• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Damn, I really would have liked to have ridden into the mine. Oh well, that's a BDR I will do again given it's relative accessibility to us CA residents. Good call on basing out of Lone Pine, I liked that town and the final day to Benton was pretty short / easy.

That mine is a hell of a location.

Cool stuff MTERK! :thumbup

That mine is a hell of a location.

Cool stuff MTERK! :thumbup

Thanks Budman! It is a little rocky on the way up. Makes you wonder " why the heck would anyone come here and dig?"

I took lots of videos, until a boo boo broke my chin mount, and about half were corrupt! Video would start then stop but sound would continue. Ever had that issue????

qTFbaJX.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Not that I am aware of, but still have some vids to download. I responded to your Go Pro issues thread. :Port

Mojave Desert

Attachments

• IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 2
Makes you wonder " why the heck would anyone come here and dig?"

Indeed. I've always wondered that.

What about the area possessed someone to pack up their donkey and hike into that spot and start hammering a hole in the ground.

There's another place, near Death Valley. It's a bit infamous.

Called Beveridge. It's REALLY hard to get to. They had to install a tramway to get the ore out of that valley. It is not a hike for the faint hearted.

But someone, somewhere, sometime, wandering around the Saline Valley desert wilderness either stumbled upon, or decided to go down into the valley and found something worth digging up.

Just hard to imagine that life they were leading.

Indeed. I've always wondered that.

What about the area possessed someone to pack up their donkey and hike into that spot and start hammering a hole in the ground.

There's another place, near Death Valley. It's a bit infamous.

Called Beveridge. It's REALLY hard to get to. They had to install a tramway to get the ore out of that valley. It is not a hike for the faint hearted.

But someone, somewhere, sometime, wandering around the Saline Valley desert wilderness either stumbled upon, or decided to go down into the valley and found something worth digging up.

Just hard to imagine that life they were leading.

Learned about Beveridge today! Never heard of it before. It is very close to Cerro Gordo. Yeah, they were some tough dudes back then!

Had to ride my bike down to mountain view today so I decided a picture was in order on the way home.

AL9nZEV0QIBd0v4OeSmpgeEiKr5Sz7yIkqUWdoGZN7RcI680nE6aWk9W5JaBgIwWnfj0ybu-4XtHg2A35ZsOF4lBb4N8G6H49uTfZ5dEe_yO1mjv2uLqPxvOcdEc1hBhIM_fUljey-SiyA3Xa9ZjFqws4ZhcmA=w1030-no

I wasn't sure how to answer the "how often do you stop?" question at first. "Whenever I feel like it," came to mind, if I see something interesting. In practice, 5-6 stops like today are no problem, beyond that it begins to feel like more work than I'd like.

Lodge Rd

wW3qpI9.jpg

TKUIDv7.jpg

6uMJOEJ.jpg

Hwy 236. I didn't expect much photo opportunities but the sunset and the fog looked very pretty, so here you go.

IPhAmxE.jpg

BfjFHGg.jpg

R8ZG0bO.jpg

95cnkKe.jpg

Sb5Oem5.jpg

Love the pic with the bikes lights on in the fog. :thumbup

Movie material thanks to the leaning trees.

Those fog pics are great! Next question, do you pick roads for the pictures or the ride? Seems like your riding roads that don't go through, or you know more about those roads than Google Maps does...

I rode up Mt. Hamilton today...

KWKn2GJ.jpeg

cUPraWr.jpeg

This was one of many down trees dropping down into San Antonio Valley and on Mines.
XIgofLO.jpeg

Those fog pics are great! Next question, do you pick roads for the pictures or the ride? Seems like your riding roads that don't go through, or you know more about those roads than Google Maps does...

2 sides of the same coin. Most of the time I pick a route and keep my head on a swivel for photo opportunities. Some times I want to explore an area and pick a good route to get there.

I rode up Mt. Hamilton today...

:thumbup

Did you have to remove your glove(s) each time to take a picture, or do you have gloves that can operate phone touch screens? It's hard to put a wet glove back on after taking photos, and doing that repeatedly was the biggest pain of rain rides for me.

I was pining to get out in the rain all day, but it took me several days to dry my wet gloves and boots last week and I didn't want to go thru with that again, so I headed out for Mt Hamilton in my car at 4pm. It felt slower (not the speed, but the perception of time) and not as fun as on a bike, but dry hands and feet were my consolation. Still beats sitting at home.

Granted, these are not ride photos, but these were what you would see if you rode up late this afternoon.

josDBSj.jpg

lZUfNrp.jpg

ftDflLq.jpg

BfoKI9B.jpg

xjTgZAB.jpg

sS70Bnn.jpg

Y8Am2yR.jpg

Last edited:
Looks chilly, but I bet you had the roads largely to yourself!

Heated gear and Gore Tex, FTW!

Did you have to remove your glove(s) each time to take a picture, or do you have gloves that can operate phone touch screens? It's hard to put a wet glove back on after taking photos, and doing that repeatedly was the biggest pain of rain rides for me. ]

I had to take my gloves off...and yes, it was a pain in the ass getting them back on.

Last edited:
I was pining to get out in the rain all day, but it took me several days to dry my wet gloves and boots last week and I didn't want to go thru with that again…

Simple solution, extra gloves, boots, jackets…
Over the years I’ve ended up with four of each cause you never know what the weather will be and some gear is more suited to different type of rides.

Strats... you picked a fine day.

Dirty 130 living up to its name.

Cool pics guys.

Simple solution, extra gloves, boots, jackets…

Until they're disposable, you'd still have to clean and dry them.

Exploring south San Jose. So many places to see off the main roads.

Martial Cottle Park

7HDuBbM.jpg

VTA lightrail Snell Station

tT9S1ca.jpg

Mineta Pocket Park

MLPYe0u.jpg

Ascent Apartments

wfWvEjF.jpg

Near VTA Lightrail Santa Teresa Station

b4p1U83.jpg

PfddNYj.jpg

Last edited:
VTA light rail Santa Teresa Station - the end of the line.

3eTYzaQ.jpg

Bernal Rd

hG2O0wz.jpg

npk0u7B.jpg

Santa Teresa Golf Course

iHFAMoH.jpg

Black Mountain Bowmen Archery Club

8DnSBBC.jpg

NT1EPMt.jpg

Last edited:
Back