• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Top end of Metcalf Rd

2mzP1sc.jpg

UJ4pz6B.jpg

ApFhO7l.jpg

Around Monterey Rd, near San Martin

6MVvKA2.jpg

kQDhGcn.jpg

JFwm6uE.jpg

Someone's building a dream home. Looks big, over 4000 sf ?

EcDmigp.jpg

Hwy 25. They fixed the section with this go-around so this go-around is no longer used.

dsoShZC.jpg

Peach Tree Rd. There was a Road Closed sign at the 198 junction. Naturally, I went ahead to see if I could get thru it. It turned out there was no road work anywhere. I hate those lying signs.

SnQKqFT.jpg

The end of Peach Tree, the beginning of Indian Valley.

2S3zN2x.jpg

Indian Valley Rd. I rode this road a long time ago and didn't think it was that special, but today I thought it was pretty and fun to ride.

TmJYpC3.jpg

q7UsB10.jpg

NzNFoWv.jpg

River Rd in San Miguel

08LSET5.jpg

Thanks budman

Pozo

UEcwgWe.jpg

d06LIXe.jpg

I wanted to see if I could take Pozo Rd in the NE direction and connect to Hwy 58. Naturally, a sign on Pozo side says the road's closed. I was a little concerned about the difficult of the dirt road, which turned out to be be fairly tame...at least the part I got to see before I turned around.

L1OYZUZ.jpg

fmVCSV8.jpg

These off-road trails look nuts

gwnJ9fk.jpg

B0XXXuS.jpg

7 miles in from the sign in the 3rd pic. I turned around here. No experience with mud, didn't want to chance it.

uka0Q1S.jpg

3DImabn.jpg

The area east of Santa Margarita

River Rd

tRZ1k4B.jpg

Park Hill Rd

UafTgAj.jpg

Las Palitas Rd

AHHXq2r.jpg

ZnP7Rt9.jpg

Hwy 58

k63DDnn.jpg

Dang Gary, you have been busy down here in my 'hood. I imagine you checked, Parkfield does close for most of Dec.

I have done the Poso to 58, it does go thru, no big road issues, just dirt. :thumbup

I got out for a Christmas Day urban ADV ride in the East Bay...this is the third year I've done this ride--each time on a different bike, it turns out!

The Wall
Cj51eDt.jpeg

Point Molate
ei4h3pL.jpeg

zuhF6Gk.jpeg

Point San Pablo
4bd2iIc.jpeg

Kaiser Shipyards
0iPo8H4.jpeg

99e3RZ3.jpeg

mXfqTb6.jpeg

7REGws8.jpeg

Middle Harbor Shoreline Park
UjUlBSW.jpeg

Vwook0q.jpeg

USS Hornet
phh9tGv.jpeg

Merry Christmas, er'body!

We're staying in Paso Robles for a few days so I'm checking out roads I've not been to further south.

(About Hwy 229, aka Rossi's Driveway - such a cool nickname but it was a bit of a let down. Nice asphalt and good flow on the south end, but Hwy 121 near Lake Berryessa is much more fun to ride.)

Carrizo Plain. I took Soda Lake Rd from Hwy 58 to Hwy 166.

3gO58ED.jpg

OXKnPd4.jpg

BeKKAXE.jpg

6JulFl4.jpg

L1VIdFK.jpg

More Corrizo Plain.

The riding (on the mostly flat Soda Lake Rd) and the scenery were so so until close to Hwy 166. I didn't have time to explore the side dirt roads.

7ik7SrP.jpg

uFLL43V.jpg

oIiv257.jpg

K3pnRTP.jpg

Y0Wk2OT.jpg

New Cuyama. Glad to find gas here, and surprised how far it is to get back to Paso Robles.

gxAvn0S.jpg

fIaKm5l.jpg

aa2W7rv.jpg

Hwy 236.

Maiden ride on the Road Smart 3 rear tire, which is very sure-footed on wet roads.

15Uiis6.jpg

HNEWTHl.jpg

China Grade

P3obave.jpg

sbVxrRu.jpg

DycF1c1.jpg

Big swells, & high tide, smashing against the breakwater, for days, salt haze.
Harbor Master on tv last nite warning about sneaker waves, washing "our out of town visitors" out to sea.
One thing I would have appreciated in knowing, the Harbor Master has decided to close the Embarcadero @ the stacks. No info on this until you are stuck turning around @ the stacks. Waisted 20 minutes on the bike getting in and back out.

Another news item was about destroying used up boats @ the boat ramp, we got the big four, cement, steel, wood, and fiberglass boats for the big munch, , ,

Attachments

• IMG_5673.jpg
    IMG_5673.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5674.jpg
    IMG_5674.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5677.jpg
    IMG_5677.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 2
Back