• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

LG True flip phone. No apps. No internet. No touch screen. Because my 13 year old delinquent can't control her habits on the internet, apps, social media, games, etc etc. I LOVE txting her now though because she get soooo frustrated trying to txt back. It's hilarious. I could txt a perfectly written and punctuated paragraph on those old phones...while driving....and shift.....without once looking down at the screen and in less time than a modern smart phone. I don't think she has discovered the predictive txt option yet and it's been a week lol.

LG-True-3.jpg

I am positive I met your kiddo at the FNR years ago when she was just a wee girl. I am sending good thoughts your way, it's a rough age.

A pool to get out of this Sacramento summer heat

Attachments

• 20180508_094942.jpg
    20180508_094942.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 116
  • 20180508_123123.jpg
    20180508_123123.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 20180508_193628.jpg
    20180508_193628.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 20180509_191123.jpg
    20180509_191123.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 104
I am positive I met your kiddo at the FNR years ago when she was just a wee girl. I am sending good thoughts your way, it's a rough age.

Thank you, I believe we have met a year years back. I had the Red Ducati 1098 with carbon fiber wheels. I always went to the FNR with my daughter on the back.

13 is definitely a rough age, it went from great to bad to worst starting at age 7 or so.

A pool to get out of this Sacramento summer heat

Congratulations. I want to make sure you have my correct address for the party invitations:

Map8
1313 Shameless Lane
Freeloader, CA

Amen to this. My daughter spent the summer she was 13 at my mom's house. We did vacation type things during the summer (mom lived less than 5 miles from us, so we did some beach, dirt biking, etc.), but her residence was not at my house, I needed a break from her being 13. : |

There was never a happier day in her life than the day she came back home. :thumbup

Last edited:
Hella steep transitions.

Actually not too bad. 2 steps from shelf to shallow area then a pretty big shallow area and transition to deeper. It goes from 3.5' to 7' or 7.5', haven't measured. I wanted 8 but hit hard-pan at 6.5', took a day with a hammer attachment on the Bobcat to get down another foot. Wasn't willing to pay for the rest.

This is not something you actually want to buy. Especially since we moved into the new house not even 7 years ago only to have the kind of expensive Whirlpool that we got with the house die already.

7901001_rd.jpg

The only good thing about coming back from an expensive vacation only spend a shitload more money for this is that when I went to the store, I didn’t need a list. Because if it was a perishable item...I damn well knew I didn’t have it already.

Actually not too bad. 2 steps from shelf to shallow area then a pretty big shallow area and transition to deeper. It goes from 3.5' to 7' or 7.5', haven't measured. I wanted 8 but hit hard-pan at 6.5', took a day with a hammer attachment on the Bobcat to get down another foot. Wasn't willing to pay for the rest.

I think he was talking about skateboarding :)

@Rob; I'm planning to replace all my appliances soon but not sure what brand to go with.
Did you do some research and determine LG to be more reliable than others or is it just a matter of buying the proper model within a brand?

@Rob; I'm planning to replace all my appliances soon but not sure what brand to go with.
Did you do some research and determine LG to be more reliable than others or is it just a matter of buying the proper model within a brand?

Not really. Just knew that I didn’t want Whirlpool. When we bought the house, Whirlpool was the standard appliance package. We paid an additional $700 for Whirlpool Gold stuff. But still Whirlpool. We could have stepped up to Jenn-Air stuff for $7k more, Viking even more that that...so we took Whirlpool.

Many years ago, I worked at Fry’s. And I sold an appliance or two when I was there. The supervisor for the appliance department said get Maytag. Always Maytag. And Whirlpool was crap. Boy that sure held true decades later.

As far as the LG goes. It checked all the boxes and was on sale (MSRP was close to $3200 and I think we got it for $2400). We needed counter depth. The wife insisted on French door. And we needed the ice/water outside the door. This one has a compact ice maker contained in the left door which freed up a ton of space over the typical setup which is in the box and has a chute that goes through to the door. As it turns out, LG seems to be highly rated in the French door refrigerator segment. No idea what the other appliances are like, but the fridge will easy be the most expensive appliance in the kitchen, so if you want to brand match, I suppose LG isn’t a bad choice. I’ve heard some bad things about t Samsung stuff, but some of the refrigerators are really neat. If I were buying a full set of appliances, I’d consider Bosch and maybe the higher line of GE. Many of the really fancy brands like Sub Zero, Wolf, and Miele don’t offer a full lineup of appliances, but if you wanted to break up the brand matching, you could get the best of the best. Sub Zero refrigerator, Viking or Wolf range, Bosch dishwasher, Maytag washer/dryer, etc

Last edited:

Found Eleanor! Had to rent a truck with lift gate and pick it up for
San Rafael. Got it bout 3 weeks ago but the riving knife bracket was stripped. Has to tap it and with a longer bolt etc.

Polished the top too as previous owner had it all jacked.

5hp single phase and 52” cut capacity. Stoked! Could possibly be the last Saw I buy in my life unless I ever get room for a slider.

Back