• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Because the transmission in my 14 year old Mazda 6 grenaded...
25298997728_48aaec5589_o.jpg

Last edited:
Imaging would be a lot better if you can find a way to get some space between the center and those L/R speakers. The sub could definitely do more with the port facing the wall or even better, a corner. But it’s probably strong enough to fill where it sits. Certainly looks good there.

Was a big fan of Klipsch back in the day. Had a fucking bosstastic 5.1 setup using those massive KLF series speakers 15 or so years back.

So put the sub in "backwards" and it sounds fine this way. Lets me close that door without it rattling all of the place too which was the biggest bonus. Not 100 percent sure it sounds better facing this direction but if there's a slight offset in the audio quality it's more than made up for by having that door closed and no more rattles. Also have it phased 180 out which was noticably beneficial for this particular set up.

You're also 100% right on the L and R speakers needing to be further apart. Really hard to discern from the center channel right now. Unfortunately i don't think i'll really be able to fix this at my current place just because of space limitations. Oh well, just a 6 months lease :laughing

So put the sub in "backwards" and it sounds fine this way. Lets me close that door without it rattling all of the place too which was the biggest bonus. Not 100 percent sure it sounds better facing this direction but if there's a slight offset in the audio quality it's more than made up for by having that door closed and no more rattles. Also have it phased 180 out which was noticably beneficial for this particular set up.

You're also 100% right on the L and R speakers needing to be further apart. Really hard to discern from the center channel right now. Unfortunately i don't think i'll really be able to fix this at my current place just because of space limitations. Oh well, just a 6 months lease :laughing

Could maybe try dialing down the level of the center channel if the receiver allows that. I’m sure it’s just overwhelming the L/R being so close.

Could maybe try dialing down the level of the center channel if the receiver allows that. I’m sure it’s just overwhelming the L/R being so close.

Ran audysey (sp?) and it actually turned my center down way more than i found bearable. Couldn't make any dialogue out anymore. Rest of the levels and crossovers were pretty good. Had to bump the center back up though.

Maybe what i wrote was a bit confusing. I can tell that what I'm listening to is coming out of the L or R fronts, it's just that it doesn't "feel" really L or R because of how close to center they are. Probably need to get pushed out another 2' or so in both directions.

Ran audysey (sp?) and it actually turned my center down way more than i found bearable. Couldn't make any dialogue out anymore. Rest of the levels and crossovers were pretty good. Had to bump the center back up though.

Maybe what i wrote was a bit confusing. I can tell that what I'm listening to is coming out of the L or R fronts, it's just that it doesn't "feel" really L or R because of how close to center they are. Probably need to get pushed out another 2' or so in both directions.

You’re probably fucked. But one last cheat you can try is to angle the L and R away from center. Sound quality for sure takes a hit, but in some situations it can add “space” to the image.

It's a separation issues. Does your 'pre-pro' have a microphone that hears each speaker when doing the setup? If so, you can turn the LF and RF speakers toward the wall behind them, at a 45 degree angle away from the TV, and re run the setup for proper volume, and see if that doesn't work well for the time being. It's called direct reflecting, and some speaker manufactures built an entire line for this. Think Bose 901, 501, etc. Let us know if it helps.

Back