• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

:thumbup

I'm interested in seeing what happens with this mid-engine Corvette that's floating around...there's speculation it may get a hybrid powertrain as well, but hopefully they'll remain true to the V8 tradition.

The engine is already a known thing. 6.2 V8....but DOHC.

All this porsche talk has me looking...like an idiot. The leases are so fucking expensive makes more sense to buy one a couple years old... which is also expensive as fuck.

All this porsche talk has me looking...like an idiot. The leases are so fucking expensive makes more sense to buy one a couple years old... which is also expensive as fuck.

Another way to look at it and is what I do a lot of times. Suppose you want to dump $100K into a Porsche or invest it at 8% per year, maybe that's optimistic but just suppose... 20 years from now you could have the memories of the speeding tickets you got in that 911 or $466K. What do you think the 20 year older version of you would have wanted you to do?

I gotta get off these forums, they're killing me!

SlXvQlHl.png

Another way to look at it and is what I do a lot of times. Suppose you want to dump $100K into a Porsche or invest it at 8% per year, maybe that's optimistic but just suppose... 20 years from now you could have the memories of the speeding tickets you got in that 911 or $466K. What do you think the 20 year older version of you would have wanted you to do?

Honestly, dont know. Feel like I've actually been fairly financially responsible over my adult life. It's great in its own way, but not really something memories are made of. I'm just day dreaming at this point, push come to shove I'm probably too scared to drop that kind of coin on a car that I'd be mostly just worried about getting dinged in a parking lot. Corvette makes the most sense, but who doesn't have one of those? :)twofinger rob)

Honestly, dont know. Feel like I've actually been fairly financially responsible over my adult life. It's great in its own way, but not really something memories are made of. I'm just day dreaming at this point, push come to shove I'm probably too scared to drop that kind of coin on a car that I'd be mostly just worried about getting dinged in a parking lot. Corvette makes the most sense, but who doesn't have one of those? :)twofinger rob)

Actually the memories of the pootie tang you could get in that car might be worth it.

Makes sense. Then again isn't that how a mid life crisis is also created? Then with your $466k you finally buy that car you've been drooling abound 20 years ago.

Last edited:
Makes sense. Then again isn't that how a mid life crisis is also created? Then with your $466k you finally buy that car you've been drooling abound 20 years ago.

Depending on the car though .. that $100k car from 20 years ago might be way more than $466k now.

I know Oakley doesn’t make tires. So what is that “O” in the center of the tread there?

Chain brush, Cleaner and Wax. Amazon.

Attachments

• IMG_6848.jpg
    IMG_6848.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 54
Back