody has ever done anything that nice for me before, like I said earlier.

I'll be installing the Givi Dolomiti 46L top box and a Tusk Enduro Tank bag. Next weekend, I'm going to get over to Metcalf and jam around, I also want to try Snake Trail with it. It's a very easy OHV park, and I'll give that a go on those tires before exploring the trails at Hollister.

FB051-C10-00-D1-4-DCD-A193-2-A2-FCD70-F986.jpg

167-CD82-E-75-B5-42-BA-8-ED8-4-D78-AA88132-D.jpg

Last edited:
Breaking in a new pair of Power Cup 2's and the new WP Apex Pro front fork inserts. I can't hardly wait for next spring and some warm, dry weather to REALLY see what these forks can do for me. They felt very plush and firm today. Pics from Stone Lagoon just south of Orick and Redwood National Park.

Attachments

• 890 Duke R.3.jpg
    890 Duke R.3.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 890 Duke R.2.jpg
    890 Duke R.2.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 5
CA 1 south of Big Sur

Attachments

• 99F19055-96AA-406D-A9C2-A4983889C3C5.jpeg
    99F19055-96AA-406D-A9C2-A4983889C3C5.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 19
My after church Sunday jaunt to San Juan Bautista. I love this bike - it truly is my dream bike and it's everything I've wanted in a motorcycle. I'm not even going to remove the warning stickers.

She's a beauty, for sure.

I'm still mixed on getting a tank bag. I probably should I haven't got any storage yet. But I'm just diddling around town no rush yet. Though that Tusk one looks pretty good.

She's a beauty, for sure.

I'm still mixed on getting a tank bag. I probably should I haven't got any storage yet. But I'm just diddling around town no rush yet. Though that Tusk one looks pretty good.

Since COVID stuff happened and I work from home mostly, I ride my motorcycle - not to see clients (since everything is Zoom, now) but for everything else, like when I teach at the MMA gym or karate dojo, or if I need to go to our tanning salon. I love the idea of throwing my Gi in the trunk and rolling out, or if I need to work at the salon (to give my wife a day off) I can toss in a change of clothes or whatever.

I hate the look of luggage (I think it all looks dorky as f) but man, once you have it, it's hard to go without. I've been strapping my gym bag and other things to my bike, and I just hate it.

I've never been a fan of tank bags because of ergonomics, but with this bike, it's just fine. I have that little magnetic one, but that will be replaced by the large Tusk bag. I don't think the magnetic one would stay on when going off road, though.

I just ordered an iPhone 13 Pro and waiting until that comes to get a Quad Lock phone case (I already have the mount). The quad lock is the best phone mount I've ever used.

Back