• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Heh, I guess if you're not on the clock. They did stack it all neatly by the side of the road.

I love this bike.

Attachments

• IMG_20221127_202007.jpg
    IMG_20221127_202007.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 24
that drone YouTube vid on Knoxville-Berryessa Rd is epic, Mr Twinstar! :thumbup

High praise indeed SFMCjohn, much appreciated! And your camping pics are making me want to take my '05 KLR out for her first overnighter lol. :bbq

Last edited:
Morgan Territory Road

San Antonio Valley Road - I was amused that someone cut just enough of the tree away to make it one lane passable.

Nice spots and nice shots, Nate.

Finally worked up the resolve to adjust the valves and to change oil/filter; what a hassle. Looked all over the garage for the spark plug socket which turned out to be right in front of my face the whole time. At least I have a better idea where things are now.

Hicks Rd

K3N1xQU.jpg

RsoEry0.jpg

rSQUYFy.jpg

Last edited:
So much fun to ride in the rain, so much mess to clean up afterwards.

Quimby

lUrjThT.jpg

Mt Hamilton

JVyTZAX.jpg

CA90RLl.jpg

vPCaWtT.jpg

42nd annual SLO county Toy Run, smallest no rain turnout I've seen.
Is this the end? It all runs automatic, posted only on facyplace, show up in Avila Beach 7:30 am, sometime after 10:30 the ride to the party, deliver the toys, get pin, food, then hang out for the rest of the day. Today, band plays, bar is open, limited seating, BBQ is done, waiting to be served.
Past two years I haven't waited until food is served, can't say when was served, but I did wait until 12:30 to leave last year, this year I stayed for 20 minutes.
Tri-tip, beans, salad, & buttered bread, ready when we get there, normal fare.

The raffle baskets maybe what saves this event, as a money maker, not my bag to wait for this either. With the pile of donations today, anyone buying tickets, would need a car to haul the stuff home. ????

Attachments

• IMG_4552.jpg
    IMG_4552.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4554.jpg
    IMG_4554.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4553.jpg
    IMG_4553.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
That's the right bike for the rain, I'm not sure I've ever considered rain riding fun, mostly because I'm thinking about all the clean up work I'll have to do on the bike. It's a good way to work on being smooth and focused in the turns though! I too wonder how often you are stopping for photos or if you plan them in advance. I find I blow by more good photo spots than I stop for, and often I'll wanna stop, but I just got past a car and don't want to have them catch me.

somewhere into section 2 of the CABDR

DsjK9rI.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Near Cerro Gordo, Mt. Whitney above left mirror
aZwmzvG.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Reward Mine
7QBNb1u.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

west of Big Pine
Ntv20S3.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Nice, and maybe a bit cold? I tried and failed to get up to the reward mine when I did this, and I was on a much smaller bike!

We went in almost 1/2 mile and it started to go down hill deeper. We decided that was all we needed!! It was a really cool experience!

Very cool indeed :cool (probably literally)
I would most likely be creeped out by the notion of going in there but would be overpowered by my sense of adventure and gone in anyway.

Nice, and maybe a bit cold? I tried and failed to get up to the reward mine when I did this, and I was on a much smaller bike!

It was actually much warmer inside! Felt good!!! When we left Lone Pine to go into Alabama Hills it was upper 30's and light rain so it felt really warm to get into the mine. Didn't look but probably upper 50's.

We did a hotel in Lone Pine for 2 nights so we could leave our luggage and It was going to rain a lot. so we rode towards Benton and came back to Lone Pine!

Rain eased up around 9 am to make spectacular traction everywhere! Just had to watch the rocks!! (What rocks? I don't see no stinking rocks!)

Back