Photos of your bike on location

The color scheme on your GS works in all conditions. :thumbup

mw0MZq0.jpg

Snuck out to catch some spring color in the northern Delta.

STR3_cburg2-XL.jpg

The color scheme on your GS works in all conditions. :thumbup

Dark grey/black/silver are classic GS colors, but I'm getting used to the brighter HP color scheme.

Rented this Tuareg from SF. I love it, perfect for today's ride on many wet, rough roads. So easy and confidence inspiring to ride hard immediately, similar to Tenere 700 in that regard, but feels more premium. The Scorpion Rally STR tires have great grip; traction was never a problem on wet roads all day. The transmission is notchy in the lower gears, hard to find neutral.

San Rafael

aPdPbH8.jpg

Alpine Dam

uI1vHdH.jpg

Willow Creek Rd

as90LGb.jpg

GFejXby.jpg

dnYh0L7.jpg

Last edited:
Continued on Willow Creek Rd. The road ends at a gate 4 miles in.

YV2Potz.jpg

aVB5XdV.jpg

6cQyC9S.jpg

aZX2ldh.jpg

MwWdgDx.jpg

Last edited:
@gary856 - You post up interesting locations, do you plan your routes in advance or just head out and turn down roads to see what's there?

Leslie Gulch, OR

The BLM sign says:
Leslie Gulch
Named for Silver City pioneer Hiram Leslie who was killed by lightning here in 1882. These colorful formations of Volcanic ash have been spectacularly carved by erosion. Lake Owyhee 8 miles.
XAN2Rec.jpg

Some of the formations. Of course, a car came up the road right after I took this and I had to hustle to unblock the road.
87cf1Ng.jpg

More of the rock formations.
R7UoNVx.jpg

I've never seen the lake this full. Those three rafts had just finished a 5-day trip from Rome, OR to here. Good thing they had motors, because the last 15-20 miles of the 70 or so mile river trip was in the lake.
tSFQ22c.jpg

Love it when still green ^^^

Up on the ridge above Stonyford

Those Hondas (and a Dufukingcati) take folks to great places

I look at Google Maps for ideas and usually have a good idea where I'd like to be by the time I head out.

Milpitas

vrKc0cU.jpg

Calaveras Rd

wmD9Jzq.jpg

Decent weather today, so I decided to do 'The Loop'.
Started from home in Eureka, rode south on 101 to HWY 36.
36 east to HWY 3 north.
3 north to 299 at Douglas City, then on to Weaverville.
Picture.
299 west back to 101 and home.
247 miles and 4-1/2 hours. Very little traffic today.
I feel better now.

Attachments

• Weaverville today.jpg
    Weaverville today.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 10
Amazing photos up there^^^

Portland

yLSgK34.jpg

Julian's bike at the same location

qIBNJ0x.jpg

Some of the formations. Of course, a car came up the road right after I took this and I had to hustle to unblock the road.

Perfect spot, nice shot. :thumbup

Up on the ridge above Stonyford

Quiet and beautiful view with the diffused sunlight. :thumbup

Mt Madonna Rd. Took me a moment to realize what I was seeing.

3OwCfiW.jpg

Hazel Dell. Took a while but they fixed this section nicely.

8NjEtHz.jpg

Redwood Lodge Rd. Talked to someone here who said that Mountain Charlie Rd got washed out and it's a higher priority for the county to fix than this bridge here, so Mountain Charlie became my next destination.

P9uRxiZ.jpg

Soquel San Jose Rd

sFW3DNH.jpg

Schulties Rd. I just found that the rear auxiliary tank is a $2,500 option, holds about 2 gallons, but it takes up where saddle bags normally go. It's pretty trick, glad I happened to ask before the ride - when the front tank is empty, you'd go to the menu to activate "fuel transfer", an blinking icon appears on the dash showing fuel transfer is underway, and a pump transfers gas from the rear tank to the front. (BTW, I heard the optional Ducati exhaust with remap costs $4,500. :wtf)

ZQRyTFw.jpg

ababOOD.jpg

Mountain Charlie Rd. 1.5 miles down from Summit Rd.

JJCateg.jpg

PP8diy4.jpg

Lower Hutchinson Rd

kvpfMzk.jpg

China Grade. This guy came prepared - he carried a cordless electric mini-chainsaw in his truck. I helped him pull the branches off the road. Took about 5 minutes.

7u0b2uh.jpg

^^:thumbup

would you own a Desert X?

channeling Mr Cabrito:

picture.php

Marin County, 5:05 am, 04/21/24.

also: “Welcome to Weaverville” for the win! :party

Last edited:
Back