• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Very true.

Heard way too many stories years ago about him taking all the money up front, and keeping the owner’s car for months or even a whole year. They get frustrated waiting for delivery and try to pull their car out only to have him threaten to keep a portion of the money because “parts were already ordered” or some shit.

the aftermarket auto world is a mine field

you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of somebody trying to get over by either not even attempting to do what they said they would or it's just poor workmanship. fucking sucks

Got a pretty good deal on a this sweet aluminum trailer earlier this week on Craigslist of all places. Previous owner had amazing integrity. Turned down an offer $1800 higher and waited one extra day for me to come get it vs selling to someone else because I was "first in line".

2017-10-13.png

So after my last trailer was stolen from in front of my house, bought this lock this morning to secure it. Fingers crossed.

51kR7BmAvcL.jpg

Last edited:
Got a pretty good deal on a this sweet aluminum trailer earlier this week on Craigslist of all places. Previous owner had amazing integrity. Turned down an offer $1800 higher and waited one extra day for me to come get it vs selling to someone else because I was "first in line".

2017-10-13.png

So after my last trailer was stolen from in front of my house, bought this lock this morning to secure it. Fingers crossed.

Concrete anchor to driveway. Then to frame. You might find a Free bumper one day!...

the aftermarket auto world is a mine field

you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of somebody trying to get over by either not even attempting to do what they said they would or it's just poor workmanship. fucking sucks

Well crap then I will just buy the Viper ACR. Just checked prices and damn people are proud of their used Vipers kinda like Harley owners. :teeth

So for shits n giggles i looked up a 911 turbo lease, first google pop up was $999 for 5 years and 5000 miles annually. Who the hell leases something like that for 5 years? Is that normal?

Concrete anchor to driveway. Then to frame. You might find a Free bumper one day!...

Unfortunately no space on the driveway. It's only there temporary while I purchase a good chain / lock. After that arrives, I'll need to move it off to the street and I don't think the city would look kindly into me installing anchors there. :laughing

Unfortunately no space on the driveway. It's only there temporary while I purchase a good chain / lock. After that arrives, I'll need to move it off to the street and I don't think the city would look kindly into me installing anchors there. :laughing

You can't leagaly park a trailer on the street in ca.
Without it being connected to the tow vehicle..:2cents:2cents

You can't leagaly park a trailer on the street in ca.
Without it being connected to the tow vehicle..:2cents:2cents

This was news to me so I just did some digging. Seems like the same 72 hrs abandonment law apply, same as any other vehicle. Then cities have specific ordinances which adds further restrictions. For example in LA ..

Also, a city ordinance prohibits parking trailers on city streets intended for normal vehicle parking. But Inouye said the ordinance exempts trailers less than 22 feet in length, or any trailer--regardless of length--that is designed for human habitation and used for recreation purposes, such as camping.

Source: http://articles.latimes.com/1997-04-11/local/me-47616_1_parking-trailers

I haven't found any similar ordinance for SJ.

TBH, I would be fully in support of a law that prohibit any trailers and RV parking on the street .. period. It would be more hassle for me to have my own trailer on the driveway, but if it means I don't have to walk by a row of 5-6 "homeless" R/V & trailers parked on the path where I walk with my kid everyday, it would be worth it. One of these "homeless" R/V actually tows a trailer that houses a new looking slingshot and motorcycles .. : |

Last edited:
So for shits n giggles i looked up a 911 turbo lease, first google pop up was $999 for 5 years and 5000 miles annually. Who the hell leases something like that for 5 years? Is that normal?

No idea. I would never lease a 911 turbo or any high end car for that matter.

This was news to me so I just did some digging. Seems like the same 72 hrs abandonment law apply, same as any other vehicle. Then cities have specific ordinances which adds further restrictions. For example in LA ..

I haven't found any similar ordinance for SJ.

TBH, I would be fully in support of a law that prohibit any trailers and RV parking on the street .. period. It would be more hassle for me to have my own trailer on the driveway, but if it means I don't have to walk by a row of 5-6 "homeless" R/V & trailers parked on the path where I walk with my kid everyday, it would be worth it. One of these "homeless" R/V actually tows a trailer that houses a new looking slingshot and motorcycles .. : |
Well you can allways turn it around and anchor it down in your driveway and park OnTop of it.....

Gomer did his part!

Noble Kennel Inc in Oakdale will board animals displaced by the fire as long as they're up to date on vaccines. Also taking donations. If you want to check your local Costco, there is a good deal of 55lbs of dog food for about $20 after tax.

Not pictured is the dozen brand new tennis balls from Gomer's personal collection.

Also, scored a SNES mini today. So far it's tons of fun!

Attachments

• IMG_5376.jpg
    IMG_5376.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5375.jpg
    IMG_5375.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
New Acura NSX putzing around San Ramon lately, very very nice!

GT, NSX, or R8.....all a toss up for me.

The current R8 in blue..... that's one BEAUTIFUL looking and sounding car. Saw one up at Alice's in July. Gorgeous but $200k..... I can barely afford a used first gen.

I owned a 93 NSX, still most amazing car I've ever owned. Would love to own another but they're too inflated at this point. Only vehicle I would ever consider owning twice even with all the new/used stuff out these days. Next logical upgrade, last gen Ford GT. Even those have been heavily inflated. I remember seeing those for sale around $135k used less than 10 years ago.

Last edited:
They went the wrong way with the new NSX. We don't want porky hybrid AWD turbo Hondas. We want lightweight RWD naturally aspirated driver's cars.

This current gen nsx was never supposed to be an updated more refined last nsx. NSX in itself is meant to be an exercise in all the latest and greatest in technology available at the time. Which in our generation is electronics, hybrids, awd and turbos.

Dainese New Drake Air Tex
I've tried on so many pants and never found a comfortable pair. They were too bulky, too heavy, crappy elastic waist width adjustment straps with those worthless buckles that stay in proper adjustment for maybe 2 minutes, snaps instead of a button, knee pads that cover the shin instead of the knee...
I was thinking I'd never find the right pair until I tries these. They're not perfect since Dainese continues to equip their jackets and pants with those tiny nylon zippers but this is the first pair of bike pants I've tried that fit comfortably riding or walking.

399_0.jpg

The current R8 in blue..... that's one BEAUTIFUL looking and sounding car. Saw one up at Alice's in July. Gorgeous but $200k..... I can barely afford a used first gen.

I owned a 93 NSX, still most amazing car I've ever owned. Would love to own another but they're too inflated at this point. Only vehicle I would ever consider owning twice even with all the new/used stuff out these days. Next logical upgrade, last gen Ford GT. Even those have been heavily inflated. I remember seeing those for sale around $135k used less than 10 years ago.

:thumbup

I'm interested in seeing what happens with this mid-engine Corvette that's floating around...there's speculation it may get a hybrid powertrain as well, but hopefully they'll remain true to the V8 tradition.

Back