• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Saw Stop, does that mean it has that anti finger chopped off feature?

Yeah and I hope to never test it. The brake that gets activated is $60 and it typically means loss of a blade too. So it could be a $160 accident. If it saves a finger great! However, sometimes wet wood or hitting a staple will trip it. It's pretty insane the tech and how it all works and how the computer wont even turn the saw on if a blade is not in or a door is open. There's bypass mode to turn off the sensing tech if wet wood will be cut.

It's a 2006 model I think. Their industrial model. My craigslist app wasn't notifying me of new listings. I looked mid day and saw it was posted 25 minutes prior to me looking. I emailed and offered him $700 below asking and we settled on $500 off his asking price. Worked for me. Got it for about 60% off of retail.

There was a video somewhere of someone actually testing it with his finger. It drew blood as I recall, but that's about the extent of it.

It's pretty neat tech, but I think it's out of patent now, and that there's at least one other alternative out there.

76967_990x577.jpg

Gotta love VSP. With all the boxes I checked, this would’ve been over a grand but it’s a little over $300 with the insurance.

Found Eleanor! Had to rent a truck with lift gate and pick it up for
San Rafael. Got it bout 3 weeks ago but the riving knife bracket was stripped. Has to tap it and with a longer bolt etc.

Polished the top too as previous owner had it all jacked.

5hp single phase and 52” cut capacity. Stoked! Could possibly be the last Saw I buy in my life unless I ever get room for a slider.

Oh shit way to go dubbs! That looks exactly like the one we use in our shop daily. Its a beast. With the proper blade and the safty dis-engaged I cut 2" thick aluminum plate. Keep the brake unit free of dust and dirt and stock an extra brake. Sometimes they will go off unexpectadly and but does not always roach the blade. You can save a quality carbide tipped blade on occasion. You just have to dig out the aluminum brake shoe.

Finally got it. Upper is done, tomorrow morning I’ll put Lower together.

33370046_10214804399891043_2911274853526929408_n.jpg

El Jefe Croissant

CDMX

Uncertain death by a thousand calories.

Attachments

• IMG_20180523_092632.jpg
    IMG_20180523_092632.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
At least you'll die happy.......

Finally I bought something I can contribute to this thread. Broke, frugal, cheap.

Upgrading from a iPhone 6 Plus that has the "Touch Disease" and is quickly dying/failing. Bought a Galaxy S9+ 256GB using a student discount. Way more than I wanted to pay for a phone but it was $300 cheaper than the iPhone X.

4pisw36523h01.jpg

Finally got it. Upper is done, tomorrow morning I’ll put Lower together.

33370046_10214804399891043_2911274853526929408_n.jpg

LoL I had mine on layaway when I first posted mine up on here and finally picked it up from 10 day yesterday along with my Springfield 911. I figure if I'm gonna pay dros, might as well get two guns and "save" money lol.

LoL I had mine on layaway when I first posted mine up on here and finally picked it up from 10 day yesterday along with my Springfield 911. I figure if I'm gonna pay dros, might as well get two guns and "save" money lol.

I already built mine.

76967_990x577.jpg

Gotta love VSP. With all the boxes I checked, this would’ve been over a grand but it’s a little over $300 with the insurance.

what model glasses are those? I'm still rocking the carbon plate ones I got but its about time for some new frames and I'm a sucker for carbon fiber.

what model glasses are those? I'm still rocking the carbon plate ones I got but its about time for some new frames and I'm a sucker for carbon fiber.

Carbon plate? I have those too! Old Rx. Thinking about having new lenses put in since the frames are still pristine.

My new ones are called Pitchman Carbon.

Which is replacing the Tincup Carbon. Same exact stems (which I love...very easy to slide in while wearing a helmet) as the new ones, just a little more of a minimalist frame.

Well, since I haven’t worked for a year, and been struggling to find employment, I sold my truck and went and bought this off a buddy for $500. I’m not a Benz fan, but for the money, I’d take it all day!!

DHQ1OYZ.jpg

Back