• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

The 701's been great! Bummer about your "just Ducati things." Nice shots, though and nice to see your Hyper out and about!

Picked up this 2012 Street Triple R yesterday. Detoured through some northern Delta roads on the way home. (Apology for no muscle cars in the following photos.)

:laughing

From a few weeks ago

qb2gYvB.jpg

msexbfE.jpg

After the last ride on the 690. For such a light bike it's very hard on the rear tire; only got 3,561 miles out of this Angel ST. (Got almost 6k mi out of a Bridgestone T31 on the 690 before.)

UQSMRd0.jpg

After the last ride on the 690. For such a light bike it's very hard on the rear tire; only got 3,561 miles out of this Angel ST. (Got almost 6k mi out of a Bridgestone T31 on the 690 before.)

I've seen the KTM ads. I mean, no wonder. Those things give the AQMD nightmares. No surprise your tire looks like that.

I got 5000 miles from the OE supercorsa on my speedtriple. Could have maybe squeezed another 1000 from it but was taking a trip so switch out a bit early.
Got similar mileage from a supercorsa on my hyper.

The 701's been great! Bummer about your "just Ducati things." Nice shots, though and nice to see your Hyper out and about!

Thanks it's annoying and makes me a bit nervous whenever I am on the freeway I end up riding super chill with an eye on escape routes. Never happens when I'm ripping around on backroads, but I'll never take it to the track as loosing power and throttle on a flat out straight would be really bad. If I can resolve the issue this year I'll probably sell it or part it out to pay for a KTM SMT.

I got 5000 miles from the OE supercorsa on my speedtriple. Could have maybe squeezed another 1000 from it but was taking a trip so switch out a bit early.
Got similar mileage from a supercorsa on my hyper.

I'm a big, heavy sail on my naked bikes, so I don't see much mileage out of the rear, maybe 4k on sport tires at best and 6k on sport touring rubber.

KTM needed some exercise so I took it for a spin around SF yesterday, despite being very similar to the hyper, it's a different ride entirely.

ABLVV86eiulN-8Lhxc5tKDv1fozouYeFcv3Mm6f6IKZQ5ZKoKgQt3E6stgpS8X58ghSTWy90bwLTdkN07fuj2C-mHqzCQnCL2OnwSlxOrGGnYM08wCSbQb8qZhc-avA5o800_q_A-La167iJ4j6twZBIqVwxcA=w1088-no-gm

I don’t ride in the rain so don’t need sport touring rubber. I could probably stick with the sticky stuff given the mileage I get from them but they need heat to work properly and I do a lot of short rides. So the Rosso III’s are probably the ideal. Plus a sport bike should have rubber that looks like it belongs on a sport bike.

For such a light bike it's very hard on the rear tire

A big thumper delivers a big wallop of strain on the tire patch, then rests for a longer duration until the next pulse.

An inline-4 spreads that strain out into four lighter pushes, over four different patches of tire.

One method is harder on tire life than the other.

Putting around town for two weeks or 151 miles earned me another tank o' go juice, paying the penalty.

Los Osos, & Morro's marsh, suffering from a proscribed burn in Avila, continuing today, smoke up last of the good weather, before the big rain.

Thanks Ca. State Parks, reminds me of the stink of summer, , ,:thumbdown

Attachments

• IMG_5635.jpg
    IMG_5635.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5637.jpg
    IMG_5637.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5638.jpg
    IMG_5638.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Since my house is almost always the final destination, here is the new ride/project on location. 1974 Honda CB350four.
I had one in the '70's, and have been waiting for the previous owner of THIS one to sell it to me. Today was the day.
It needs some love, but i had it running after about 10 minutes and a little ether.

Attachments

• CB350f 1.jpg
    CB350f 1.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 7
Nice day out on the Hyper even if it did throw a CEL and lost power on 280 on the way home... just Ducati things.

Thanks it's annoying and makes me a bit nervous whenever I am on the freeway I end up riding super chill with an eye on escape routes. Never happens when I'm ripping around on backroads, but I'll never take it to the track as loosing power and throttle on a flat out straight would be really bad. If I can resolve the issue this year I'll probably sell it or part it out to pay for a KTM SMT.

That's outright unacceptable, isn't it? Thankfully it's never happened to my Multistrada, but I experienced random power loss and engine shut down multiple times on a rented KTM 1290 SAS, so it's a KTM thing too. With KTM some people suspect low battery voltage being a cause, but I don't fully buy that.

Mt Hamilton

XF1mUAp.jpg

EtlaiK0.jpg

8f1SIL6.jpg

8CE0bkh.jpg

Since my house is almost always the final destination, here is the new ride/project on location. 1974 Honda CB350four.
I had one in the '70's, and have been waiting for the previous owner of THIS one to sell it to me. Today was the day.
It needs some love, but i had it running after about 10 minutes and a little ether.

Very cool :thumbup Looking forward to more on this bike.

Is that the stock seat?

I still remember a friend's brother pulling up on a brand new one of those, same color, in 1971 or so in Belgium.

Engine sounded like a jewel if that makes any sense.

I got a Seca 550 decades later and while it was similar design lacked the aura I felt that day seeing/hearing the CB 350.

Have fun.

Out for groceries, found these two in front of Taco Temple. Possible players, if Hwy 1 ever opens to Big Sur.

Montana Del Oro State Park, pix from my last post, pretty curls, minimal smoke today, but the clouds set a moody scene at times.

Attachments

• IMG_5647.jpg
    IMG_5647.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5644.jpg
    IMG_5644.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5641.jpg
    IMG_5641.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 3
Couple of surfers out on this point, with some clean rides.

Working my way back, just inside the Oro/gold State Park.

And home, the west end of my mobile/rv park

Attachments

• IMG_5650.jpg
    IMG_5650.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5654.jpg
    IMG_5654.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5656.jpg
    IMG_5656.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 0
Possible players, if Hwy 1 ever opens to Big Sur.

That's a photo I want to see.

You three, hunched over, knee down (or, foot out? I dunno) in a hairpin on Hwy 1, with the beauty of the CA Coastline in the background. Like a motorcycle magazine cover shot.

"Battle of the Mini-Bangers!"

That's got winner all over it.

Quick Delta ride on Saturday. The J-Mack ferry was closed so I ended up doing a lap of Ryer Island before heading back north.

Elevator Road and CA Hwy 84

IMG_1636-X2.jpg

Babel Slough Road just east of the water ski club.

IMG_1643-X2.jpg

Back