Photos of your bike on location

Behind the Legion of Honor here in the city

Headed out for the first long ride yesterday after several upgrades (heated grips, new front rotor, new water pump seals because it was leaking, new radiator hoses, $10 laminar lip (which works great), new clutch springs (since I had the side cover off for the water pump), new tires, new battery, replaced the main fuses with blades and relocated the fuse box, switched power for the grips and the usb charger, carb clean and float needle replacement, with a minor adjustment to the jet screw). Worked great!

pre-gen KLR for the win! :thumbup:laughing

that’s an impressive maintenance/upgrade list … :ride

guess I’m on a Golden Gate Bridge kick the last couple weeks, here’s a pic of my 2000 pre-gen:

picture.php

Kirby Cove Campground, site #1, GGNRA, Marin County, California, 1:52 pm, 04/29/24.

Last edited:
tomales and the stinson beach overlook.

Attachments

• IMG_5140.jpg
    IMG_5140.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5141.jpg
    IMG_5141.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 4
pre-gen KLR for the win! :thumbup:laughing

that’s an impressive maintenance/upgrade list … :ride

guess I’m on a Golden Gate Bridge kick the last couple weeks, here’s a pic of my 2000 pre-gen:

Kirby Cove Campground, site #1, GGNRA, Marin County, California, 1:52 pm, 04/29/24.

Thanks SFMCjohn! I agree with others, that is a great campsite. AND, Im glad to see the KLR up and running. Nice.

Goaty roads transformed my turn signals into dingle berries...

I replaced both front and rear turn signals on my 950SM within the last year. The stems aged out. I love this bike.

Mt Hamilton

rIngKSs.jpg

Taylor St near SJ Japan Town

gwcZjCR.jpg

ZhZhIH2.jpg

Guess I'll be doing the same, but for this weekend, I'll prop them up with electrical tape :-D

It was a day out worth of killing them.

Marshall - Petaluma Road

AP1GczMBvZv2Rmo8gi2CqnJqOdYOwgKxnPSBY3sTxVd2M7XTZ3KnrLolcIYvd1l1ZdJZxoUoZ7BKID0ykPqv9B_qydYBw-ExAz_Z5j5igBxNecYultx1BtboUtwo5cUS6lOEy-h-15DzT1RQw7lhcEGD_EV0nQ=w1071-no-gm

I did the black electrical tape on the turn signals too. Now that I think about it, would've been better to splint it with a couple of icicle sticks under the tape.

Hwy 9. Rose Market in Saratoga closed due to issues with the landlord. Shame, we've been going there for Persian take-out forever, and I loved that location for the homey vibe. Hope they find a new location nearby.

FzjchEL.jpg

eKiqFAE.jpg

Always fun to be on China Grade. Although the FZ1 isn't at it's best on this rough road, I couldn't complain when merely twisting the throttle got my up the hill.

wj38e7h.jpg

Last edited:
Bachman Grade or Bust

First rest stop. The goal is to go over the Owyhee Mountains in the background over one of the easier passes.
Z5pqHZK.jpg

This is the sign as soon as the pavement ends at the north end of Bachman Grade. We went a little ways up the road, but not as far as wherever it was closed.
g8y5Fuq.jpg

Another rest stop. Beautiful view from here.
K1VJcL3.jpg

picture.php

Hurricane Road, Temblor Range, Carrizo Plain National Monument, San Lois Obispo County, California, 4:10 pm, 05/02/24.

Last edited:
Mountain Charlie Rd from the lower side up. Heard this would cost $5M but no budget until next year, and it might take 1-3 year to fix. Some simple grading would allow a moto to ride thru.

HqunZlH.jpg

picture.php

Temblor Ridge, San Louis Obispo County, California, 6:10 am, 05/03/24, on my way to the BARF Pit Ho Rally in Taft, CA. :ride

Last edited:
Back