• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Friend got a new Duc Multistrsda 1200 that was part of the new model launch at Pikes Peak. I doubt it was babied. :laughing

I doubt any bike is going to breakdown in the first 10-20K miles because of totally blowing the breakin procedure. Even if doing trackdays right out of the box.
Its sort of like smoking, the negative affects only show much later in life.

This deer season should be fun; I just ordered a Barnett Ghost 420. Rifle season will always be nice - but expanding to crossbow should add more of a challenge. I do like the stalk...

Attachments

• Barnett Ghost 420.jpg
    Barnett Ghost 420.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 64
I have the 'can't leave anything stock disease'

Attachments

• 20170827_102035_resized.jpg
    20170827_102035_resized.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 76
Might be jumping the "gun" here but will arrive in about one week. I'm anxious to try it out the new trigger.

Glock-17-Gen-5.jpg

Last edited:
90s Squier Super-sonic. Been searching for a cheap one for many years.

Attachments

• IMG_0907.jpg
    IMG_0907.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 56
I have several 17s and 19s coming in. Will be an easy sale. :laughing

Dude I was pissed....sorta.... I facebooked my other shop guy and go, "Punk, thanks for letting me know!". They ordered in 4, I guess 2 17s and 2 19s. I got the last one, a 17. I went in to inquire about what the new glock was,

shop guy: Oh Gen 5
me: What?
shop guy: Yeah, we have 4 coming in next week.
me: Which one?
shop guy: I don't know, "bob" knows about them. Said he ordered in 4, and already sold 3.
me: Find out and how much. Fucked it nevermind. Sold, I'll take it.
shop guy: OK, I'll put your name on it when it comes in.
me: I don't what I just bought but I'll take it.

Most likely I'll put 100 rounds through it and sell it like I did with my Glock 42, 43 and gen 4 34. Every ends up wanting my stuff so it never ends up sitting around long, like 1 -3 months. I'll definitely go back to a glock 42 though and keep a 43 around just because.

Last edited:
Up to 1000 km don't exceed 5500
Up to 2500 km don't exceed 7000
Finish you vegetables.

It doesn't show a redline so I guess once broken in I can explore where the revlimiter kicks in.

When I was on a tour of the Ducati factory we watched them assemble bikes. EVERY bike went onto a roller and was taken to red line in every gear before it left the factory. So draw your own conclusions.

Mad

When I was on a tour of the Ducati factory we watched them assemble bikes. EVERY bike went onto a roller and was taken to red line in every gear before it left the factory. So draw your own conclusions.

Mad

Every bike also comes with a manual showing a recommend breakin interval.
My bike doesn't have a redline, does have a revlimiter though, just sayin.

Here is my argument for doing it "by the book."

Modern bikes, cars, tractors, even our brand new pressure washer all have outlets for the tech to read the history of the engine

If you wind up in arbitration because your engine is not performing correctly or suffering failure one of the first things the tech will do is plug that baby into a scanning/diagnostic device.

It just doesn't seem worth it to bypass the specified break in :dunno

To do the +1 for Mad, every manufacturer flogs them over the redline on the rollers at the end of the line. Better have it break at the factory than entertain the large cost of fixing it at the dealer.

The break in procedure is a good thing but it's actually a way to keep the customer from doing something stupid on his new bike.

Me? I still take it easy on a new engine. Most take 3500 miles to loosen up.

I have several 17s and 19s coming in. Will be an easy sale. :laughing

Holy cow that was fast. Mine arrived today. However....I turned it down because they talked me into the factory upgrade ameriglo sights for just $80 more. They don't know when they'll be in stock though. They had one 17 with ameriglo sights show up and it was already spoken for. Still though, the standard ball and cup sight was a killer deal....... I had a hard time letting it go.

Back