• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Mt Hamilton

Beautiful day yesterday

Attachments

• 4D02F0C0-C905-4806-9D56-01C0797BFAF3.jpg
    4D02F0C0-C905-4806-9D56-01C0797BFAF3.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 4
picture.php

Summer solstice sunset, Immigrant Point Overlook, the Presidio, San Francisco. definitely six BARFers in the pic, and maybe seven, not sure if Mr James M has a handle, and guess I made eight. :laughing:angel

Nice shot, plenty warm yesterday! This gives me a terrible idea for next summer solstice.. plan a ride from sunrise to sunset to take advantage of the long day.

Got out Monday for Juneteenth holiday, one lane road ahead.

AM-JKLW_tt9DimvEuCiNWLcoKo_AfzCyApqkprcmMtwU09pSHXhNqa8cBOVLobkfzItmmDIWRkPAKcPZQCF8xL1hk0EJP1NvlvZXubn_BbDJ3iC7P8jBe1TmMoj3-zTrW8dIFAjXBA0FgGoP9ra7VlN4Odlnmg=w1031-no

Last edited:
Fun bikes but how many miles can you tolerate that seat?

For my ex 690E I’d truck it to the ride if it was more than an hour away to the starting point.

When I see the SM’s and the Husky version at dealers I start thinking it would be a fun bike for messing around on. Then sit on them and get flashbacks of horrible memories of that seat. I back away accepting we’re just not meant for each other.

I had my seat on the 690r reworked by a local upholstery shop. She charged me $100 to shorten it and make it wider. This made a huge difference: a few years ago we took a ride up to Coos Bay. 11+ hours and I could still walk.

Thorn Creek Butte

Today's goal, Thorn Creek Butte, but going in and coming back on different routes than normal. Beautiful day for it.

No bikes in this photo, just the beautiful view. This is the very end of Arrow Rock Reservoir. I've never seen it all the way full like this.
SkW1DUC.jpg

The bikes, from the same spot. We always stop here for a short while, after riding for about an hour.
LLTsZDG.jpg

We came in from Prairie, which is a different route for me. That's the bridge we were looking for. It crosses over to the road that goes to Atlanta which is almost a main road, except that it's dirt.
R6gUhuu.jpg

A different branch of Arrow Rock Reservoir. It was a perfect day for riding.
Cp8TIrb.jpg

This was the goal, the lookout at the top of Thorn Creek Butte (altitude 7550 feet). The guy that stays there every summer watching for forest fires just opened it up the day before. His dog was loving it there.
MP5aFv2.jpg

The bikes in the parking area at the top. Those are the Sawtooth mountains to the east back there on the horizon.
hB1OlFP.jpg

Yeah, it's not a bike. So sue me.

I promise not to do this again with the Bronco. :gsxrgrl

Two years ago I tried riding up Hayden Peak and determined that I just didn't have the skill to ride two miles up a ten degree (according to my Bronco angle readout) rocky road without making a mistake, because once you stop on that stuff you're unlikely to get going again.

At the top of War Eagle Mountain. Been here before on the KTM. That's where all of the people live off in the distance.
TbzThlv.jpg

The goal is the top of this mountain, you can see the road that heads up there.
TlX5rL5.jpg

This is where I had to stop two years ago. No problem at all for the Bronco, you just have to push the right buttons to turn all of the magic stuff on and it chugs right on up.
2Cg6MhV.jpg

Here we are at the top, looking toward Boise and Meridian. Officially, it's 8402 feet of elevation.
5VFHC1d.jpg

That tower off in the distance is War Eagle Mountain. You can tell that we're at a higher elevation on Hayden Peak.
iEYugNP.jpg

Last edited:
That's the thing with photos. They just don't convey the conditions on the ground. Its hard to grasp how steep that must be to you there.

Great pics Scott.

Do you have a pelican case drilled in the back of the Bronco? :)

That's the thing with photos. They just don't convey the conditions on the ground. Its hard to grasp how steep that must be to you there.

Great pics Scott.

Do you have a pelican case drilled in the back of the Bronco? :)

+1

Best Dualsport ride the vet next year I swear I’m going to make it!

Colorado trip

Just got back from a 2 week Colorado trip. Here a couple highlights.

Stanton rd outside of Bonanza UT close to CO border
XZmVlbP.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Lake Granby
cmT8obx.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

TnBgqv4.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Rocky Mountain Park
t4POEIJ.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Black Canyon outside of Montrose
zjBy5iW.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

[url=https://imgur.com/3SG6ZUk]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/3SG6ZUk.jpg[/url][/IMG]

Mesa Verde Park
EiaG0ZR.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

More CO trip

Bryce Canyon
7wrV7lv.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Near Escalante
8NBUyUt.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Just north of Lake powell
7pJiYhq.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Benton
rv6dr52.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

@MTERK - great stuff!

Scott Mountain Road, Bear Valley

First stop at a high point on Scott Mountain Road.
w64xaVk.jpg

Deadwood Dam. We passed along the east side of Deadwood Reservoir. That's the spillway dumping the water out, so the reservoir is full.
M4VGvCL.jpg

In some parts of Idaho, the forest isn't very green.
KtzVJMv.jpg

And sometimes it's a beautiful green forest. I screwed up the photo I thought I took in the middle of the forest. :(
cfBSEDc.jpg

Almost to Cape Horn Summit.
XyzDbWN.jpg

I have serious ADV motorcycle envy looking at those pics. Thanks for sharing.

I have serious ADV motorcycle envy looking at those pics. Thanks for sharing.

@MTERK - great stuff!

+1 … looks like a wonderful adventure, Mr MTERK! :thumbup

Best Dualsport ride the vet next year I swear I’m going to make it!

bad news is Mr Bungee Brent announced that the 15th annual Bungee Bent’s Backroad Bash was going to be the last one. end of an era, for sure, and big thanks to him and wife Anna for so many wonderful memories over all those years … :gsxrgrl

some Sierra granite slab, above Hwy 108 near the Donnell Vista, during Saturday’s ride:

1374CA34-3C10-4514-AE25-6D6B2E4C9287 by San Francisco Motorcycle Club, on Flickr

Back