• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

New bike

uNjp5OM.jpg

UUSLoN1.jpg

qiZ6q6p.jpg

K not really new anymore, have had it for 2 months now and told myself i'd wash it before taking pictures...well, i stuck to my promise, i just didn't think it'd take me 2 months to wash the thing.

Anyhoo, 2018 Husky Supermoto, rottweiler intake and tail tidy, pc5, yosh slip on, and scotts damper. New mirrors are next and i still need to change out that front sprocket. No other real plans, it's a pretty fun bike. Thanks for taking a look.

#humblebrag

Very nice! I'm actually selling my 690 smc to buy one. Debating buying a used 2016 701 with the older motor or just buying a new 2018.

I saw it, crazy overkill for what I need a truck for, but I like where it's headed. 6.2 is standard in the denali, and I would have gotten that if they offered the same % off msrp. It's the same reason why I didn't buy a raptor, dealers are crazy with their markups and I'd have to travel out of state for msrp. Unfortunately, I don't have time to do that.

Raptors are pretty much like printing money for dealers. My Ford dealer hasn’t actually had one come off the truck that isn’t already presold for like, since there was Raptors.

Whenever I see one come in, I only halfway jokingly ask if they’ll me one to me on the A-plan.

Raptors are pretty much like printing money for dealers. My Ford dealer hasn’t actually had one come off the truck that isn’t already presold for like, since there was Raptors.

Whenever I see one come in, I only halfway jokingly ask if they’ll me one to me on the A-plan.

Frontier has been stockpiling theirs. With their markup, they are asking 90-100K. Complete craziness.

I have a thing against people making money off me, and I will not buy based on principle. I've always been a fan of GMC trucks. My dream truck in HS was a Syclone.

Very nice! I'm actually selling my 690 smc to buy one. Debating buying a used 2016 701 with the older motor or just buying a new 2018.

Prob worth getting a 17 or newer just to put the oil consumption concerns behind you alone. Jmho

It's no gt3 but it might hold me over a bit :p

*edit, also, i hope you have more luck with that gmc than i did. Had a 2015 with the 6.2 for a couple years and traded it in on this ford. Maybe they've worked the kinks out between now and then.

Last edited:
Prob worth getting a 17 or newer just to put the oil consumption concerns behind you alone. Jmho

It's no gt3 but it might hold me over a bit :p

*edit, also, i hope you have more luck with that gmc than i did. Had a 2015 with the 6.2 for a couple years and traded it in on this ford. Maybe they've worked the kinks out between now and then.

I hope so! I read about the shakes so I took the truck on a long test ride before buying. The very next day, I drove it to Tahoe too. No issues. About my only complaint is the onboard LTE is kinda slow, and the obvious build quality--but I also have an 2018 Audi S5, so that's the other end of the spectrum.

I think you are right. 2017+ has the updated motor which is smoother and more power. I found a used 2016 bike with 1000 miles for 10k or a new one for 13k otd... hmmmm

Last edited:

We have 3 new Raptors on the lot. Sales have sold 3 since the first of the year. The dealer mark-up varies Dealer to dealer. The average sticker MSRP is right around $68,000. Our Sales Dept. adds 15 to 20 grand markup. Don't know why anyone would pay the dealer markup. But they do. Had one of our good vendors ready to Wright a check for $68,000 even, out the door. Sales denied the purchase. A week later, it was purchased for $80,000??????

We also have a 2017 Shelby Mustang That has the larger rear spoiler on it. Made out of carbon fiber. Lots of people have inquired how much to install that spoiler on their Non-Shelby Mustang. Retail price is..................

$10,288 Just for the spoiler kit. Its around 1/7 of the price of the pony out the door. :laughing

We have 3 new Raptors on the lot. Sales have sold 3 since the first of the year. The dealer mark-up varies Dealer to dealer. The average sticker MSRP is right around $68,000. Our Sales Dept. adds 15 to 20 grand markup. Don't know why anyone would pay the dealer markup. But they do. Had one of our good vendors ready to Wright a check for $68,000 even, out the door. Sales denied the purchase. A week later, it was purchased for $80,000??????

We also have a 2017 Shelby Mustang That has the larger rear spoiler on it. Made out of carbon fiber. Lots of people have inquired how much to install that spoiler on their Non-Shelby Mustang. Retail price is..................

$10,288 Just for the spoiler kit. Its around 1/7 of the price of the pony out the door. :laughing

Of course 68k OTD for a 68k MSRP truck isn't going to fly... That's asking for a pretty big discount.

I was willing to pay MSRP + Tax, title, license, etc... I was a little jaded when dealers here in the South Bay think its crazy to sell with no markup. To be honest it put me off on the truck entirely.

Anyways back on track.

I'm picking this up :)

Attachments

• 2016-husqvarna-701-supermoto-review-how-to-shame-sportbikes-8.jpg
    2016-husqvarna-701-supermoto-review-how-to-shame-sportbikes-8.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 70
Of course 68k OTD for a 68k MSRP truck isn't going to fly... That's asking for a pretty big discount.

I was willing to pay MSRP + Tax, title, license, etc... I was a little jaded when dealers here in the South Bay think its crazy to sell with no markup. To be honest it put me off on the truck entirely.

Anyways back on track.

I'm picking this up :)

buy the 15T front sprocket now, 6th gear is way too high from the factory. Turns it into a completely new bike. All other mods are optional (and a whole lot more expensive) by comparison.

Frontier has been stockpiling theirs. With their markup, they are asking 90-100K. Complete craziness.

I have a thing against people making money off me, and I will not buy based on principle. I've always been a fan of GMC trucks. My dream truck in HS was a Syclone.

Frontier is a fucking rip joint. That whole front pad is full of Raptors, Shelbys, and Rouschs. Most of not all with ADM stickers riding next to the Monroney. They’re hoping some 49er or techbro millionaire is just driving buy and just has to have it so much that they pay whatever it says on the paper.

Oh and since this thread is about buying stuff. Here’s why I bought today.

0000181_300.jpeg

Just one. For my 5 month old car.

Yeah today was a fun morning!

10k for a wing really means "we don't want this on anything but a Shelby"

10k for a wing really means "we don't want this on anything but a Shelby"

Might even be VIN restricted too. There’s been a long standing sort of rule that many dealers don’t adhere to that you need to prove you own one if you order the Cobra badges.

Harley sometimes has gone so far as to make people hand in their old/damaged tank badges (anniversary or CVO models) in order to buy new ones.

Chevy has done the same with the recent Z28. Many parts are restricted to current owners.

Might even be VIN restricted too. There’s been a long standing sort of rule that many dealers don’t adhere to that you need to prove you own one if you order the Cobra badges.

Harley sometimes has gone so far as to make people hand in their old/damaged tank badges (anniversary or CVO models) in order to buy new ones.

That's lame. I couldn't afford a real Roush back in 2004...so I made my own... :laughing

DSC01238_zpskryqwjjf.jpg

Got my 2018 Rainier climbing permit. Going to make an attempt on Little Tahoma (11,138') this weekend.

Mt_Rainier-Little_Tahoma_Peak.jpg

Attachments

• 2018 Rainier Permit.jpg
    2018 Rainier Permit.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 83
Back