• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Gears of War Collector's Edition - Outsider Variant. GoW 4 steel box, with season pass, gear pack, and all the GoW games digital codes, lithograph card, frag gernade key chain, two batteries (I haven't figured out what they're for yet) and,
Hella Cool Motorcycle Figure

31772680562_9a1c25f369_o.jpg

31772675352_d488991b13_o.jpg

31080130644_06ee1ee38f_o.jpg

31080126104_a89ca8a263_o.jpg

31080120104_79eff52cc8_o.jpg

31080114934_9ba2e087f4_o.jpg

31803795501_cbe3a8d20c_o.jpg

#479 of 1008, if that even means anything, BUT all of it for ...... $80. nice......

I found out where to put the batteries, it lights up! So cool looking in the dark. hahahaha

Last edited:
Engine is staying until I get through the registration process. Then its SMOG exempt ready for an LFX. :D

Tell me more about this motor. Why a big V6 vs a Small (302 or LS) V8? I have to think the aftermarket parts availability would be easier with the V8. How limited are you with space? I'm thinking an all aluminum smallish V8. Is it gonna be turbo time with the 6? I love Turbos but the exhaust work and cooling will be pricey, for me that would push things towards a small V8. Rad project either way. Is their a dedicated thread for it somewhere else?

Edit, looks like that motor is rated anywhere from about 280-320 HP depending on where its sourced. Plenty of go for such a light car. I still think it might be tricky to get support for compared to a domestic V8. It might be more expensive too. Did you find a junkyard gem?

Last edited:
Yesterday's purchase.

I sold my 01' Dodge Ram for $4k and bought this 03' e46 for $3700 :teeth

Attachments

• 330i 1.jpg
    330i 1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 53
Tell me more about this motor. Why a big V6 vs a Small (302 or LS) V8? I have to think the aftermarket parts availability would be easier with the V8. How limited are you with space? I'm thinking an all aluminum smallish V8. Is it gonna be turbo time with the 6? I love Turbos but the exhaust work and cooling will be pricey, for me that would push things towards a small V8. Rad project either way. Is their a dedicated thread for it somewhere else?

Edit, looks like that motor is rated anywhere from about 280-320 HP depending on where its sourced. Plenty of go for such a light car. I still think it might be tricky to get support for compared to a domestic V8. It might be more expensive too. Did you find a junkyard gem?

Yup, plenty of go. Like you, I don't like the idea of boost for a tracked car. For the earlier NA / NB Miata platform, boost has a pretty low limit before needing a built block ( about 250HP ). Some parts of the drive train start going around there too and around 300-350HP you're going to be regularly replacing transmission.

There's other options for Miata like K24A2 which is a bolt in 220HP with a huge aftermarket that makes my JDM inner child drool, but will also need to be built ( maybe on E85 gas ) as well to get to the 300-350HP range. It reuses the Miata drive train as well to save cost so again prone to failures at the higher HP range.

That leaves us with complete power train swap. Either LS or LFX. LS swap in Miatas are about $15k and form what I've seen, it 'fits' Exocets but need some frame modifications ( read more $$$ ). I have only heard of two LS swap and one was pretty hefty priced. The LFX could be done for about $10k, roughly triples the HP of the stock engine with basic bolt on and adds a drive train that can handle all that power. Bonus is even more weight lost compared even to the stock miata setup. For me, that's the best compromise. If I wanted more than 350HP, I would definitely go LS and be done with it.

Anyways, to not distract too much from this thread .. got these mounts for the headlights today.

61u2AYjQ54L._SL1001_.jpg

Last edited:
The Big Lebowski Steel Book Edition (and also I dug out one of my Princess Leia figures because :cry )
31830266261_d7808eb0e0_b.jpg
[/url]

Kind of a new purchase :teeth. I got a free trailer and fixed it all up, installed new sides and deck, new lights and tires. Now she is ready for sand mountain :ride

main.php

Ya pretty annoyed about it, returned it today. Had enough power, just kinda put together like junk. Guess I'll be buying a Honda, unfortunately at twice the cost. :mad

I bought a honda track blower at a garage sale for $150.00. Works great, sure the impeller looks like it was throwing rocks more than snow :laughing, but its been working good for 5 years. (obviously I dont use it as much as you do)

I just wanted to have one, just in case, and every year I pull it out (giggity) to prep it for battle if needed, always starts right up :thumbup

main.php

The bag hanging on the blower has sheer pins in it, that way I never have to search for them :thumbup

Last edited:
What manufacturer of the snowblower? Ariens is the best, IMO.

troy bilt, think it's some chinese shit that lowes carries (lowes brand?)

shame it didn't work, was still $1600. I could have fixed the damn thing but it used a handle for the height adjustment of the scooper thing. No problems there except for that it used a square drive deal for retention. Also no problem but it was way too short. I'm not going to fix something, and KEEP fixing it, for $1600 the first day i fucking buy the thing.

Anyways, called like 10 different dealers today, not a single person stocked a honda or a husky. Was told i could get a husky tomorrow or the day after so that's what I put my order in for. Husky @ $2500 + tax and the Honda for $3400+ tax. Would have gotten either if anybody had one in stock, but nobody did so this was the quickest turn around which is important since it's really finally starting to come down. I'm still not thrilled about paying that much money, but i'm done buying stuff on craigslist though so it is what it is.

Not a good time of the year for snow blower deals, thats for sure. :(

Back