• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

It's a separation issues. Does your 'pre-pro' have a microphone that hears each speaker when doing the setup? If so, you can turn the LF and RF speakers toward the wall behind them, at a 45 degree angle away from the TV, and re run the setup for proper volume, and see if that doesn't work well for the time being. It's called direct reflecting, and some speaker manufactures built an entire line for this. Think Bose 901, 501, etc. Let us know if it helps.

So driver facing the wall more than the listener? At 45* away from the TV? Cant even picture in my mind how this would work but ill give it a shot :laughing

Yes have a mic

It's a separation issues. Does your 'pre-pro' have a microphone that hears each speaker when doing the setup? If so, you can turn the LF and RF speakers toward the wall behind them, at a 45 degree angle away from the TV, and re run the setup for proper volume, and see if that doesn't work well for the time being. It's called direct reflecting, and some speaker manufactures built an entire line for this. Think Bose 901, 501, etc. Let us know if it helps.

Was tempted to suggest the “Bose” way too. Looks a bit silly though. But it does also work as a cheat for adding space.

Thanks for the confirmation Rob.
Adding space = separation.

I was kind of skeptical but after getting one and using it I really love the rift.
bundle-topImage.png

Bought a Jeep from a member here that started falling apart the 1st week I got it. Cost me more than I paid for it to get it back on the road. Xmas brought me a new job with substantially more pay, allowing me to take this baby home and put the Jeep aside. Feels real good to be back in a Ford truck.

Attachments

• IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 79
Picked up this couch/loveseat combo yesteday and set it up this afternoon. Pretty nice for low end stuff. Made by Corinthian, fairly thick polyurethane, three year warranty on stitching and foam breakdown. We'll see how long it takes before the apes (dogs) destroy it.

Sort of. The old sectional was obliterated. When the apes were puppies, they chewed it and would try to dig on it. Made it really tough to fork out for something new. They're not so terrible these days, but they're still going to scratch it and it'll drive me nuts until I stop caring about it like the last one. It's cool, but at the same time I know there's a few dozen, "AHHHHHH U FKRS!" in my future.

I stayed at that same hotel when I was there about 9 years ago. I remember Obama had either just gotten elected or was just about to and he was on vacation somewhere on the island. Went to that same beach he was at for snorkeling and there had to have been at least 30 secret service agents on the beach.

Back